Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Ritter Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 429 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 476 reviews
on March 20, 2013
I use 2 cups of rice and 4 cups of water and that is the max it will cook . I think it is misleading to call it a 14 cup rice cooker, I have no idea why they call it a 14 cup cooker. If you cook even one grain of rice more it bubbles over and makes a mess to clean up.
22 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2013
When i purchased this rice cooker I gave it good ratings, however, just after 4 months, it has stopped working. the lights don't turn on and it dosen't heat. tried calling customer care but no one picks up calls. I cant return it also, as it is 4 months old. the warranty is a sham. avoid this and go for a better brand even if it costs you more.
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2015
It arrived perfect. We did not have to use this for 2 weeks. It stopped working after 1st minute it started. Then I noticed the name of the brand "Black & Decker" which is not according to the real one, as I used this before. It seems that the seller sent me a FAKE rice cooker but took more price then it should be. If anyone buy this, then please check this after it arrives. I would like to return this item. But who will going to pay for the harassment. I have attached the picture of the trademark. Please be sure before buying this item..
review image
on July 30, 2016
I have had this rice cooker for three years now but used it to steam using the steamer insert for the first time today. I originally purchased this cooker to use with a PID controller for sous vide, which works perfectly. I have used it for rice and thought it was okay but my Zojirushi is better. Today I used it to steam frozen tomales...perfect! I didn't have to thaw them. I put water in the bowl, left the tomales in the husk and clicked "Cook". In about 35 minutes the tomales were ready.
on June 7, 2014
This rice cooker was just the right size and price for me. It has a simple two-position cook/keep warm front panel switch, an inner light aluminum pot, a glass cover, a steam basket, and a 1-cup measuring cup. It's great for cooking plain white rice, and getting it just right and fluffy.

This is not suitable for cooking packaged rice mixes such as Knorr's rice sides, which are best cooked in a regular pot, following the packet directions. Also, I found that brown rice, which takes more water to cook, does not do well in this rice cooker (water boiled over!). However, regular white rice which requires a 2:1 by volume mix of water to rice does very well.

Remember, you turn off the cooker by unplugging it. After the rice is cooked it automatically switched to the "warmer" setting, but does not switch itself off. Empty the inner bowl soon after it goes to warm, or it continues to cook and absorb water, and may become dry and sticky.
on June 27, 2014
I decided to give this very inexpensive rice cooker a shot. One thing that I noticed was that there was this snapping sound while the rice was being cooked. It sounded like the metal was expanding. I never had this happen before, but it didn't seem to affect performance.

We babied this rice cooker, making sure no utensils touched the non-stick coating other than the provided plastic spoon. After using the rice cooker for about 6 months (using it approximately once a week), we're starting to see chips in the non-stick coating.

The rice cooker cooked rice well. We never had any issues with burning the rice on the bottom. However, it's hard to give a higher star rating because I believe the non-stick coating should have lasted much longer than 6 months. That was quite disappointing.
on June 15, 2015
I like this because it is simple. I had an oversized one which took up way too much space and had a silly hinged lid which quickly broke. It also had a weird steam vent which constantly clogged and was a pain to clean. This lid is very simple, like a pan lid with one little hole for a vent. EZ-PZ. Don't pay any attention to the cup size that they say it holds. Their included cup is not a full cup. However, that's just fine because it still makes plenty of rice for most people's needs. It has a keep warm function, too, but I think the rice is better if you unplug the rice after it's cooked rather than warm it.
on July 18, 2015
I love this rice cooker! I was so nervous to purchase it due to some of the previous reviews. I am glad I went ahead and purchased because it works wonders. I have used this about 7 times with a variety of foods from rice to baked beans, spaghetti and meatballs and even scrambled eggs. I have not had any problems with it and it actually cooks a lot at one time. It usually cooks enough for 4 adults and have leftovers. The steam tray is perfect for steaming veggies or even chicken breast. I also love that it is a non stick pan so clean up is a breeze. I will be purchasing another one very soon.
on July 7, 2015
I purchased this rice cooker and used it twice before it stopped working completely. Will no longer turn on. It never moved off of its spot on the counter and was unplugged when not in use. To it's credit, it worked pretty well for a $20 rice cooker when it was functional. Unfortunately without the box I am unable to return this. Spend some extra money and save yourself the hassle of getting stuck with a broken rice cooker.
on November 16, 2015
I was very happy to receive this product and try cooking my first batch of rice. The directions did not give enough information about ratio of water to rice.So, the two times I tried, the rice was not completely cooked or cooked to much.

I was going to return the above product, but I read a review below that suggested 2-1 ratio. I will try that today. Then, if my Japanese rice is not cooked correctly, I will contact the seller and Black and Decker, return it and buy a different brand, like Cuisinart.