- Product Dimensions: 32 x 8 x 3 inches ; 1.8 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B01N0QSAI2
- Item model number: Black Diamond
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (15 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #18,854 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Trekking Pole
|Price:||$169.94 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Premium cork grip with dual-density top and adjustable 360-degree sewn strap
- Non-slip EVA foam grip extension
- 3 section 100% carbon fiber shaft
- Dual Flick Lock Pro adjustability
- Interchangeable carbide tech tips, low profile trekking baskets and powder baskets
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Item Dimensions||1 x 1 x 25 inches|
|Item Weight||1.42 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||1.41 pounds|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
Black Diamond's Alpine Carbon Cork poles are at the pinnacle of ultralight trekking poles. These highly versatile, fully adjustable four-season poles built with premium materials, handle alpine backpacking routes, mid-winter expeditions and far-flung treks with ease. They feature 3 compact carbon fiber shafts, dual FlickLock Pro adjusters and a natural cork grip. The 360 degree, adjustable wrist straps have padding and are Left and Right hand specific for added comfort. Interchangeable carbide Tech Tips can easily be switched out for rubber Tech Tips (sold separately) and two sets of baskets can be tailored to trail or snow activities.Usable Length 63-130 cm (25"-51").Minimum storage length 63 cm (25").Weight 475 grams/ pair (1 lb. 1 oz/ pair).Color: Black and Pearl.Import..
Top customer reviews
They're not the lightest poles on the market (though they're extremely light), but if you need trekking poles, and you want them to be collapsible, these are the ones to get.
According to Black Diamond, they had a supply chain issue, and the Carbon Cork trekking poles with "Flick Lock Pro" locking mechanisms were shipped in limited quantities only to REI. During this time, other sellers like Amazon and Black Diamond themselves stocked a version with inferior plastic flick locks which according to Amazon reviews were plagued with issues. The issue has apparently been fixed, and I'm so glad I waited - the metal flick locks on this model are superior.
Do yourself a favor and don't go with twist lock poles - the locking mechanism just doesn't work as well and they'll slip on you. A readjustment every once in awhile to get them back to the height you want them might seem OK, but at the end of the day you're trusting these things to support your weight and slippage from inferior locking mechanisms is a safety issue (not to mention how difficult they can be to adjust with sweaty hands). To me, it's worth spending the extra coin for flick locks, and these poles are the best on the market.
This pair of poles weighs 1lb 2.6oz on my kitchen scale, which is a small weight price to pay if you're somebody who needs (due to bad knees) or likes (due to them making you feel more like a four-legged animal on the trail) trekking poles. Worth the buy.