Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 11-19 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on December 7, 2015
Really fun, lots of laughs. Was a gift, and the recipient couldn't put it down.
on August 17, 2009
A funny book, but it was kind of a mishmash and wasn't as comprehensive as I expected it to be. I got it with my Amazon points, but if I had paid 14.95 for such a slim book I would have felt cheated. I enjoyed it, though, and agree with what others have said; I'd like to have seen more excerpts (especially some of the jokes cracked by Lord Aberdeen, he looks like such a fun guy).
on January 4, 2016
Funny! The whole family laughed for hours.
on July 2, 2008
As a professional librarian, I collected funny names of authors and books for 35 years, mainly for the amusement of my colleagues and myself. But reading Ash's and Lake's Bizarre Books (and Larry Ashmead's Bertha Venation) inspired me to publish my collection. The result is The Inscribed List, or Why Librarians Are Crazy: Hilarious Real Names of Real People from Library Catalogs. I am happy to say that Ash and Lake like my work as much as I like theirs.

Ash and Lake remain the undisputed champions of digging up literary howlers. Like trained pigs with noses for exquisite truffles, they find and publish the wildest names and titles.
on January 23, 2014
This is a very interesting book. It's like a book of books I would like to read lol. I definatly recommend it.
on August 9, 2014
Very interesting book! Arrived as scheduled.
on March 19, 2008
I really like this meta book - I just wish there were more excerpts from the featured books. After a while, reading the massive lists of book titles was like going to a restaurant and only reading the menu - eventually, you want something to eat!
on January 18, 2008
As listings go, this has to be one of the most entertaining that you'll come across on any subject.
on May 29, 2013
This one is on a stack of books to resell on Ebay soon. Big disappointment. Not what I expected from this title.