Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on September 16, 2013
This is one of the best Anti Virus anything I have used, HOWEVER, as many have done in the past, this year they slipped a little. I find MANY more "glitches and bugs" Example, for over a week, it would start normally then kick off and struggle ( pulling down the whole machine I might add to a crawl) until it got its update or something in the background. It was obviously a previous update screw up that caused this as now, all it well again! I assume a new update solved the problem. BUT, I am tired of calling these places and being told to uninstall and reinstall! Don't they realize the time that crap takes! not to mention we are paying them for daily updates to keep exactly this from happening! Bottom-line is, for the money its the best out there and when you figure MacAfee is worthless ( I've gotten viruses in past with it running..... Norton takes control of your system to the point you loose 20% minimum in speed ( even tho they say that's been fixed) Karpensky (sp) is always double to triple this cost, and trend Micro ( the leader 3 years ago , has decided not to keep up with the competition and now is questionable at best!
on May 9, 2013
This software didn't work. I got a very nasty virus about 24 hours after I installed the software. (It's a ransomware virus from the Dept. of Justice.) After searching the web for solutions, I contacted Bitdefender's customer support (this was very early last Sunday morning). They acted like they never heard of this virus, even though there are tons of posts in forums on the web (albeit an earlier incarnation of the virus). He tried to tell me it was my fault, because I must have not uninstalled all files of a different antivirus program, which left a "hole." Then he told me it was my fault for relying on Windows firewall - he said I should have bought the Bitdefender firewall program. He did say he understood it was a very serious problem (I couldn't use my computer, or even boot in Safe Mode - this thing loads up very early in the boot sequence.) He said they would get back to me as soon as possible, but no later than 48 hours. That was Sunday AM - it's now Thursday and no response. If I could get a refund from them on this, I would. BTW, I found an answer on one of the forums. I went to the Kaspersky site with a clean computer, and downloaded a boot disk from them. It cleaned the PC.

UPDATE: After letting Amazon know about this problem, they promptly refunded my money, no questions asked. I had already removed the program and replaced it with one from my Internet provider.
on September 5, 2013
For several weeks after installing Bitdefender on my new Lenovo U310 Touch running Windows 8, my PC stopped being blazing fast on bootup and normal use. Contacts with Bitdefender Tech Support were promptly answered and all instructions given were followed; however, the situation did not improve. They even provided the 2014 version to me at no charge to see if it helped...no change. At a few points of high frustration, I had every intention to use Windows Uninstall to remove it but when attempting to uninstall, Bitdefender offers the option to repair so I tried that on at least three occasions but again no real improvement.

Crashes and software lockups occurred fairly often...by this I mean Bitdefender quit working and an error message was displayed on the screen...Windows 8 did NOT crash or stop working at anytime. Other odd things started happening as well. As I manage many websites using a browser-based server/website management system known as "cPanel", I lost access to my cPanel accounts due to an error message saying that the site (my cPanel account) used an unknown (or words to that effect) form of compression. This problem was experienced in three different browsers (IE, Firefox, & Chrome). I had never seen that problem before using Bitdefender. I contacted my hosting account's tech support and provided screenshots & a video clip. They replied that it was a problem with my browsers...not on their side. I double-checked their answer and they were correct. I could access the cPanel account on an older PC which did NOT use Bitdefender. Hmm...

Last night was the proverbial "straw" that broke the camel's back. My PC continued to be incredibly slow...as to appear non-responsive. So I uninstalled Bitdefender and rebooted. Poof...my PC was blazing fast again! As I still needed an antivirus/malware software suite, I chose Trend Micro Titanium. 12+ hours later my PC is still blazing fast and bootup is near instantaneous as it is supposed to be with an SSD drive-based Windows 8 machine.

I can assure you that I wanted Bitdefender to succeed as I paid good money for it but despite more than a small effort to make it work, my efforts were in vain. I can honestly say that I have never made so many tweaks and adjustments to a software package's settings/configuration in hopes of finding that magic combination that would work for my PC.

I would recommend that if you choose this software, download & install their free trial (from their website) and see how it behaves for you prior to purchase. Be aware that the user interface is more than a bit confusing to even a very experienced PC user like myself, so make sure you're happy with the whole package before you buy.
on December 8, 2013
Bitdefender worked well for the first 3 months or so. Then my dell xps-12 (it has 8 GB of ram, an ivy bridge proc, and an 128 GB SSD) began taking longer to boot, especially during warm boot. The 3-5 seconds grew to 15-60 seconds. By the end of 6 months my laptop would often take >3 minutes to boot. At the time I did not know this was the culprit and dell replaced the SSD. After loading only bitdefender and comodo firewall (most current installers) on the fresh win8 install I knew it was one of the two of these programs because the reboot took me right back to >3 minute (often 15-30 minute) boot times. I managed to get into safe mode and I could not uninstall comodo, but I could uninstall bitdefender. My boot time immediately went back to 3-5 seconds. I have since moved to G Data AV and have not had any such issues with it.
on April 1, 2013
Takes a lot of resources and slows down web browsing.
Will not renew subscription.

Will be un-installing and will look for another anti virus solution.
on May 6, 2014
Imagine my surprise when a piece of software that was supposed to eliminate pop-up advertisements on your computer actually started functioning as malware! There were dozens of times when on bootup Bitdefender pushed through ads onto my desktop. When I complained on their web forum about the issue, I received an email telling me that my account would no longer receive the ads. But lo and behold, they continued! I let me subscription expire, and am now using Eset nod32 antivirus. It is *so* much better.
on January 8, 2015
Love it. Love the separate black screen SafePay.........wherein you enter your banks etc. Seems a different engine outside of explorer or aol etc. It gives a digital keyboard when its time for you to enter a password, but it seems that it may scramble too much, because I get errors and have to enter passwords on my regular keyboard. Still seems safer than other engines.
on June 23, 2013
The product seems to be doing a good job protecting my laptop from viruses. The problem is that my device is old and now runs so slow I hate to even get on the computer. After each use I must completely shut down the computer in order to use it again the next time. Otherwise it does not load and freezes up and must be shut down by powering off and hard stopping it. I would only recommend this product if you have a newer computer that can handle this software.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2013
I got it during a sale, so it was extremely cheap.

Bitdefender is a pretty great antivirus security application, but on one of my 3 computers, after awhile, it started to lag. But I think overall it was a great product.

The Autopilot mode is my favorite feature since it really removes the need for me to manually fix everything on the application.
Hopefully you'll like it too.
on September 3, 2013
The program works fine. The problem I had was with the installation and support.
When installing the SW noted me that the password I received is already in use.
I described the issue to on-line support.
Did't receive till now any notification if the issue was taken care/solved or whatever.
Since I want to use it on additional computers (license is for 3) - I don't know if I can put it on them or not.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question