Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Black & Decker BR400 3-Inch by 21-Inch Belt Sander
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on February 19, 2002
This is not a high quality tool, but for someone like me that only uses a belt sander to fix a mistake, it is just fine. I would love to have a bosch, makita or dewalt and those are the sanders I would reccommend for heavy duty use, but I only use mine to strip old or mistake finishes and this tool seems to work just fine.
on October 20, 2013
Worked fine for a while but then the dust would not fill into the bag. I took the whole thing apart and could see nothing that might prevent this - no blockage - nothing, so the dust goes everywhere when I use it.
on April 23, 2011
This was a good tool for what I used it for until the main drive belt broke (a $3.48 part). All websites show it is discontinued and not other substitutions are available. Basically it is a paperweight now and I will have to buy a new sander. I can understand discontinuing some parts, but parts like the drive belt which WILL break in time, shouldn't be unavailable. Two stars just because it did last a year with intermittent use.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2012
Its a good sander and also for everyone complaining about replacement parts , they are available at Sears and cheap parts like the drive belt are in stock for about 5 bucks....here is a link, [...] not a big bad sander but a good little sander
on September 14, 2003
Rivals any of the more expensive model sanders.
on January 18, 2004
The miniute i turned this thing on it went flying, no doubt i had my 100 ft. extention cord hooked up to it and it took of like my new truck WITH A HEMI V8 BABY!!! I chased that ting until it ran over my neighboors annoying chihuaha. i didnt have to put up with the annoying barking for months. id give it 10 stars!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2012
I purchased one of these a couple years ago. When a part broke, I was shocked to learn that this sander is obsolete and no parts are available. Be careful what you buy!
on August 9, 2012
I love my belt sander but need a dust bag will buy the dust bag from anyone who has one for sale. I cannot seem to locate one online. Thanks