Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Black Diamond Spot Headlamp
- Low Return Rate: 23% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 85% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "headlamp black diamond"
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- One Quad Power LED and one Double Power white LED emit 300 lumens
- Settings include full strength in proximity and distance modes, dimming, strobe, red night-vision and lock mode
- PowerTap Technology allows instant transitioning between full and dimmed power
- Brightness Memory allows you to turn the light on and off at a chosen brightness without reverting back to full power
- Waterproof; Protected against water immersion down to >1m (3.3 ft) for 30 minutes (IPX 8)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Black Diamond Cosmo Headlamp, Salt Water, One Size
Black Diamond Unisex ReVolt Black One Size
LED Headlamp - Great for Camping, Hiking, Kids, and Dog Walking. One of the Lightest (2.6 oz) Headlight. Water and Shock Resistant with Red Strobe. Duracell Batteries Included
Coast FL75 Dual Color Focusing 435 lm LED Headlamp, , Orange
Ultra Bright CREE LED Headlamp - 160 Lumens, 5 Lighting Modes, White & Red LEDs, Adjustable Strap, IPX6 Water Resistant. Great For Running, Camping, Hiking & More. Batteries Included
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Shining Buddy®||Amazon.com||WooBrite|
|Light Source Type||LED||LED||LED||LED||LED||LED|
BD's go-to headlamp for everything from midweek dawn patrols to all-night rappelling sessions, the Black Diamond Spot now features an incredible 300 lumens of adjustable light with a fully waterproof construction. In addition to its reliable, precise and powerful beam for spotting anchors or trail cairns, the Spotâ€™s redesigned lighting profile offers improved peripheral lighting for close-range activities like cooking, reading or sorting gear, while simultaneously increasing the overall brightness. The Spot also features Brightness Memory, which allows you to turn the light on and off at a chosen brightness without reverting back to full power. Seven different lighting modes, including red night vision, allow for fully custom lighting in any situation, and our PowerTap Technology makes for instant brightness adjustments.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- It's bright enough to run safely on a moderately groomed trail in the middle of the night
- It's secure. No bobbing or straps coming loose
- It's cheap for 300 lumens
- The large yellow spot in the middle of the light is terrible. I caught myself focusing on the yellow spot instead of the trail. This is almost a deal breaker for me.
- The plate behind the lamp is not very comfortable on the forehead. I was ready to take it off after about six miles and plan to add my own padding.
- It's not for serious night runners. The BD Spot will work great for shorter jogs or the occasional late trail run, but I would not recommend this headlamp if you plan on regularly running at night.
-- Good spotlight mode that lights the way with seeing some of your perimeter without the small too-bright dancing spot effect of some headlamps. The spotlight put out a nice beam shape with a ~35 degrees center hotspot and ~60 degrees lower brightness zone. I like uniform, but this spot mode is much better than most headlamps. This is good for seeing the trail and most everything nearby you point it at, which is what is most important.
-- The flood light LED is a really wide angle, about 120 degrees. This is a great beam angle for working up close.
-- The continuous luminance adjustment is cool. I usually just need low and high power, and sometimes a medium level. The feature is not much value to me, but I would have liked more if it didn’t often change when touched.
-- Construction seems sturdy. Better than the cheap headlamps.
-- It handled 3 hours in medium-to-light rain OK. A little water got into the batteries, but it did not conk out. Any water still worries me so dry this thing out after any use in rain with the batteries out so the batteries and circuits don’t go bad. Described as IPX8, but IPX8 is a dive light. IPX7 is 1 meter under water for 30 minutes. But since I don’t plan on swimming with it on (intentionally anyway), not a biggie.
-- Touch changing from spot to flood or changing luminance is cumbersome. There is a learning curve, but even after a few nights out I have to take it off and fuss with it frequently to just get to a mode I want. Also, when I reached up to adjust the lamp position on my head, it often changed mode or brightness, which is really annoying. Adjust it gingerly.
-- The spotlight LED gets hot to the touch.
-- The light is a cool white light. I still need to pull out my old halogen flashlight to see tracks and most anything else other than easy to see trails. If you stay on well-worn hiking trails it is fine.
-- Hey, there is no padding behind the headlamp other than the strap. Not very comfortable for long term use unless on a helmet. The strap also slips a bit so I need to adjust frequently (see my comment about unplanned mode changes when it’s touched).
Overall, the Spot is worthwhile to have in my collection and will be useful for when I want both spot and wide angle lighting.
1. White and red lights, only.
2. Dim-able, area/spot light switching
3. Simple mode switching and basic operation.
4. Waterproof enough for quick dunks or heavy rain
5. Light-weight and comfortable
Overall I do love this headlamp. It does all of the things above and is very bright with a wide dimmer range. The red light is a must for preserving your eyes' light adjustment. You can look away from your lighted area and not have to adjust to darkness again. I recommend this headlamp to anyone with working vision. It's great to store in your car, bag, bedside, anywhere really. I use it for camping and hunting myself.
Most recent customer reviews
Con: hard to figure out the buttons. They should just have more buttons instead of making you do all kinds of presses