Hill Climb Racing 2 Libros en Español Nuestra mezclilla favorita Compra jeans para mujer nav_sap_plcc_acash Amazon Music Unlimited outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels GNO

Showing 1-10 of 79 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 83 reviews
A delightful collection of patterns for decorative ornaments and appliques, suitable for (1) framing, (2) adding to containers, hatbands, and wreaths, or (3) wearing as lapel jewelry. Some of the patterns are for three-dimensional objects, like the knitted Blue Tit bird, the crocheted ear of corn, or the knitted striped caterpillar. Other patterns are for flat decorations, like the knitted butterflies, the crocheted strawberry leaf, or the crocheted dragonfly.

The patterns are grouped into themes: Spring Things, Hedgerow Flowers, Leaf Fall, Bugs and Beasties, Butterflies, Rock Pool, Vegetable Basket, Woodland Walk, and Midwinter. Probably I'll never want to make a stuffed slug, housefly, or mushroom, but the ladybug is cute, and the patterns for shells, acorns, Easter eggs, fruits, and vegetables will come in handy for holiday or seasonal decoration projects. The flat "specimen butterflies" (peacock, large blue, fritillary) are delightful.

All of the patterns have written-out instructions, and the crocheted patterns also have charts. There is some very basic how-to-knit and how-to-crochet material at the beginning of the book, but this is a pattern book, not a technical manual. Most of the patterns look like they would be fairly easy to knit or crochet--a notable exception is the charming three-dimensional Blue Tit. I give this book 5 stars, because of the clear instructions, the full-color close-up photos, and the sheer variety of interesting "things" included in the patterns.

If what you're looking for is patterns for knitted and crocheted pieces that can be used either individually (as appliques) or joined together into larger projects, then you might be interested in another newly-published pattern collection: 150 Knit and Crochet Motifs: Anything-but-Square Shapes for Garments, Accessories, Afghans, and Throws.
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2011
I have been looking for a book with butterflies to make. This one has some very cute butterflies in it. Also the flowers are quite nice too. The only complain I have on this book is that there is not many birds in it. Even though the title is 75 Birds, Butterflies & Little Beasts to Knit and Crochet, there is only 2 birds in the book. I was hoping for more. There is also a few patterns for eggs, which I find odd since I am sure they all look the same. Also I am not very happy about all the fruits in this book either. Overall, I wish there is more birds and less eggs in this book.
on August 18, 2017
Great ideas, I'm a little picky with this author but overall a good book
on April 28, 2017
Just the right projects to adorn the chem hats I knit and crochet.
on April 12, 2012
An exciting addition to my knitting pattern collection. The patterns are clear and simple. There are many projects included. After completing several I found they inspired me to use these knit flora and fauna in many differnt ways. Being small items they work up quickly;not something often found in knitting projects. They proved to be great for using up yarn left over from other projects.

I was surprised that the crochet patterns were charted ( the knit ones were not). I seldom crochet so this will be a challenge for me. The projects are appealing so I will be learning something new this Summer, but if you primarily crochet and do not feel comfortable without a written out pattern this book is not the one you want.
on March 18, 2017
great
on July 13, 2017
Only wish there were more designs
on September 6, 2016
Kids love to see the creations from this wonderful book. My favorite is the blue bird. Well the caterpillar so so many favorites when I really look. Enjoy!
on March 28, 2013
I love it! This is so cute and informative! I highly recommend it to anyone at any skill level. It's a great addition.
on February 22, 2017
Had fun making the items. Patterns were correct that I used without having to figure out what was wrong.