Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 192 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 237 reviews
on November 19, 2008
Used this twice and let me tell you this thing is strong and tough. I never got my leaves done so fast and it handles wet leaves with out a problem. Chops up small twigs too. This is by far well worth the purchase. I bought the Toro 43 gallon collapsable bin which works great. I also bought the BV-006 attachment for this but it does not fit it. I contacted B&D and they are shipping an attachment for the LH4500 to me asap. The attachment will be included in future boxes of the LH 4500.
on May 16, 2011
I LOVE THIS LEAF BLOWER! First of all, it's very light - I am a small woman and normally the morning after using a leaf blower, my arms and back are sore. I had NO PROBLEMS at all with this one. I used it for two hours straight and only stopped because I ran out of places to do! No soreness the next morning whatsoever! The key to this leaf blower is the "Blaster" attachment. It makes all the difference in the world! It turns the machine into a little blower on steroids - I blew up leaves that haven't seen the sun in years! Wet,dry,matted - it didn't matter - everything came up. It was great for clearing around my rose bushes and getting the leaves that were deep in my groundcover. I would recommend this to everyone. I tried the vacuum and that worked well also. I opted not to use it much because I have alot of small rocks and such from the winter and wasn't sure if sucking them up would damage the machine - but it did vacuum everything up. I will probably try out the vacuum this fall when I'm clearing newly fallen leaves. As far as the noise, it's really wasn't that loud. It didn't bother me at all. I find gas ones to be ALOT noisier. I was actually a little bummed out when I finished my yard - I've never had so much fun doing yard work! I honestly can't wait to use it again in the Fall!
on October 14, 2009
You still have to rake the nooks and crannies, and loosen any stuck leaves, but let me tell you, since I was a kid, I used to have to spend my fall days raking leaves with 3 big live oaks in the front yard and more in the backyard. The convenience of not having to stoop down and bag those leaves, then haul them to where they need to go - makes this thing great. It does reduce the amount of leaves, as they are finely mulched. Also outstanding for cleaning plant beds. A little cumbersome with the cord and emptying the bag...but well worth the money...buy it!
on April 28, 2012
We purchased the black and decker LH4500 leaf blower. With no more than 10, yes, 10 minutes of running the armachure is arching like an arc welder and burnt
black. Its toast. Unfortunetly it sat for 4 months before we tried to use it. We got burned, no pun intended. Buy something else. It seems that we cant give it negative stars what a shame. B&D is out of our lives forever.
on March 13, 2009
This is the third leaf vacuum I have purchased and it is by far the best. I use it primarily as a leaf vacuum vice blower and it has outstanding suction. The metal mulching blades really are good and a great improvement over the plastic type. Well worth the money. I highly recommend it.
on December 8, 2013
Far more rugged and powerful than my Toro, which died after two seasons and had trouble handling certain kinds of material or too much of it. This does not. I used this all fall with little trouble. Both the blowing and vacuuming operations have more oomph. My only complaint is that if a chunk of, say, mulch goes in it can knock the blower nozzle loose, which shuts the whole thing down. That's a pain, but it's made worse my how difficult it is to get the nozzles on. They're extremely stiff.
on November 27, 2009
Easy to assemble and easy to use. Easy to switch between blower and vac.

Vac bag should not have to be supported on shoulders. Fills very fast and not too easy to empty. Its burdensome in that way.
on April 4, 2014
I'm a pretty small female, and I have an easy enough time using this. It does the job I wanted it to do - allow me to clean up leaves around the yard in between times that our lawn guys come.

I found the vacuum easier to use than the blower. The blower takes some skill to use :) Changing the attachments is a bit of a hassle too. It is not a quick and easy change over.

It's powerful enough to pick up the leaves without picking up dirt and other things it's not supposed to.

This isn't much of a technical review, but if a non-mechanical person is looking for something easy to use, this will do it. My 2 year old also loves watching.
on October 27, 2009
This is a robust, well balanced Blower/Vac for moving or mulching leaves. The two motor speeds allow useful selectivity for both moving leaves or heavier objects (sticks/small stones) or selectively vacuuming leaves without pulling driveway gravel or nearby plants into its maw.

Anyone much over 6'2" will be bending a little to use the vacuum function.
on September 25, 2012
I bought this based on the reviews, and that our neighbor lady's tree drops TONS of acorns on our small yard, and not only do they hurt my feet when barefoot....my silly dogs eat them until they get sick. SO, I bought this brand because we have a Black and Decker hedge trimmer that works awesome...but this vacuum isn't strong enough to suck up ANY acorns...or twigs for that matter. Basically...I had to try to push them in a pile, (they were able to be suspended in air some...but not enough to get sucked up) and put my hand under the nozzle and then tilt the machine backwards. This is my first time using this...and I'm not sure on the return policy at Amazon...but I will definitely be trying to return this.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.