Bjork - Volumen
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- "Volumen" collects every video from Bjork's career, and showcases the work of famed video director's Spike Jonze, Sophie Muller and Michael Gondry
- Songs: Human Behaviour, Venus as a Boy, Play Dead, Big Time Sensuality, Violently Happy, Army of Me, Isabel, It's Oh So Quiet, Hyperballad, Possibly Maybe, I Miss You, Joga, Bachelorette, Hunter
Top Customer Reviews
She ropes in the most amazing names in directing to create videos that are out of this world, and not without controversy either. Some of her videos have been banned in the US because of the nudity content. However this just adds to the weirdness of Bjork.
From "Debut" there is "Human Bahaviour", "Venus As A Boy", "Play Dead", "Big Time Sensuality" and "Violently Happy".
From "Post" comes "Army Of Me", "Isobel", "It's Oh So Quiet", "Hyper-ballad", "Possibly Maybe" and "I Miss You".
From Homogenic surfaces "Joga", "Bachelorette", "Hunter", "Alarm Call", "All Is Full Of Love".
From "Vespertine" are the controversial "Hidden Place", "Pagan Poetry", "Cocoon".
There are also two new videos, "It's In Our Hands" and "Nature Is Ancient".
An added bonus about this collection is the fact that all the videos are in chronological order which makes it that more special and a great synopsis of her career.
The one thing that disappoints me though is the fact that she includes no videos from "Selmasongs" and no bonus features however the fact that this dvd is so thorough those factors really don't detract at all.
Overall, "Volumen" is a great way to get into Bjork's music but most of all her videos which are simply my favourite videos that have ever been made. This dvd is worth every penny.
The first video in this collection is the stunning "Human Behaviour." This was Bjork's first video as a solo artist from 1993, and it sure makes an impact. The song is a look at humans from an animal's point of view. Bjork is singing the lyrics, which already suggests she is an animal - apart from the crowd and very much her own creation. Directed by Michael Gondry, we see Bjork in the woods with a giant teddy bear searching for food. The bear is also being hunted by a hunter in the woods. The bear chases after Bjork as well, but she outwits him. The woods are used as a metaphor for the human psyche; Bjork as the animal is lost in the woods, which represent the complex and dark characters of a human being. In the video to "Venus As A Boy," Bjork carefully fondles an egg while explicitly singing about copulation.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Correct disc came in working order but in the wrong case (Volumen Plus case) with the wrong tracklisting. Was meant as a gift.Published 1 month ago by HellsSatans
Yes, she's strange. Some may say goofy. I think she's quite the artist, with a gift for portraying and manipulating a full range of emotions with her words, music, and videos. Read morePublished on July 2, 2014 by SingeSavante
I have this, having recently been sent one new and sealed from a friend who found it in a store in Germany. Yes, it's great of course. Read morePublished on February 16, 2014 by Joseph W. Szilagy
Look for Similar Items by Category
- CDs & Vinyl > Alternative Rock
- CDs & Vinyl > Dance & Electronic > Electronica
- CDs & Vinyl > Dance & Electronic > Trip-Hop
- CDs & Vinyl > Pop > Dance Pop
- CDs & Vinyl > Pop > Vocal Pop
- CDs & Vinyl > Rock
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Arts & Entertainment
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Music Videos & Concerts
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Performing Arts
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Special Interests
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Ballet & Dance
- Movies & TV > TV