- File Size: 1480 KB
- Print Length: 134 pages
- Publisher: Wildside Press (March 9, 2012)
- Publication Date: March 9, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007JIINS2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #925,651 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$1.99|
|Print List Price:||$9.95|
Save $8.46 (85%)
Black Amazon of Mars and Other Tales from the Pulps Kindle Edition
|Length: 134 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $2.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
This seems to be a continuation of a series the author wrote, since there references to Mr. Stark being on Mercury under another name as a child. In this story he is in the North of Mars, with a dying companion. The companion gives Mr. Stark a talisman the companion stole years ago from his home town, and has Mr. Stark swear to take it back, which Mr. Stark does so swear.
On the trip to that home town, Mr. Stark is captured by a loose collection of tribal warriors,who happen to be headed to that same town. Mr. Stark refuses to cooperate with them, so he is tortured to within an inch of his life. But when he is let loose, he comes up swinging, fights his way to the mounts and escapes to worn the home town. He is the awesome epitome of manhood!
The talisman is precious because, magically, it holds the memories of a king from a million years ago and the battles he fought against the hordes that live past the 'Gates of Death,' transmitted telepathically. And so it goes...
In the end they conquer the enemies, though I wondered about why they do not cooperate, but, hey, I am a peaceful type guy.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera