Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 31-40 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
on September 10, 2015
Much better than the older European bird books. the only drawback is that it is pretty large and heavy so I have not been carrying it around with me hiking so I may have missed a few identifications.
on August 21, 2014
The guide is complete, but is the same as Collins Bird Guide which is published in England. Also the guide could use bird type silhouettes in the front or rear
on December 31, 2016
The classic guide for Europe and North Africa.
on January 11, 2011
I needed a birding field guide for a recent trip to Portugal. I hit on this one because it was a nice compromise between size (for lugging around) and thoroughness. Quite a detailed book, excellent illustrations. Some may find the books size a little difficult for the field, but considering the range it covers, I think it is as compact as it can get. On the whole, I am pleased with the book and it was a great help on my trip.
on April 4, 2014
I am a wildlife photographer and am regularly adding to my library of reference books that help me accurately identify the critters I take pictures of. Other Princeton Field Guides I own have served me well, and I expect the same of this one.
on March 30, 2017
Very good book!
on August 7, 2015
Very interesting about the subject. All species are represented here, the drawings should be more realistic (they are too small).
on May 30, 2009
I purchased this book for a trip to Iceland. Well written, clear and thorough descriptions and excellent drawings with multiple poses and alternate and juvenile forms. Especially helpful is the introductory paragraphs to each family of birds and also the size comparison of related birds. Compares very favorably to the Sibley North America Guides, which I consider one of the best. Highly recommended!
on October 14, 2016
Beautiful Book.
on February 18, 2015
Used this for recent trip to Portugal. Worked well in the field and for pre-trip study. Plan to use it for future trips to other parts of Europe.