Black Diamond Mega Light Shelter: 4-Person
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Item Weight||1.27 Pounds|
|Pole Material Type||Carbon Fiber|
|Maximum Height||66 Inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Model Number : 360415
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 19.05 Centimeters
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 40.89 Centimeters
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 31.75 Centimeters
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The ultralight, four-person Mega Light floorless tent from Black Diamond comes standard with a rugged carbon fiber pole for fast and light construction. It also comes with a Pole Link converter that makes use of a trekking or ski pole that you already have packed for your adventure so you don't have to carry the extra weight. Requires seam sealing.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 20 x 8 x 4.75 inches; 1.27 Pounds
- Item model number : 360415
- Department : "unisex-adult, unisex-teen, unisex-child"
- Date First Available : October 1, 2001
- Manufacturer : Black Diamond
- ASIN : B0009EOWTC
Best Sellers Rank:
#544,063 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #1,171 in Camping Tents
- Customer Reviews:
Shipping within the USA only! We Do NOT ship to PO, APO, PR, RI or HI Please allow 5-7 days for handling & Shipping time, we will try everything to get your item shipped as early as possible.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There is no place to attach guy-lines to the walls, which would have helped keep its shape in the wind and create a little more room near the edges. This is one the the biggest problems with it that seems like an over-site. It would have been easy to sew in a couple loops to the side of the tent.
By AVEDDO Bernard on December 13, 2014
a cinch to put up, light and roomy.
Only two complaints;
1) stake cords are short, in that if you want to raise the shelter off the ground by, say more than 4-5 inches, you'll have to add addtional lenght onto the stake loops.
2) Too bad it does not come with the seams pre-sealed. Not the end of the world but it is a pain in the neck to seal them yourself.
Lots of space ! you can sit next to the pole with a tripod seat. Plenty of room for 2 with packs etc. For 4 you would need to leave the packs outside. Use a small groundsheet per person to keep you off ground (wet/ants). You can hang a sea to summit mossie net from the inside if you are in bug territory. Or use mossie coils.
Use your own guyropes in strong winds: attach to top outside loop. or use tarp-grabbers.
Seams can be sealed with Gear Aid sil-net sealer. Takes about 2 hours with tent setup. Best is to dilute the sealer which is pretty thick - spreads easier and goes into pinholes better: Use Mineral spirits (mineral turpentine in Australia). put a marble sized blob in a plastic cup or similar, mix with approx same volume or more of turps, using brush provided. Apply quickly (I did it on the inside) - since it gets thicker fairly rapidly. This does about 1 seam.
For next blob, use a new cup or clean out cup with paper, as the thick gew residue hampers mixing.