Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on August 30, 2012
They spend too much of the book showing you how to use the deprecated adapters and not enough showing you the replacement WCF adapters and even with that they leave out important steps. It makes me wonder if they knew they were deprecated at the time of writing. I believe there was another reviewer that pointed out the same issue. Check out the "Free" Microsoft BizTalk training videos at
[...]
This series of videos are actually pretty good and will get you much further than this book.
on February 3, 2013
This is the second of Mark's books I have read, the first being "BizTalk 2010 EDI for Health Care". Both books have been incredibly helpful to me. I have used numerous other resources to learn BizTalk, but these have been the most helpful. The writing style and content (real-world problems/solutions) just work for me. There are a number of "recipes" that I have used in my own solutions.

I'm looking forward to the next book!
on June 4, 2012
The only significant change from the earlier edition is the year in the title (from 2006 to 2010). The author has not bothered in adding new recipes. Some of the features, such as the SOAP adapter are unsupported or deprecated in BizTalk 2010.

The format is good but there has been no or very few new recipes.

And there are hundreds of new recipes the author could have come up with.
on November 30, 2013
I am struggling to make progress in BizTalk. Maybe there is a BizTalk for Dummies out there that would serve my needs better.
on May 9, 2013
If you are developing BizTalk solutions this is a book you must have in your library. Gives many examples of code you can use straight from the book.
on December 15, 2013
I'm sure this book is good but I hardly used it. It will be a reference if I need to do data transfer again.
on May 23, 2011
This book is very disappointing. It forces a lot of task steps into the "Problem - Solution - How It Works" format, and there are hardly any true recipes for real-world problems. The poor quality of the printing, poorly laid out text, and blurry images make it hard to use as a reference. This book isn't much more useful than Microsoft's convoluted on-line documentation.