Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 129 reviews
on August 5, 2016
This is a poet with a deeply felt interest in how human beings treat one another. Her verse is fraught with poignant images revealing the way people hurt one another and often remain indifferent about do so. It is a shocking and alarming world depicted in her powerful pieces and one we must all be mindful of if we are to reach a better plain of existence.
on September 6, 2017
I like the new condition as promised by seller Greenicemedia.com. I love Lorrie Moores writing and especially this short story format. Thank you Amazon.
review image
on December 17, 2011
Although this book cost me more than a used one, I'm thrilled with its brand new look.

Lorrie Moore tends to write the same kind of story again and again, but with different characters, so if you are okay with that, you'll like this book. Each story has parallel themes in which the main character, a woman, is in distress, and nothing seems to help, and the story ends with her in distress. I'm not exactly sure why, but this didn't bother me! She's an excellent writer-- I'm just telling you what you're getting into.
on October 28, 2015
Lorrie Moore is like no other writer. She's funny, complex, wacky. She said in one story that she loved her kitten so much she "grit her teeth when she pet her" and I knew exactly what she meant. I wish I could write like her, her writing is dazzling and energetic, a real romp.
on January 14, 2015
The peculiarities of the characters caused me to look at them and their situations with a different perspective. Although common, the events are extraordinary and the plot line is surprising though plausible. The characters feel deeply, confused about their lives, trying to make some kind of meaning out of what happens to them. I was enchanted.
on May 10, 2015
Each story offered thoughtful insights on our Anerican lived... From different stages and different places. Each one made me think not only about the storyline, but the creative use of language.
on August 29, 2016
Smart, funny, insightful, unrelentingly honest, beautifully crafted, unforgettable
on June 7, 2014
Short story collections are like tours vs. An excursion-stopping off in new unfamiliar places with no idea where you are until you begin to read. Moore is one of the best short story authors I have read. I both anticipate and dread the endings.
on April 26, 2015
Although this was not my favorite by Lorrie Moore, I am never not impressed by her. This was a gem, and it grew on me as I continued to read this.
on January 9, 2007
Lorrie Moore's collections of short stories are funny, moving and poignant. Her voice is clear and unfaltering. "People like that are the only people here; canonical babbling in peed onk" is certainly the most tender and agonizing depiction of dealing with the illness of a child.

All her stories are filled with clearly drawn characters in a variety of backgrounds across America and Europe. I look forward to every new addition to her fine work.