Black Diamond Trail Shock Trekking Poles (2012)
- The ultralight, narrow diameter aluminum shafts resist corrosion and reduce weight without sacrificing strength.
- Dual Density Foam grips for comfort plus an extended foam sleeve on the upper shafts that has ridges and is made of soft, comfortable EVA foam to handle switchbacks and abrupt changes in terrain easily.
- The patent-pending Control Shock Technology (CST) is a progressive four-stage shock absorption system that handles hard compression without bottoming out. The CST absorbs light and medium strikes without a pogo-ing rebound. The external design maximizes pole collapsibility and is very quiet.
- Dual FlickLocks offer simple, easy pole adjustments. To adjust the pole you "flick" the lock open with your finger, slide the section to where you want it and press the lock closed for solid and sure adjustments.
- Adjustable fully padded 360 degree left and right hand specific webbing wrist strap for comfort.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Item Dimensions||2 x 5 x 27 inches|
|Item Weight||1.55 pounds|
|Model Name||Black Diamond Trail Shock Trekking Poles|
|Shipping Weight||1.5 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
These poles have held up to five months of use with no issues.
I like the firmness and solidness of the adjustments, they haven't come loose or slid out of position at all.
The shock absorbers work. You can feel the "absorb" from time to time. Occasionally I'll bottom them out. Not sure if they're worth extra money or not.
They're pretty low maintenance, just wipe the shafts down with a soft cloth to keep dirt/dust away from the adjusters.
I'm very happy and will gladly recommend them to a friend or buy another pair!
The poles collapse to a short-enough length that a belt clip would be easy to use to keep them constantly present. I'm very pleased with these poles; and I greatly appreciate their shock-absorbing capabilities on concrete city sidewalks.
1- like the color ( Jade ??? purple to me )
2- like the weight
3- love the feel of the grips, the straps and the extra foam below the grips for droping hand down when going up steep trails
4- adjust easily to just my size (5-6" ) with longer length avail if need.
Not much I dont like except ....they should come with both metal feet and rubber. You have to pay extra for the rubber.
would recommend to friends and family
no problem with shipping or seller
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good for backpacking and trekking. Grips are good and clasps work well.Published 8 months ago by T. Anthony
I cannot live without my walking sticks. These have stood up better than most and I hike 4 to 5 times a week.Published 12 months ago by Pnutmarch4
These are reasonably light and fold reasonably small. Good for first poles if you want to try them out.Published 14 months ago by Craig
I'll never hike without trekking poles again, after a knee replacement 6 months ago I can really feel the difference, they really do help the knees and back, had to buy rubber tips... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Pat W.
These saved my life at least 3 times. I put myself in seriously sketchy situations hiking up mixed ice and dirt attempting to hit some summits. Read morePublished 18 months ago by ScouserByChoice
This is George's wife - hence the women's trekking poles! Love them! Looking forward to using them soon in Italy!!Published 22 months ago by george M. Vavrek
I love these trekking poles and depend on them to keep me moving. I have had both knees and a hip replaced, and I know how important mobility is as you get older. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Marilyn Willette Smith