Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on October 14, 2013
I have several of the Black & Decker books in this series, and they have taken much of the mystique out of home maintenance. This book takes the fear out of drywall repair and installation. Is there an art to it? Yes. Can you do it? Yes. The companion DVD gives some great advice and takes you step by step through a few typical scenarios you may encounter during a project. We have decided to refinish our basement, and I have complete confidence that I can hang the drywall as I've used the tips in this book to patch damage in other places with outstanding results.
on November 29, 2015
Helped me build a beautiful arch to my kitchen. The book answered all of my wildest questions about working with drywall, including making forms, round walls, etc... What's very impressive is just the number of color photos. Great examples.
on September 27, 2012
If you are doing any significant project involving drywall, and you aren't a professional, BUY THIS BOOK AND READ IT BEFORE YOU START. I found out this the hard way. The book is great, but some of the advice (ie. make sure studs are straight and flat) can only be done early on it your project.

Pictures are good, book is easy to read and looks good on the original Kindle, as well as on the Kindle app for iPad and Kindle App for Mac OS.

This book (and their related ones on painting and electrical if you're not strong in those areas) will save you time and money just in terms of material. Even moreso if you're a fussy homeowner like me who likes to get things right.
on July 12, 2013
I'm fairly new to drywall, but I have to say, this book covers the subject very well. I purchased two books on drywall, this and another ("Drywall: Professional Techniques for Great Results"), and both are comparable, and either one would be sufficient by itself, at least for me.
on February 20, 2015
As described.
on May 28, 2012
Like the other Black & Decker book I own, this one eschews long winded explanations for pictures and a few explanations. In many cases, that's exactly what's needed, and drywall is just such an instance. I needed to know about drywall types, drywall fasteners, and drywall finishing, and this told me exactly what I needed to know. Additionally, it covers working with drywall substitutes in wet situation, namely Hardy Backer Board and similar, as well as how to deal with transitions between HBB and regular drywall.
on October 24, 2016
This book helped me in my lack of drywall experience. It answered questions I had and reaffirmed facts I already knew.
on April 28, 2015
This book will cover everything you need to complete anything from a very simple project to a complete remodel or finishing a basement. It serves a a great reference guide for long project where certain details might be overlooked or forgotten.
on August 1, 2014
Lots of good information and pictures. Probably could find all this information online however I like having a book around that can get dirty and doesn't require charging.
on September 14, 2011
I was replacing a wall of wallboard that I had to remove to treat a honeybee infestation. You have to remove the combs or they keep coming back.

The wallboard was replaced, and I was looking for ways to texture the surface without spending a whole lot of money. This book filled that need. Used a textured roller with wallboard mud, then knocked down the result. Happy with the result.