Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, Tile ..." and save 39% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Floor Care Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, Tile Cleaner, and Hard Wood Floor Cleaner, 1940
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Clean and sanitize* sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals. Eliminates 99.9Percent of germs and bacteria* with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip-down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- Features swivel steering and a 23-foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, (2) spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider
|Shop Mops, Mops Part, and Accessories by AmazonBasics|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
A Chemical-Free Clean
Clean and sanitize your floors with the natural power of steam.
Customize Your Steam Cleaning
Choose from 3 levels of steam based on your cleaning need.
Enjoy the Fresh Scent
Insert Spring Breeze fragrance discs into your mop pad for a clean scent while you steam clean.
Clean Across All Hard Floors
Use on sealed hardwood, ceramic, linoleum, granite, and marble floors.
Deluxe Mop Pad Kit | 5938
Accessory kit includes (1) washable soft mop pad, (1) washable scrubby mop pad, and (2) Spring Breeze fragrance discs.
Scent Waters – Spring Breeze 1394, Eucalyptus Mint 1392, Citrus 1393
Demineralized water for use in steam mops. Leaves behind a fresh scent while you clean.
Spring Breeze Fragrance Discs (8 pack) | 1095
Insert fragrance discs into mop pad for an optional, whole-room fresh scent.
|PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop (2075A)||PowerFresh Lift-Off Steam Mop (1544A)||PowerFresh Deluxe Steam Mop (1806)||PowerFresh Pet Steam Mop (19404)||PowerFresh Steam Mop (1940)||PowerEdge Lift-Off Steam Mop (20781)|
|Variable Steam Levels||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||-|
|Washable Microfiber Pads||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Weight||6.4lb||10 lb||6 lb||6 lb||6 lb||4.6 lb|
|Water Tank Capacity||12 oz||13.5 oz||16 oz||16 oz||16 oz||10 oz|
|Steam Control||Steam on Demand||Continuous Steam||Continuous Steam||Continuous Steam||Continuous Steam||Steam on Demand|
|Features||3-in-1 with Handheld Steam Cleaner||2-in-1 with Handheld Steam Cleaner||SpotBOOST Brush||Odor-Eliminating Fragrance Discs||Easy Scrubber||2-in-1 with Handheld Steam Cleaner|
|Surface Type||Sealed Hardwood, Ceramic, Linoleum, Granite, Marble, Above-Floor Cleaning||Sealed Hardwood, Ceramic, Linoleum, Granite, Marble, Above-Floor Cleaning||Sealed Hardwood, Ceramic, Linoleum, Granite, Marble||Sealed Hardwood, Ceramic, Linoleum, Granite, Marble||Sealed Hardwood, Ceramic, Linoleum, Granite, Marble||Sealed Hardwood, Ceramic, Linoleum, Granite, Marble, Above-Floor Cleaning|
|Tools||Fabric Steamer, Bristle Tools, Angle Concentrator Tool, Grout Tool, On-Board Tool Kit, Wall Mount, Flat Surface Tool, Red Bristle Scrub Brush, Clothing Steamer Tool||Window Squeegee, Flat Surface Tool, Fabric Steamer, Bristle Tools, Angle Concentrator Tool, Grout Tool, Flat Scraper Tool||-||-||-||Grout and Bristle Brush|
The BISSELL power fresh steam mop provides superior steam cleaning with a fresh scent. For those tough, dried-on messes we all experience on our floors and on grout, use the flip-down easy scrubber brush to break up the dirt quickly and easily. Cleaning with steam sanitizes* floors, eliminating 99.9Percent of germs and bacteria* in common households.*when used as directed, using the microfiber pads.*when used as directed, using the microfiber pads.
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, the pros:
1. Easy to put together-takes maybe a minute including the time to grab the screwdriver to put the handle on.
2. Price is beyond reasonable, in my opinion
3. Love never having to buy cleaners again!
4. Steam is great - heats up super quick and if general cleaning can cover most of my 800 sf of flooring in the about 20 min that the tank lasts (which was a concern because it used to take a good hour with a reg mop!).
5. Changing/refilling the water if you need to is as easy as pulling it out of the handle and taking the lid off. Takes about 30 seconds to complete the process and be back to mopping.
6. Cleaned my grout!!! Granted I used the little scrubber brush on the back of the unit (which I do wish were a little longer), but I carefully pressed on it with my foot so it would "scrub" and reach down in the gap, and in two min time it went from black to nearly new clean. I expect over time it will only improve. *note- see below for warnings/concerns with regards to this aspect
7. Floors were clean and almost instantly dry even with 2-3 run overs.
8. You can let it "sit" on an area particularly hard to clean and it will also sanitize after about 15 seconds
9. It gets super hot - yes, it really does steam steam (much like a new iron does when you press the steam button)
10. No residue left on the floor.
11. Worked on hard tile as well as hardwood floors.
12. Light -easy to carry upstairs, etc. And has a decently long cord so you don't have to keep unplugging room to room.
Now, not sure these are "cons" but perhaps more of concerns/cautions to not be misleading I any comments above:
1. When using your foot to press down on the scrubber be careful! The steam can burn your toes (yes, it gets that hot - which is good!) and can also make them wet so you could slip/fall easily. It took me some practice but so far have still found it the preferred way to go - though perhaps a scrubbie by hand could work as well if you really wanted to go that route (or had kids in need of "making amends").
2. While I said above that the floors remain relatively dry even after a few swipes, I need to mention that if trying to deep clean the floors can become quite wet esp with the highest steam setting. This is in part due to the high steam level combined with the mop head getting saturated and no longer able to absorb the water or dirt. At this point you can either have spare mop heads or follow up with a towel or other mop to dry the door and pick up the loosened dirt (easier than actual mopping as the hard part is done!). Again this isn't a defect simply a matter of practicality and really only an issue if you become obsessed as I did once you see the dramatic difference you can achieve with this thing! Regardless it can become quite slippery and even a little "messy" so wanted to mention.
3. If you leave the steamer on a spot for too long, at least with my porcelain floor, the flooring retains that heat for some time and can burn your feet if you're not wearing shoes (just a matter of prob 5-10 min but again, yes it gets that hot!). Not a big deal, but surprised my feet when I happened to step on them - not a big deal for adults, but if you have crawling or walking toddlers maybe good to know (however on the plus, they now can literally eat off the floor without concern due to the sanitizing properties). :)
4. While I did use tap water, you really should (and I will be going forward) use filtered water. I just didn't have any on hand and didn't want to run out because it was Christmas Eve.
5. While it fits beside toilets and gets in small spaces, getting the grout right up next to cabinets or walls, etc will prob require some old fashioned getting on ground and using some "Goo Gone" cleaner and scrubbing. Note, it will clean up against the walls, just not easy to scrub there.
Now with that said, proof is in the pudding so to speak, and so I included a before and after of one area of my floor so you can judge for yourself. The time lapse was approx 2min using highest steam and a little foot pressure on the scrubbie. For the close up you can tell it's the same area because I believe there's a crack in one of the tiles - though even that became less noticeable after cleaning! :)
-The water tank is removable, so you dont have to put the whole mop on a table when it comes time to refil. This is a really cool and no brainer feature.
-The steam is constant, so you dont have to pump it to have steam. I owned an old shark that required you to push the mop back and forth to pump steam. This was a pain because you always had to pump back and forth.
-Wide mop head for fast cleaning
-Good cord length
-Kind of a deal breaker for me- The microfiber pad bunches up in the front when you push the mop forward. This issue only occurs on my hardwood floors, not my tiled bathroom. Both pads are doing this for me, and it makes no sense that it was designed this way. I plan on modifying my microfiber pads so they can be strapped to the front of the mop head.
I would give this mop 5 stars if it weren't for the issue I listed above. If i had to do it again, i would have bought the hoover twin tank mop which seams to be an equal contender for this mop. If you found this review helpful, please check off the box for me. Thanks!
*This unit is quite a bit heavier then most which gives it much better floor contact, this makes the steam stay close to the floor rather then shooting out the sides making this clean far better then others. You won't see much steam but it's HOT and it's down there!
*i have had issues with miro fiber pads not cleaning well due to the very short knap that just moves dirt around. The pads on this unit have a much longer looped knap, much like terry, so it gets to the grout much better and really cleans the floor. I do use vinegar on the pad NOT in the tank! Use only distilled water in tank.
*the steam exit chamber on the bottom is wider then most and gets extremely hot. The whole pad was dirty not just a few areas like others, see pic.
*love the removable mid section, so this can be hand held for other uses.
*comes with some very good attachments (not all good). The small cleaning pad attachments are great for steralizing cutting boards which I do daily and cleaning my stainless counters and other small areas. The three hard round brushes (they all seem the same to me just different colors, all very stiff) worked excellent on darker high traffic areas of grout in my kitchen and held up to the heat well. The rest eh, we'll get to that.
*the water tank is not removable so you have to take the water cup to the unit or take the unit to the water with cord attached. This is a pain in the ass because the little pitcher is impossible to pour into a teeny tiny hole. You have to lay the whole unit on it's side to access the fill hole. You have to have a funnel (not included). Also the water cup holds 15 ounces to the top line but the unit only holds about 12 ounces so the rest goes everywhere.
*the cap over the fill hole consists of a rubber cap with a triangular piece of orange plastic attached by only an eighth inch spec of plastic. Mine was broken off right out of the box, so when I went to replace the rubber cap it pushed right into the water tank, water spilled everywhere and I had to extract the rubber cap with tweezers! I solved this problem by replacing this very poorly designed cap with a simple cork. Bissell needs to address this really silly yet big flaw, see pics.
*while this has a boatload of attachments, some are just overkill. The grout brush for instance curled from the heat first use, see pics. The squeegee worked to some degree but kept twisting because it does not lock in place. Scent pads, really?? And the scraper equally useless as well as the hand held extension tube. Too many pieces you will never use, I would rather have gotten 4 floor cleaning pads instead. You have to frequently change the pad or it just moves the dirt around, it gets dirty fast even on a frequently cleaned floor so plan on buying extras.
*this unit is thicker then most because of the handheld feature but the drawback of that is that it does not lay down as low as others to get under low furniture. It gets under chairs fine but could not do under the sofa or my dressers, bed, or vanity like my other one can. But that said, this unit outcleans others where it does reach, so it's a give and take here.
Aside from a few issues, I love how clean this gets my tile floor and I would absolutely recommend this unit. My floors are spottless, it's easy to use and stores in a small space. I will get more cleaning pads for sure, you need at least 6 for a two thousand sq. foot tile floor, it comes with 2. My two biggest issues were the broken fill cap and it's hard to fill, but this is still an excellent floor steamer, just buy a cork because the cap will break, see pic.