Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,290 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,544 reviews
on November 19, 2009
This is my second little chopper from Black and Decker. The first one chopped away for years doing everything from coffee beans to onions to nuts without a murmur of complaint. It was only after donkey years that I noticed one day that poor thing had become a merry-go-round for food, and concluded that no matter how much the food was enjoying the ride, its time had come, to go. Even so I kept it in the top closet of the kitchen for awhile just out of respect. I got a large clunky "Food Processor" that required moving things to get to and a jet engine mechanic to clean. It stayed in the cupboards between major holidays.
Then I saw this one again and said, "I have Amazon Prime and I'm getting this!" (any excuse in a storm.) It arrived, I started chopping and guess what? It is every bit as good and maybe better than the one I retired!
I love this machine. It can be top shelf dishwasher cleaned-but I don't wash stuff like this in the dishwasher-especially blades-your bladed things will last much longer if done by hand, dried immediately and put away.
I don't have any cons for this chopper-it is one of those things that does not need to be changed. The size is right, the blades are sharp the power is perfect and it really does the job. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
1515 comments| 439 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2016
I bought this mini chopper to replace one that was about ten or more years old. I thought my old chopper was great but this one was so much better. I guess I got used to my old one and didn't realize that I could get a better one. The lid is easy to put on. With a couple of presses of the button onions are just how I like them. One recommendation for using it is to pulse it rather than holding down the button. That way you can get you food just how you like it without it being over chopped. The great thing is that, if you want your food chopped finely, like for baby food, it does a superb job. Another thing I use it for is chopping nuts very finely, almost to a paste. I started doing this for recipes like carrot cake because my mother in law said that bigger chunks of nuts get under her false teeth. I used this chopper to get the nuts very tiny and paste-like for carrot cake. That way you get the favor of nuts in the cake without all the big chunks of nuts that might bother folks with dental partials or that just don't like the texture of nuts in a cake.
on July 10, 2016
I use this only to process canned food for a stray cat I feed that has bad teeth and cannot chew. I know, if my husband ever left me I'd be THAT cat lady. Back to the product: it works. It processes food very well. Cons: in order for it to work you have to keep pressing the button (if you let go of it it will stop) which is annoying, also if your hands are even a little bit wet you'll have one heck of a time trying to get the vessel out of the base...at first the whole asembly and dissasembly is VERY cumbersome but with use it gets a bit easier. I would not buy this for regular kitchen use (as in for people food)...but if you use it very little it is good enough.

EDIT A FEW MONTHS LATER: originally I had given this four stars but, after using it for a few months, I decided to update it and give it five. After the pieces were used more they became easier to lock into and out of place...also, this little machine does a fine job at mushing the heck out of anything you put into it!

EDIT less than four months after purchase: The one bit on the lid that makes the machine work broke off and now I am left with a useless item. Amazon directed me to Black and Decker directly because I am within their one year product warranty...however, contacting them is nearly impossible unless you tweet or want to FBook them. I'd like a simple phone call or even an email. I am not opening a tweeter account to contact them! So here I am having to buy something else. Something better. Something NOT Black and Decker.
on October 11, 2015
I was not expecting more with the product because of the price..but the product quality is so cheap not at all worth what you paid for.. The jar broken after few usage..
on August 1, 2016
I use this to make "chop" (a fresh vegetable mix for my macaw) and works perfectly. I am able to control the texture buy using short pulses. It does a great job with everything from carrots to nuts. Easy to clean and appears sturdy. A great value...
VINE VOICEon January 4, 2014
I recently became vegan, eating a whole food, plant-based diet. This means more cooking and no packaged meals. I've never had a food processor before but with eating more veggies, I don't want to be chopping them up all the time. I wasn't sure how often I would use a processor and I also didn't need another appliance taking up counter space I don't have. Since I am only cooking for one or two people, this is perfectly sized. I use it a lot and it takes up almost no room sitting on top of my toaster oven when not in use.
I do have to cut up vegetables into chunk sizes before putting them in but that is pretty easy. If you are putting in kale or other leafy veggies, it works best to have heavier veggies on top.
I use this almost every day, it is durable and easy to clean. It also doesn't start unless it is locked in with the top securely attached.
Update 10/2014- the motor has burned out and I have had to toss it. I did get some good use but I guess at such a smaller size it was not meant to last several years.
on October 6, 2012
I love this little processor. I have a feeling I'm going to burn this thing out, but for now, it's working great. I've only had it a short time but I've already used it for:

bean dip
1c cooked or 1 can of beans of your choice (1/2 can at a time, add it all together in the end to process a final time), salt/pepper to taste, lemon, a little water, a little oil, buzz to desired consistency

mini pizza dough
1c flour, 1/4 - 1/2c +/- water, 1/4 packet yeast, dash of salt, buzz just until it comes together, let it rest, then shape into a mini dough, add your pizza fixins as desired, bake 350 until desired doneness

fresh tomato sauce
chopped onions, cut up tomato (I used 2 tomatoes, in 2 batches), oregano, pepper, buzz until almost smooth, and either nuke for 4-5 min (add a little wine at the end) or cook on the stove for about 15-20 min (add a little wine at the end). I made the sauce to go with eggs over noodles, it was great!

I have parakeets and I've used this to chop celery, carrots, red cabbage, and romaine lettuce for them, and for myself to add to soups (add it to any soup I'm microwaving to make it more veggie-rich or to the Dr. McDougall's soups after I've nuked the veggies for a min. to make them a little more hearty for dinner)

This little gadget is super easy to clean, just hot soapy water and quick wipe with a sponge. Be extra careful with that blade because it's really sharp.

I wish the directions were more clear about how long you can hold the button down. It says 5-second bursts but it doesn't say if that's the max at a time so for now, I'm trying to keep it to that. Everything I've made so far has been very quick, and it would have taken me much longer, and much more effort had I done it all by hand. This chopper made it fun. I have a 7-cup processor but I hate taking it out. Unlike this one, that one doesn't have a safety feature so I worry a lot when using it. This 1-cup processor won't work unless you've clicked it into place properly. And there's just one button to push to get it going.

Quick, easy, fun, my kind of gadget.
review image
22 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2014
Purchased this over one year ago and it is was a great chopper for garlic and ginger. It is used about 2-3 times per week, clean up is a snap, just take off lid, take out blade and wash. It is 1.5 cups so large enough for my needs. It would not do well with onions or other large items, as it would take too long. I use this more than my larger 7 cup chopper.

After 1 year the bowl cracked and I called Black and Decker Customer Service which is now managed by Spectrum at 1-800-231-9786 and referenced the two year warranty on the box and they said no problem we will get you out a new bowl in 7-10 days. They will ask you for the date code on the plug it is a 3 digit code and two letters along with the model number HC306 to verify warranty. My faith has been restored in this little mighty chopper which I purchased for $13.99, well worth the price for two years of use but I would not buy again,

I would switch over to Proctor Silex HC306 1-1/2-Cup One-Touch Electric Chopper now in the future
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 22, 2017
This is a good product for the most part. I ordered it because I have arthritis and chopping veggies can be painful. It chops veggies and apples and other hard fruit, etc. into tiny pieces. I was hoping it would chop food into bigger chunks instead. I even tried pushing down on the button one time only and it still chops my veggies too much. I wanted bigger chunks, not tiny chunks. Oh well, it still works great, just not the way I wanted. I will have to keep looking for something else to use to chop into bigger pieces. Also, it does not turn on if the bowl or top is not lined up EXACTLY on the line - it is VERY picky that way, which is a pain. Especially for someone like me who has arthritis and it's not always easy to tighten it enough to turn on. And that can be a pain when you have to keep taking the bowl off the base every time you want to take your food out of it and then put it back on to chop something else! Ugh! It's not an easy or smooth thing to do. Don't know if anyone else has this problem. I think I will keep looking for something else that is easier to use.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2016
This was a great product until the lid broke yesterday. I'm very disappointed I purchased this product June 26, 2016 so I haven't had it for even 4 months! I use this almost everyday to chop my vegetables, to blend my guacamole, and to make my smoothies. Its just the right size for one person. There is a small piece of plastic that juts out of the lid to secure it before using the chopper. Well when I went to turn it to click it into place it broke so easily. I didn't use any more pressure than I normally use because its extremely easy to close. I would have been happy if it would have lasted me at least a year. I would be happy even if I could get a replacement . 🙁
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.