Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

BISSELL 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop, Blue
Color: Blue|Style Name: PowerFresh Only|Change

Showing 1-10 of 8,694 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9,293 reviews
Doesn’t work at all
on December 17, 2017
I bought this steam mop in January 2016. I chose the Bissell after having went through 3 Shark mops in a 5 year period.

Pros: The Bissell has experienced no degradation in function from the day I purchased it 2 years ago, I like the fact that it stands up on its own without having to lean it against something else (with the Shark it inevitably slid and crashed to the ground). It heats up quickly, cools down quickly and the water tank is easy to remove and refill. My downstairs has approximately 1,000 sq ft of hard floors (laminate). One tank can do my whole downstairs. It gets the grooves in the floors very well. The pads get stubborn dirt and grime well with a little elbow grease. The pads wash nicely. I’ve since bought another set of pads but still use the original pads as spares.

Cons: If cord type and length is an issue for you, be aware that it’s not an auto roll and in my house I have to plug into 3 outlets to do the whole downstairs. There is not a noticeable difference in the 3 steam settings and each steam setting is not consistent. For example, in one mopping, the highest setting will sometimes puddle while at other times it’s a fine mist. The lowest steam setting acts the same.

Other stuff: i have not seen that the extra “scrubber” at the back of the base of the pad really adds anything to scrubbing that isn’t taken care of by elbow grease with the normal pads. I do not have grout or large grooves in my floors though. Also, the scent disks aren’t something I kept buying. I prefer essential oils or tart burners for added house aromas.

There are definite pros to this steam mop, but the inconsistency in the steam settings and the puddling of water speaks to the basic functionality of a steam mop, which significantly impacted this rating.
on December 17, 2017
Works great on tile floors.
on December 16, 2017
I liked it so well at my rental property in Arizona that I bought a second one for my home in Illinois. It’s hard to clean tile floors well but the Bissell does a first rate job. No more scrubbing on my hands and knees!
on December 16, 2017
I bought my first one Sept 2014 and it lasted until Nov 2017 so about three years. I used the steamer once a week and was very satisfied with the steamer. It warmed up quickly and the floor dried quickly. I ordered another one today. Everything worked except it got plugged for some reason. I always used distilled water for the machine. I feel it should have lasted a little longer but the price is decent to get a new one and not repair the old one. I had other Bissell products and they have lasted longer than 3 years.
on December 16, 2017
lasted six months !! second one I tried,both quit working within six months.Yes i used distilled water as directed.
on December 16, 2017
Not bad, but not as powerful as I was hoping.
on December 16, 2017
I found that the steam is not very strong even on high. The steam makes the pads very wet and hard to push to clean the floor. I had a sharky and I felt that the steam was much hotter and stronger
on December 15, 2017
This was a great product for two uses. There is a recurring clog in the base that prevents the steam from coming out. Very annoying to disassemble a hot mop that won’t make steam.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 15, 2017
I THink the item is good but only used it 2 times until the water holders cap broke. So im now trying to find a replacement.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.