Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on July 18, 2011
Okay, so I had never ever seen Black Butler until I attended AMA a few weeks ago. There I met a woman dressed as Madam Red and attended the midnight showing of it. I was intrigued by the show (I only got to see one episode) so after I returned home I had to buy it. I bought both parts and watched them immediately after their arrival. After I started watching I found myself unable to stop. I literally stayed up until 3 in the morning watching this show!! Then my best friend borrowed it and now we are incredibly obsessed with it! This is defiantly my favorite anime of ALL TIME! My favorite episode has to be the extra one where they put on Hamlet. "Hamlet, I want to wrap you in the bacon of my arms. Ham, Ham, Ham, I want to be your Eggs! Ham!" - Viscount Druitt :D :D
on September 7, 2017
Arrived on time and happy its part of my collection to watch!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I highly recommend Black Butler season one and two. You well not be disappointed with the item. Great story-line, great vioce actors, awesome animations and artwork. I can't wait for season two, I already started reading it on wikipedia, it's sounds awesome:) For all the anime lovers out there, this is a item you must have^^
on May 4, 2015
KUROSHITSUJI (BLACK BUTLER), is a must have item.
This is SEASON 1, part 2 of 2, DVD boxset.
If you don't already have it, and you already got the other stuff, then you'll want this.
The reagon coding is fine so you can play it without difficulty in Amarica
on August 15, 2015
It didn't come in the manufacturer's case and the discs were blank as in no writing on them so I was lerry as it might have been bootlegged. But it could also be an old rental.
on August 20, 2013
Let me start by saying this: I am a total Black Butler fan, but have only recently become one. I love the manga and read it before watching the anime, and well... I was shocked at how different the two were.

The anime is very well put-together, without unnecessary flashbacks or fillers, and the music and voice-acting all very much add to the increasingly dark tone in this second part of Season 1 (episodes 13-24.)

But one thing you MUST be aware of if you haven't seen this before is that the ending is NOTHING LIKE anything that has happened in the manga up to now (Book 14 is the most recently released at the time of this review.) It diverges completely from the manga's plot, adding characters - and character deaths - that were not included in the books. It was a bit of an adjustment for me at first, but I learned to love them both separately, and so it hasn't affected my opinion of the anime at all.

J. Michael Tatum and Brina Palencia once again give great performances as Sebastian and Ciel, as do the rest of the cast. The accents of some of the characters, especially the more minor characters, are pretty rough at times, but this doesn't detract from the enjoyment in my opinion.

The DVD's packaging is pretty nice, too, with gorgeous art on the front as well as on the two thin cases contained in the cardboard cover. It is fairly sturdy, as well, and doesn't feel like it will just fall apart like some TV seasons' collection packaging does.

Overall, this is a very nice collection of a very entertaining anime. If you're a fan of Black Butler, pick yourself up a copy today!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I am rating it neutral, I bought it as a gift, so I can say one way or another about it
on December 7, 2013
I wasn't a fan of the ending, but I liked most of it. The characters aren't very dynamic and some of them are more annoying than anything. There are some funny points and some sad, but for the most part it was just something that was good to watch every now and again.
on August 9, 2013
I fell in love with this anime because of the characters, story, and the animation all together and I gave been in love with it and I would recommend this to any fan of black butler and overall great buy!
on March 7, 2015