Black & Decker Pivot Vac 18V Cordless Pivoting Hand Vac, PHV1810
|Price:||$50.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cordless handheld vacuum cleaner that's Smaller, quieter and easier to clean than original model
- 18 volts of power and high performance motor with cyclonic action
- On-board brush and extendable crevice tool--no loose accessories
- Removable, washable dirt bowl and filters; LED charging indicator light
- Innovative design folds in half for storage; 2-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
What's in the box:
- 18V Hand Vacuum
- On-board brush
- On-board crevice tool
- Washable filter
Black + Decker Pivot Vac 18V Cordless Pivoting Hand Vac
- Innovative, patented nozzle pivots to clean up high, down low and even in tight spaces.
- Its high performance motor provides superior suction capability when compared to other Black + Decker cordless hand vacs.
- 3-stage filtration system with a pleated filter design offers the highest level of filtration to help prevent clogs and improve air exhaust.
- The cyclonic action spins dust and debris away from the filter keeping suction power strong.
On-board brush tool
Easily and gently clean upholstery with the on-board brush tool.
This versatile function allows you to adjust the nozzle to vacuum at any angle.
On-board Crevice Tool
Clean hard to reach spots with the on-board crevice tool.
Since 1910, BLACK+DECKER has been setting the standard for innovation and design of power tools, outdoor yard care equipment, and home products. The inventor of the first portable electric drill with pistol grip and trigger switch, BLACK+DECKER has evolved from a small machine shop in Baltimore, Maryland to a global manufacturing powerhouse with a broad line of quality products used in and around the home. When home owners have work to get done, they trust that BLACK+DECKER’s products will do the job efficiently and reliably.
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Black & Decker Pivot Vac 18V Cordless Pivoting Hand Vac, PHV1810
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Warranty Description||2-Year||2 year limited warranty||2 year limited warranty||3 Year Limited Warranty|
|Dimensions||7 inches x 11.12 inches x 6 inches||6.75 inches x 18 inches x 6.88 inches||7.75 inches x 17.25 inches x 5.5 inches||8.13 inches x 14.5 inches x 5.56 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
As I'm comparing the two units side-by-side, the new vacuum is a little smaller than the previous model and the dirt bin is bigger (it should hold more dirt). Since the battery on the old model is pretty much dead, I cannot give you an accurate power suction comparison between the two, but this one seems as powerful as when the previous model was new.
The nozzle has a wide range of motions, it pivots to use at many angles and has a cleaning brush built into it (you just need to flip it upwards) so you'll never lose it again. Dirt spins away from the filter so suction power stays strong. Cleaning the unit is very effective, you just click the side door open and unlike the older model, this one allows you to remove the canister and filter entirely and rinse them. The manual comes with instructions for removing and disposing of the nickel-cadmium battery, but nowhere does it say that replacements are available. One thing I liked on the previous model was when you needed to charge or use the unit; you simply put it in or remove it from a cradle; with this new model, you'll have to plug and unplug the power supply on the back of the unit anytime you need to use it.
If you want a powerful and portable vacuum, look no further.
The newer model is a disappointment for several reasons--
1. Cleaning the filter is much more complicated. One must remove the entire chute and canister in order to get at the filter.
2. As mentioned in another review, the chute is susceptible to having contents of the canister fall out once the vacuum is turned off. If one empties the canister after each use, this isn't too much of an issue. Ordinarily, after cleaning up a few crumbs or a bit of sand, we would not go to the trouble. This thing is for convenience, after all.
3. No way was provided to hang up the vac when not in use. Although the charging tray for the 1800 was cumbersome, it was better than having to put the device on the floor or a shelf for charging. We finally tied a loop of nylon cord around the handle in order to hang it on a hook in the closet.
4. But the final, fatal flaw: After the first charge, the battery could never be fully recharged. The device ran down within 20-30 seconds, even after an overnight charge. Our other one, after a couple of years use, still has full power for 2-3 minutes. So the one we were sent had a bad battery.
At first we found that the 1810 had good suction and from that standpoint performed in an equivalent manner to its predecessor. We developed workarounds for the spillage, storage, and cleaning issues. But when it finally was evident that we had a faulty battery, that was the last straw. We returned the device to Amazon for a refund.Read more ›
BATTERY LIFE IS VERY SHORT, EVEN FOR A CORDLESS VAC
I was skeptical of reviews talking about how poor the battery life is, because often I see reviewers who are new to owning a dust buster who have unrealistic expectations. In this case, I should have listened to the warnings. This product's battery life, fresh out of the box, is restrictively short. We have a much older B&D dust buster with many more recycle times on the battery that still greatly outperforms this one. It's so short, that when it's fully recharged only after a few recharge cycles, we can JUST barely get up the daily cereal mess our kids leave on hard wood floors just under the dining room table. I'm not talking about bowls and bowls dumped cereal throughout a house, I'm talking about little dry pieces that have fallen off of the table.
DESIGN FLAW LEAVES MORE MESS THAN WHEN YOU STARTED
That's right, the jokes on us! I read these warnings and again disregarded them. When you unfold the front nozzle to go and use the vac, instantly, the entire contents of the previous vacuuming job dumps out onto the floor or counter depending on where you store it. I wrote this up to user error and neglect in the reviews, but it happens every time we use it and when our kids use it. You spend the first half of it's valuable battery life cleaning up the mess the VAC just created!
Overall, I am shocked at the discrepancy between the amazon user reviews and this product. User reviews with so many people contributing tend to be very accurate. For whatever reason, the reviews have failed us and this product is less than useless in our household.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I wish I purchased the upgraded version of this. It is not worth the savings compared to the reviews the upgraded model receives. Read morePublished 16 hours ago by MaryMcG
I bought this vac in Aug of 2014 - it's a great machine. I've had no problems and use it daily.Published 2 days ago by yogi snale
This is a wonderful tool. Compact (it folds up for storage) with good suction.Published 3 days ago by Thomas Artin
This is my second in three years...not heavily used and battery died way too early for amount of use. Got schooled on proper battery re-charging and did not matter. Read morePublished 4 days ago by William J. Swords
Best vac on the market! We have 4. My dad saw me use mine and had to get one. It is a permanent fixture on the floor in the living room and he brags about it all the time... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Diane
Great little vacuum! I use it EVERYWHERE! On my drapes, furniture, pet food spills, stairs, kitchen corners, car seats, on the boat. It is an awesome little investment!Published 5 days ago by Ree S.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets