Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BLACK+DECKER RS-136 String Trimmer Replacement Spool
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on February 26, 2001
Yes, the downside is that you will go through these more quickly than some. I burn through about 3 to 4 per season for a moderately sized lawn.
The upside is that this somewhat slender string will not kill and maim when you (inevitably) get your (or Fido's) foot or ankle in harm's way. It will sting, of course, but not slash and draw blood as most other gages do. In addition, the spool is pretty cheap, easily replaced, and available everywhere (no small point when you suddenly run out late on a Sunday afternoon).
on July 2, 2009
We bought this product because we needed a spool replacement for our weed whacker. Unfortunately, when this string breaks, it breaks inside the spool so you need to open the whole thing up to pull the string to the outside. That gets really old to have to take it apart every time the string breaks.
on July 5, 2009
This spool is a great replacement piece, however if you need more line & you have the time to roll out line Wal-Mart sells over 200 feet for only #=$3.47. However you will have to roll on to the spool by hand which really doesn't take that long.
on April 28, 2010
You can find the same exact product at various hardware stores, etc. for half the price and no shipping.
on June 26, 2009
Got this as an add-on with the Black & Decker ST1000 9-Inch 1.8-AMP Electric Grass Trimmer because I read folks complaining about string being replaced quickly. Not so on the ST1000 I guess. I've only let out a couple of inches in weeks of use. So my biggest problem is to remember where I put this replacement spool for when I eventually do need it.
on July 28, 2008
When I bought my latest Black & Decker line trimmer/edger, I also purchased an extra line spool. Over time, the bump-line type can wear the head of the spool out. Particularly when using around concrete or rocks. This may take several seasons of usage but it can happen. Thus, I have a replacement handy which I know will fit. I also can use the extra spool if I am working and do not want to stop to rewind the spool. I simply pop in the replacement and continue working. Then I can rewind the other spool at my convenience. As far as line or string trimmer spools go, this is an easy one to rewind...single line as opposed to dual, and is easily removed and replaced from the trimmer. The bump-feed also works well.
on November 5, 2014
I bought this spool as a replacement spool for one that had literally worn through from bumping so much to adjust the string. Unfortunately, my bump string trimmer gave up the ghost shortly after I received this new spool via Amazon. I bought a new auto feed string trimmer to replace my fried bump trimmer and now I'm left with an unusable spool. I will say that I kept two of these spools on hand for quick change outs when I would run out of line in the middle of a trimming session and they all worked very well. The spools themselves will last about three seasons or more depending on how much trimming you perform each season, and I do a lot of trimming. I guess I'll hold onto this new one and try to sell it spring 2015 via Amazon Market Place.
on March 21, 2015
Had a hard time finding these in stock at local home improvement store. Fits my trimmer and is very easy to swap out for replacement. Great to have a couple of extra spools on hand since you can't see how much is left. Running out without a backup in the middle of the lawn job is a Pain.
on September 19, 2014
They work fine. Got my wacker back in the game. lol I was trying to figure out a way to reinforce the plastic bump to prevent it from wearing down but cant come up with anything. I guess they last quite a while regardless. Im just cheap. LOL. So yeah, when the cap is worn down too far, you will have problems with the feed. These fit and work as they should.
on July 25, 2014
I would do this different next time. First, the replacement spool is the correct spool BUT it can be irritating threading the line properly while positioning the spool for its insertion back onto the trimmer. Also, the line itself is not necessarily on the spool firmly so it unraveled easily. I ended up carefully rewinding the line onto the spool and had no issues afterward. Next time, I'm just buying the line. It's less expensive and easier than replacing the spool.