Black Diamond Spot Headlamp
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- One Quad Power LED and one Double Power white LED emit 300 lumens
- Settings include full strength in proximity and distance modes, dimming, strobe, red night-vision and lock mode
- PowerTap Technology allows instant transitioning between full and dimmed power
- Brightness Memory allows you to turn the light on and off at a chosen brightness without reverting back to full power
- Waterproof; Protected against water immersion down to >1m (3.3 ft) for 30 minutes (IPX 8)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- 16 m. Max Burn Time : [High] 30 H (est.); [Low] 175 H (est.)
- Memory-Mode & Lock-Mode
- QuadPower LED and DoublePower LED with 300 Lumen
- IPX 8 Waterproof; Protected against water immersion down to >1m (3.3 ft) for 30 minutes
- PowerTap Technology allows instant transitioning between full and dimmed power
- Brightness Memory allows you to turn the light on and off at a chosen brightness
- One Quad Power LED and one Double Power white LED emit 300 lumens. Max Distances : High- 80 m; Low-
- Weight: 90g (with batteries)
The go-to headlamp
The Spot is equipped with a dimming function, a flashing mode, maximum power for long and short range, a red night vision mode, a waterproof housing according to IPX8 and the innovative PowerTap technology. All this is packed into a lightweight and compact headlamp that fits in any backpack or glove compartment.
3 AAA batteries required (included)
|Spot Headlamp||Storm Headlamp||Cosmo Headlamp||Astro Headlamp|
|Max Burntime||180 hours||120 hours||180 hours||200 hours|
|Batteries||3 AAA (included)||4 AAA (included)||3 AAA batteries||3 AAA batteries|
|Weight (Including Batteries)||88 g||110 g||86 g||80 g|
|Light Modes||Red, white||white, red, blue, green||white, red||white|
|Waterproofing||IPX 8 Waterproof; Protected against water immersion down to >1m (3.3 ft) for 30 minutes; recommended to dry out battery housing to avoid corrosion||Waterproof and dustproof: Sealed housing withstands immersion up to 1m for 30 minutes||IPX 8 Waterproof; Protected against water immersion down to >1m (3.3 ft) for 30 minutes; recommended to dry out battery housing to avoid corrosion||IPX 4 Stormproof: withstands rain and sleet from any angle|
DEFY THE DARK
Real adventures cannot be limited and are determined by the time of day and the amount of natural light. Real adventures are unpredictable and full of spontaneity and impulsiveness. Real adventures awaken the dream of rock, ice and snow and hunger for more.
Therefore, every climber, skier, mountaineer and outdoor camper needs a reliable lighting solution adapted to him in order to defy the darkness and reach the destination. A suitable lamp is a fundamental part of every adventurer's equipment, because who wants to turn around or have to stop just because twilight sets in and you can no longer find a safe step? Or miss out on the fascinating moments when at nightfall the cities in the distance light their lights, the northern lights shine on the horizon or the mountains unfold their mystical power? One thing is for sure: No tour should be without a headlamp, because who knows what the adventure will bring you.
The 300-lumen Black Diamond Spot Headlamp is the light to have when you're out with the owls. Whether you're cooking supper after a long day on the trail, or locating anchors during an after-dark rappelling epic, this compact, super-bright headlamp features multiple modes that are customizable to any lighting situation. It features PowerTap Technology, which makes adjusting the brightness as easy as a tapping your finger; and if your activities tend to be wet, the Spot is also protected from water immersion up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. PRODUCT FEATURES: Waterproof; Protected against water immersion down to >1m (3.3 ft) for 30 minutes (IPX 8) Lumens: 300 Weight With Batteries: 90 g (3.2 oz) Max Distances: [High] 80 m; [Low] 10 m Max Burn Time: [High] 25 H (est.); [Low] 180 H (est.) IPX Rating: X8 LED Type: 1 QuadPower, 1 DoublePower, 1 SinglePower Batteries: 3 AAA (included)
Product detailsColor:Aluminum | Size:One Size
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here. [PDF ]
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Item Weight : 10.4 Ounces
- Item model number : 620634
- Department : Adults
- Batteries : 3 AAA batteries required.
- Date First Available : April 30, 2014
- Manufacturer : Black Diamond Equipment LTD
- ASIN : B073QP895R
Best Sellers Rank:
#18,618 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement)
- #146 in Headlamps
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- It's bright enough to run safely on a moderately groomed trail in the middle of the night
- It's secure. No bobbing or straps coming loose
- It's cheap for 300 lumens
- The large yellow spot in the middle of the light is terrible. I caught myself focusing on the yellow spot instead of the trail. This is almost a deal breaker for me.
- The plate behind the lamp is not very comfortable on the forehead. I was ready to take it off after about six miles and plan to add my own padding.
- It's not for serious night runners. The BD Spot will work great for shorter jogs or the occasional late trail run, but I would not recommend this headlamp if you plan on regularly running at night.
It's a friggin' headlamp and it probably runs a realtime OS with more processing power than the Apollo mission. I wouldn't be surprised if it included a covert web server.
The button and side sensor generate 9 operational modes (1 is arguably a duplicate though) based on button press, button hold, and side tap. It's so damned complex I had to write them out and paste into phone notes as included below.
It seems comfortable and well made, but if it lasts a decade it's still only work two stars. Buy something simpler. Please. I beg you.
TOP BUTTON modes
Not Powered On (why it needs a lock mode)
- press and release 1x: turn last active light on
- press and release 2x: toggle between spot and wide angle light
- press and release 3x: strobe
- press and hold 2s: red light on
- press and hold 3s: always turns on spot light
- press and hold 4s: toggle lock mode (small blue light blinks for a few seconds in lock mode)
- press and hold: goes to bright then dims as hold
- 3x: strobe
TAP RIGHT SIDE
(light tap when powered on)
- activate BOTH spot and wide angle
Three more minor niggles: (i) The batteries are difficult to remove without some tool. (ii) The touch function that turns the bright lights on and off is sometimes too responsive (switching inadvertantly when just adjusting the position of the light) and at other times doesn't respond at all to my input. This function is IMO unnecessary and should be removed. (iii) On one occasion the lamp turned on and drained the batteries while it was in my backpack - even though the lock function had been activated! Apparently the switch got pressed inadvertently for more than 5 seconds in the pack. Now I always attach a small plate with a rubber band that blocks the switch before putting it in my pack. Why can't they design a mechanism that prevents the switch mechanically from being activated?
Top reviews from other countries
A very powerful little headtorch, especially with the two lights activated.
However, goodness me it's complicated.... Two presses for this, four presses for that, a long press for else....a memory setting and a magic dimmer......
I just need a light. A bright light.
If you forgo the complications it's a really really good, sturdy, well built piece of kit.
Just don't press anything once it's doing what you want.
Claimed on brightest setting burn time around 25 Hours. I would feel so let down if these figures weren't so far off. It borders on insulting. To have to buy a load or batteries just to get it to work for 6 Hours is expensive and disappointing. It was not very cheap so I thought it was going to be better than it is. Other points;
Strap works loose need readjusting. I am not doing anything vigorous with it on so no excuse.
Reasonably bright but not for long.
Side switch responsible for brighter setting is touch sensitive and is operate in error too many times.
Next trip I am taking it to is Iceland to the Laugavengur Trek followed by Nepal for a month to the APC and APBC in its entirety. If you're not convinced by Petzel then this is the one to get hands down.
The only complaint I would have is that this torch does not last the advertised 30h at maximum burn time. I got about 6h before I had to swap out the AAAs. However, if you dim the light, and use only one light mode this will most likely last you more. I find it hard to believe you'll need the full 300 Lumens at home or even out night hiking (it's blinding)! The torch also comes with a handy battery life indicator. I highly recommend bringing a spare set of batteries if you will be going out in the backcountry. Using it at minimum brightness is enough to see your garage workstation, and walk around the camp.