- Series: For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance)
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (April 4, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119076137
- ISBN-13: 978-1119076131
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.5 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.1 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 28 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #29,229 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Bitcoin For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance)) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Understand the ins and outs of the bitcoin market
- Set up your bitcoin wallet and get started
- Protect yourself against fraud and theft
The clear, quick, easy-to-follow guide to getting started with bitcoin
The bitcoin market is packed with potential, but the nuances of how it worksand the risks involvedcan be a bit difficult to grasp. This informative guide breaks it all down so you can start trading crypto currency with confidence. Know where your money is going, manage risks, and bank on bitcoin today!
- What is bitcoin? discover the what, why, and how behind bitcoin and start making money in the markets
- Bank on it get your hands on a bitcoin wallet, set up an address, understand your private key, and grasp how security works
- Get down to business find out how to use bitcoin to buy goods and services, pay bills and employees, and accept digital currency for your store
- Protect your digital asset defend bitcoin from hackers, watch out for attacks and double spending, and secure your bitcoin
Open the book and find:
- Exactly how it's used
- How to securely store your bitcoin
- What you need to know about encrypting
- The lowdown on trading and crowdfunding
- How it's regulated
- Where it's banned
- Services that help you with taxes
- Bitcoin pros and cons
- Ten great ways to use it
About the Author
Prypto is known as a brand for "Keeping Crypto Simple" by offering bitcoin scratchcards to resellers. Its client base is those who are new to bitcoin or those who want to try it out. Prypto sponsors all major bitcoin events, releases videos on how bitcoin can help their customers, and specializes in turnkey blockchain solutions.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
Fast forward a few years and I decide to do some more research on bitcoins. Being a big Amazon Prime fan now and a big fan of the “for Dummies” books I go to Amazon to see what I can find. Much to my surprise I find the book “Bitcoin For Dummies 1st Edition” and it was just recently published! I download the free sample and minutes later I purchase the kindle version of the book.
What a eye opener Bitcoin For Dummies has been for me. If you are like me and feel that you don’t really have a good understanding about how bitcoins work or even what they are then I highly recommend you read this book from cover to cover. The book does a excellent job of touching on all things bitcoin. I thought at first this book maybe just one sided and only put a positive spin on bitcoins, but it does not. The book talks about the good and the bad. It talks about bitcoins history along with how things have changed and how to currently protect your bitcoins.
After reading this book from cover to cover I feel that I have a really good and solid understand of just what bitcoins are and how they work. Well reading the book I opened up a couple Bitcoin Wallet accounts (CoinBase & blockchain) along with ordering a KeepKey hard wallet. Along with my new found knowledge of bitcoins I have had the confidence to purchase my first bitcoins!
This book has cleared up so many misconception I had about bitcoins and I can’t say enough good things about it, highly recommend!
I will now leave you with a quote from the book and something for you to think about...
"No one is saying you need to put your full trust in bitcoin from the start, as there is a lot of information to sift through. But if you are willing to keep an open mind to what bitcoin stands for and the point it is trying to get across, you can make a weighted decision on whether or not to put your trust in digital currencies."