Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Black Dog Barking
Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 25, 2013
I have been a fan of this band since their first album (Runnin' Wild). I've read all the criticism about them being "AC/DC wannabes." But, I disagree. Yes, they are obviously strongly influenced by AC/DC and you can hear it in the music. But, so what? A lot of great bands show a strong influence by earlier great bands. This band takes that influence and makes it their own. It's just 80's style hard rocking, head banging, and fun. No ballads or wimpy love songs...just driving rock rhythms.

In my opinion, Airbourne's first album was great and fun to listen to but lacked a bit of studio polish. It was a bit raw...with more of a first take, live performance sound than a polished studio album. Their second album (No Guts. No Glory) was a lot more polished and even better than the debut. The same hard rocking sound, but cleaner and crisper. This third album continues that progression.

There are several really good songs on this album. But, I'm glad I got the Special Edition version as I think "You Got the Skills (to Pay the Bills)" and "Party in the Penthouse" are two of the better songs on the album. My favorite is "Live it Up." Ironically, my least favorite is the title track, "Black Dog Barking." It is still a good tune, just (IMHO) not as good as others.

So, if you like hard rocking with strong guitar riffs, driving drum beats, and screaming vocals, give this band a listen. They are not AC/DC, but I think they are as good as or better than Rhino Bucket or any other of the more recent followers of the AC/DC genre.
33 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 28, 2017
This is a great album to listen to, many comparisons to AC/ DC however, Airbourne has there own unique sound that makes them stand out from many other bands today. I remember when I first herd them on Madden 04, I think it was Madden 04. The track was Runnin` Wild. I was blown away when I first herd it and still am, several years later. I came back many years later and bought this album along with others by Airbourne and I am very pleased with all of them. Well done.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
WTF?! I still buy CD's. I do not download!! I hate it when the record companies decide to put bonus tracks on the download version or sell a deluxe version for a few dollars more than the regular version. Stop wasting money and ruining the business and just put out the best version possible to everyone so we don't have to search for the one we want!!
33 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 31, 2017
Airbourne rocks extra hard than your average rock n roll band and this record is no exception. High energy, high intensity riff rockin a la AC/DC on a healthy dose of testosterone, fueled by hard liquor, beer, unfiltered cigarettes, with a dash of fast and unladylike ladies. Great music for long walks on the beach, knitting with your memaw, and playing Connect Four! Or not...
Highly and I mean highly recommended. Don't be a wuss. Rock out with your clock out!!
-David Newman
on May 25, 2013
Many hate on this band because they supposedly sound like AC/DC. Their not AC/DC nor do they sound like them. What makes people believe they do sound like them is the screaming vocalist and that they make some great rock n' roll. Black Dog Barking will be a trend setting album for future rock, definitely a definitive album for Airbourne. Much of Airbourne's music will get your blood pumping and is surrounded by great lyrics. Those songs on this album include "Back In The Game", a very Cinderella Sounding song; "Hungry" which is about always pushing for what you want and the title track which has a similar theme to the other three especially when vocalist Joel says "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog". Highlights of this album are every song on it. You will not stop listening to it unless your a hater, in that case you have to stop thinking Airbourne as an AC/DC knockoff, cause their not. Like any band you can hear their influences and there are many, one of which is AC/DC, but other bands like Motorhead, Cinderella and Def Leppard are all evident in their music.
on July 6, 2013
I really liked the single Live It Up on first listen but took a chance and bought the entire album and am so glad that I did! Every song ROCKS! No fillers. Its hard to pick favorites but Ready to Rock, Animalize, Back in the Game, Cradle to the Grave, and Black Dog Barking are currently sticking out. Ask me again next week. It definitely fits into the 80s metal category but to say that this is simply nostalgic or very ACDC-ish does it a huge disservice because it sounds very fresh and new as if it belongs in the here and now. It is really aggressive, turn it up, pump your fist, sing it in the car (try not to drive too fast), psych you up rock! With all the crap that is going on in this world this album is just want the doctor ordered. No preaching, politics, hate, or life sucks lyrics. Just grab some beer and a hot chick and have a party! I have needed music like this for a long time! Keep Rockin Airbourne!!
on November 2, 2017
Love this group and wish they would tour the US
on September 20, 2013
I love most AC/DC, Ballbreaker on back. When Airborne came along, I was truly blown away. These guys are a heavier, faster version of AC/DC. Recent AC/DC cannot come close to ANY of Airborne's three albums. Even though I am disappointed with recent AC/DC, thank God for them, or Airbourne and many other bands may never have evolved. You can't go wrong with any of Airborne's trio of albums, buy one, and expect the same in the other two.
on October 9, 2017
Good band!
on July 5, 2013
I love this band and was a little let down with their second album. This album is a much stronger effort and really is also a great recording. The step up to a really good studio made a big difference and they took their time getting it right. It shows from the opening vocals to the last cymbal crash. You won't be disappointed.