Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Black Enterprise Guide to Building Your Career Paperback – January 31, 2002
From the Back Cover
The African Americans 411 on choosing, landing, and bulletproofing your career
Do you long for a satisfying career but just dont know how to make the transition? Have you recently earned your degree, only to ask yourself, "What now?" Are your skills so narrowly defined that youll be an easy target for downsizing? Whether youre just starting out or starting over, make yourself indispensable in todays workforce with the Black Enterprise Guide to Building Your Career. With the help of questionnaires, aptitude summaries, and sidebar profiles of successful African American professionals, youll learn how to:
- Decide which career path is right for you, including corporate and not-for-profit jobs and entrepreneurship opportunities
- Tailor your resume to fit your goals
- Negotiate the best salary and benefits
- Network with other black professionals
- Navigate career transitions
- Prepare yourself with information before you go on the interview
- Discover current Web sites for African Americans that offer career advice and employment information
- And much more!
Give your career the jump-start it needs with the essential tips and advice found in the Black Enterprise Guide to Building Your Career.
To keep you abreast of the latest business and money management information, Black Enterprise is pleased to offer:
- A free issue of Black Enterprise magazine
- A free Wealth Building Kit
(See inside coupons for details.)
About the Author
CASSANDRA HAYES is a managing editor at Avon Products, Inc., and a former senior editor and staff writer specializing in careers at Black Enterprise magazine. She has appeared on Good Day New York, Today in New York, and CNNfn, providing career and workplace advice. She transitioned into journalism after a decade as a flight attendant for American Airlines.