Bits and Pieces - "Woody And Friends" American Woodland Creatures Nesting Dolls - Hand Painted Wooden Nesting Dolls Matryoshka Animal Figurines - Set of 5 Dolls From 5.5" Tall
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- These wooden dolls, designed to look like forest animals, each decrease in size and fit inside one another.
- There are five dolls in this set including a moose with soft felt horns, a doe, a raccoon, a porcupine and a chipmunk.
- Makes a great gift for animal lovers and fans of arts and crafts.
- The tallest of these nested dolls, the moose, measures 6" with antlers.
- Did you know? The first ever set of Russian nesting dolls was carved by a craft artist in 1890.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Created in the tradition of Matryoshka folk art dolls from Russia, which originated at the end of the nineteenth century, our doll designs feature contemporary themes such as animal and pet groupings, sea life, painted ladies, and more.
Nesting dolls are made of wood, which is seasoned and dried. The wood is then turned in a lathe. Turning the doll shapes on a lathe and sizing them to fit into each other takes skill and years of woodworking experience. No precise measurements are made during the manufacture of a set of dolls. The woodworker has the intuition to know the specific sizes required.
The doll shapes then proceed to the painting area. Detailed decals are applied to some of the dolls when it is impossible to achieve intricate details by hand painting. Each doll in a set is then painted by hand with non-toxic acrylic paints. Finally a lacquer finish is applied to preserve and protect the dolls. Each nesting doll is unique because they are intricately hand painted as opposed to being mass-produced by machines.