Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by NERD Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 8, 2015
Picked up this book at a duty free to read on the plane. Wasn't one where you "couldn't put it down", but overall it was a good read. Usages of the protagonists and what certain children go through emotionally growing up and how they find each other as support. Good read.
As usual, John Saul caught my attention in the prologue. I couldn't put the book down from then on. This one was heavy on the "attract teenager readers" approach(Twilight style). BUT, the ending was disappointing. Almost like he had a deadline to meet and had to finish it fast. After a good story and build up....blah. Also. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of the drunk dad carpenter line. Seems to be a recurring role. I enjoyed it for the day I read it, but was left with a "Is that all there is" mind set. Glad, again, that I bought a used copy.
on October 1, 2017
Fabulous read. Shocking end to a very intriguing story.
on May 26, 2013
I LOVE John Saul's work! He keeps you in suspense right up until the last page. All of his books have just the right balance to make them scary but almost believable.
on July 13, 2013
Such a great story! Loved Mr. Saul's style of writing.....cannot wait to read another of his books! I didn't want the book to be finished...
on December 31, 2012
I wasnt a reader until I picked up a john saul book, this wasnt my first time reading his books, once i picked this book up, I couldnt put it down
on October 14, 2012
Probably THE best work of fiction ever made. Absolutely loved it. It's one of those rare books that you will want to hold onto and read again and again.
on January 16, 2013
I really enjoyed this book. I could not put it down. It grabbed me from the beginning. Kudos to John Saul .
on June 17, 2016
This book I've read 4-5 times since it came out. It keeps my interest and is hard to stop reading, really wish there was a second book.
on February 17, 2017
I LOVE JOHN SAUL'S BOOKS! IT'S A REALL DISAPPOINTMENT THAT HE HAS STOPPED WRITING FICTION ON KIDS.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.