Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 23, 2013
Bought this drill because of name brand. used it a bunch. But as others said, the keyless chuck is on the weak side. It has good power. I am hard on my power equipment. So me overstressing the chuck and damaging it,is not Black and Decker's fault. But here is the real kicker. The chuck for the DR202 Type 1 and Type 2 (mine) is obsolete. WHAT? I bought it from Walmart within the last few years. I have stuff much older from Harbor Freight and have gotten replacement parts. From Black and Decker, that's unacceptable. Needless to say my last few purchases weren't Black and Decker.
on August 6, 2011
I got this as a replacement for my husbands grandfathers drill. It finally died on him. He has only used it once or twice, but it works very well.
on June 8, 2011
Have used this drill for a number of years and had no real problems. Sometimes if you don't tighten the chuck down right it slips but that is operator error only. Drill has plenty of power and has been my go to drill to make everything from shelf's to a play house in my back yard for my kids. You can buy a more expensive drill that might work better but for the cost this drill is a great find. You will not be disappointed.
on November 19, 2009
Chuck slips routinely. Finally, chuck locked bit difficult remove, now chuck will not work. Now, otherwise useful drill is worthless.
on July 17, 2009
I agree completely with the review posted by Andy F. "JAF". The keyless chuck cannot grip tight enough. I even tried tightening it with slipjoint pliers - the rubber covering just slips. The poor quality switch also failed on me. I was able to fix it by cleaning it, and now it works fine. The drill runs smooth for an inexpensive model. My biggest complanint is the weak grip chuck. I will attempt to replace it with a keyed chuck or replace the drill entirely.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 25, 2008
Black & Decker is a top/popular brand name. This drill, the DR202 is powerful and durable. It also features a KEYLESS CHUCK.

This is the only feature I have an issue with. Not having to deal with potentially losing a chuck-key or simply having to use a chuck-key to get drill bits in and out might be okay. But you do have to compromise on the chuck losing it's grip on round drill bits. You just can't get the same tightness as you can using a chuck-key. It might be quick for changing different sized bits, but you might find you'll be losing your temper after so many holes you've drilled and the bit slips and doesn't drill any more while the drill itself is still turning. Worse yet is if the drill bit comes out of the chuck and is stuck inside whatever you were drilling! If the chuck should get stuck (gets too tight) - you might want to have a set of adjustable pliers on hand since, again, there is no chuck key. Another problem I've had, although frequent, is the trigger mechanism sticking after it's released. Be careful!

Other than that it's a good drill. I hate giving it a 2 star ranking and would've gave it a 5. But I have to be honest. Also, I think I'll be modifying some of my drill bits so they won't be prone to slipping when using this.

So, if you should get this drill - KNOW that when you're getting the convenience of quick changeability of bits - you are sacrificing the grip it might have on some of your smaller/rounded bits.
One person found this helpful
on August 10, 2005
The switch to change the direction of the drill is flaky to say the least. It barely works. I intend to replace this drill soon.
7 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question