Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 189 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 247 reviews
on November 25, 2011
This was a great deal at the price of $199 for a 160GB PS3, LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition, and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. The console alone currently retails for $249. For what it was, 5 stars easy.

Just a warning to anyone looking at this post-Black Friday $199 sale. Beware of the $400 price tags. This is not worth $400+ or anything else over $350.

Console MSRP: $249
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One: $39
LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition: $59 MSRP (check the New section for many selling at ~34)

So grand total: Aprox. $325 of real-world value here. Don't get screwed over by paying $400+.
22 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2011
This is an amazing buy for those of us who have waited to purchase a PS3 console. It is worth every penny of the $199 price tag. Besides the console and a wireless controller it includes 2 of the best games offered anywhere this year:

1) Little Big Planet 2: Special Edition game is the SPECIAL EDITION(released Nov 2011) of the hugely popular and highly rated game. It is currently selling for $55 and includes extras: It is PlayStation Move enabled, has new levels and costumes, 10 new storyline levels and 7 mini-games from Disney / Pixar's Toy Story and "Rise of the Cakeling. It has tons of new costumes to customize your Sackboy. It also includes "Move Paint" and "Ingenious Tools". You can play online or offline with up to 4 players. All big pluses.

2) The new Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One which was just released in Oct. 2011 and although it is getting mixed reviews it is currently selling for $52. So you can either keep this game, give it to someone else, or sell it. Win-Win either way.

This bundle is the new PS3 CECH-3000 series console which is an update of the CECH 2500 series. The differences are in the details under the hood of the unit. A link to the details of what this really means is in the FIRST COMMENT of this review. Many feel this model is inferior to the previous models, but that is still being debated and nothing is proven yet. There are pro's and con's to the upgrade. Sony always stands behind their products so this is really not a matter for any great concern.(I just mention it because I'm aware of it)

This bundle includes a great choice of games; both are good for kids and adults alike. You may need to pick up a second controller so more than one person can play at a time, but I expect if you watch for it, you will see these on sale before the holidays. If you are able to still get one of these Black Friday Bundles for $199 anywhere, jump on it(or even $249). This was a great deal! When trying to find a good deal on this after Black Friday you should be comparing it to the Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Value Bundle to figure out if you're getting a fair price.

Comment 1: Besides playing games, the PS3 also plays DVD's and Blu-rays on your TV. It is rated as one of the top blu-ray players you can buy. You can also use it to steam movies from Netflix, Hulu Plus, CinemaNow, and VUDU (it will not play movies from Amazon Video on demand). It can even be used to store music and movies you own.

Comment 2: You will also need an HDMI($6-$10) cable to connect the PS3 to your HDTV for the clearest picture. This is the best way to connect, but make sure your TV has HDMI input before buying one. If you can't use HDMI, for the best picture you will want to purchase the 5 cable component video cables.
on November 25, 2011
I guess I was a lucky one, I saw the deal yesterday and I was able to preorder it with Amazon and it was shipped today. Unfortunately my old PS3 motor storm bundle from 2008 died last Sunday. A guy offered me to repair it for $120, I said thanks but no thanks, I knew black Friday was really close, so I said I'd wait for the PS3 black Friday bundle, every year comes with 2 ps3 games, I thought maybe this year would be available for about $250-$300.

It was really surprising to check a PS3 with 2 games for only $199.99, I said WOW... (I recall when I bought my 1st PS3 for only $599.99 LOL).

The good things I see here are:
* Cost saving PS3, about %34 more energy efficient in comparison with the older models
* I can use the bravia sync feature with this model, cool.
* 2 2011 games...nice and even if you don't like those games...well you can sell them to your friends or now you have 2 perfect Christmas gifts at "no cost" for your family and friends.
* 30 days of free Playstation Plus, and if you already have that benefit you extend your current subscription.

This is a great deal from Sony, for people who don't own a PS3... this is your chance, for people who their PS3 died (such as mine)...what are you waiting for?, for people who would like an extra PS3... Even for people who would like a Blu-ray player with "video gaming capabilities".

cheers
Hello everyone,

This is my 2nd ps3, i have the launch day 60gb ps3. I brought this thinking my old ps3 isn't going to last forever(so far it last 5 years! which is very impressive for a launch day console)The PlayStation brand always has the best hardware to me, the games are even better. The bundle includes a cute little game full of hours and even days of gameplay. Littlebigplanet2 is a game full of unlimited levels because people create more and more everyday. Its fun for kids and adults. The Ratchet and clank game is also fun and humorous. This bundle is perfect for everyone, do not think the ps3 is bad for one second. I have every console ever made and i play games for long periods of time. At first i thought the ps3 was going to be a bad investment but it was worth the 600(back in 2006) and now the 200 i pay for this ultimate gaming device. The ps3 is the best console out in the market today. hands down.
***A little advice, i would upgrade the hard-drive because 160gb can fill up fast with all the games, movies, music, tv shows you download, not to mention updates for games with bugs that need to be fixed. And if your new to ps3,get the 1 year subscription to playstation plus because it will benefit you since they give free games every month that old ps3 owners have but it's new to you and who knows you might enjoy it.

Pro
-Best game library because sony has alot of studios that make games
-Blu-ray, 3D, and all the high-tech stuff
-Well made hardware(unlike some...starts with a X...nuffsaid)
-Free online
Con
-Online interface isn't the greatest out but i have no complaints i used it for 5 years.

So i hope you enjoyed my review. I told you about my experience with this beautiful machine and hope everyone enjoys ps3 gaming as much as i do. Happy Holidays
on December 3, 2011
Ok... Let me try to be Honest, last time I owned a video game was probably 10 years ago. Not that I am not a fan, but I am too busy watching and reading the news and I am also a big fan of movies and tv shows. I wanted a blu-ray player and also something to have Netflix and Hulu streamed to my TV. The blu-ray player that I liked would cost me about $200. Now, I dont have to tell you what I did when I saw this Special offer. This was absolutely a great deal at the price of $199 for a 160GB PS3, LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition, and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.

It is a Five (5) star in every sense of the word. And this is why:

The PS3 Console cost: $249
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One: $39.99
LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition: $59.99

Now, I can still watch my news on my TV, watch my movies from Netflix, Blockbuster and my shows from Hulu and it only cost me $199.00, and I am bored I can play some games. Who else can give you a better deal without being pepper-sprayed and beaten up, pushed by others or stand on your feet for 4 to 10 hours, only Amazon could!

And I get a blu-ray player, something to stream Netflix and Hulu in my PS3. Did not have to go to Walmart or Target or Bestbuy. Actually, I slept until 4 o'clock, I woke up and went to Amazon and got my deal. Next year, make sure you remember that when it comes to Black Friday, Amazon is the best to be. Even though I dont want every one to be there because you might get my deals but I am still telling you to be on Amazon next Black Friday and Cyber Monday!

It is more than a 5 star.
on November 29, 2011
Forget Black Friday. Amazon has these for Pre-Order the day before Black Friday on Thursday for $199.99. I added the item to my cart along with the new Sony PS3 Blue Ray controller. I checked out at lightning speed just to make sure I did that before the pre-sale was over. I then went to look at my account and it was indicated the items would arrive around 11/30/2011. I used my work address to have the items shipped too because I knew no one would be home to sign when they were to be delivered. At approximately 11am on Monday 11/28/2011 I get an email from our receptionist that a box has arrived for me. I had ordered some PS3 games from NewEgg.com and was expecting those to arrive, but to my surprise it was my Play Station and Controller! Holly Cow Amazon!!! What a great buying experience. I not only didn't have to wait in long lines in the cold to get the PS3, I was able to get in this deal prior to Black Friday on your Pre-Sale which just happened to sell out within a matter of a short time and this was delivered lightning fast via UPS! I went home after work and on Monday night I set everything up and started playing. Just wish I got more sleep last night as my eyes are practically closing here at work as I type. I guess that's the sacrifice for having such a great experiece with buying the PS3 on Amazon and having fun with it.
on December 27, 2011
I used to own a gaming computer that cost over $1500. I built it back in 2009 and these were the specs: Phenom 965, 4gb ddr 1333, 2 x 4890 gpu, crosshair iii formula motherboard, 2 x 1TB HDD, Blu Ray Drive, 1200W PSU. I also have the VW266H HD monitor and Z5500 sound system. My gaming computer worked for 1 year then started to experience major component failures. First, my 1200W power supply failed then one of my 4890 graphics cards failed. I replaced the PSU but when the Graphics card failed, I decided I'd had enough. I sold the remaining computer components but kept my HD monitor and Z5500 sound system. For a year I used a netbook to perform basic computing tasks and I hooked it up to my HD monitor to increase my productivity at times. During this time, I missed the joys of HD gaming and movies.

There was a gap in my HD setup. I had an HD display and HD sound but no HD system do deliver HD content to these components. During the black friday sale, I saw this PS3 bundle as well as the XBOX 360 kinect bundle on sale for $200. I ended up purchasing this PS3 bundle and I can say that I've made the right choice.

Right out of the box, the PS3 proved to be the perfect companion to my HD setup. I connected it to my HD monitor via HDMI and to my Z5500 via optical cable. I had 160 GB of storage and the ability to play blu ray movies (unlike the XBOX bundle). I was also pleased to see that the PS3 could stream HD movies via Netflix. I thought I wouldn't like the included games as they were 'kids games' but little big planet 2 proved to be lots of fun. I also bought metal gear solid 4, street fighter iv arcade edition and saints row 3. I only got one controller with the system but I was pleased to see that a PC controller worked with the system. Yeah, that's right, a Logitech wireless game controller. I just plugged the receiver into the USB port on the PS3 and it began working instantly. I was able to play 2 player fighting games with my friends using the PC controller and it worked perfectly. My USB keyboard and mouse also worked on the system and this made typing messages and chatting on the system much easier.

I must say that this system surpassed all my expectations. I used to think that you need to spend over $1000 to get this kind of HD entertainment. This PS3 is just as much fun as my gaming PC at just a fraction of the cost (it costs less than I paid for my motherboard or one of my graphics cards or my processor). Netflix, Blu ray movies and HD gaming are just some of the features that make the PS3 worth far more than its price. Also, the use of Blu ray media means that game developers are not constrained by disc size (as with other game consoles). I read about some games being over 40 gigs in size.

If you haven't already bought one of these, don't hesitate. It's the best value for money in the game console arena.
on December 27, 2011
I took a loooong time decinding whether to go with Wii or PS3 (as a software guy I hate Microsoft, so XBox wasn't on the list). Finally I decided to go with PS3 simply because I'm more serious-gamer than a recreational-family-gamer. But when my 2 year old boys grow up a little more I would surely buy a Wii. If you want another reason to go for PS3 instead of XBox it's the built-in Blu-ray player.
For my overall setup I have LG 42LV3700 42-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV connected to PS3 via HDMI cable ($2 off ebay) and both of these connected to NETGEAR N750 450 Mbps Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR4000 and finally I have a LaCie Starck 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive 301892connected to my router. Everything works great. PS3 can stream contents from my USB HDD via DLNA to the TV (TV itself can also do that, but if your TV isn't WiFi enabled then you can use this).

So the way my setup works is I download from internet using my laptop, copy it to USB HDD (viz connected to router) wirelessly, and play it on the TV via PS3. All this without changing a connection and mostly wireless-ly.

Everyone knows this is a great gaming console. Got a great BlackFriday deal $200 for 120GB console + 2 games. I'm more into Strategy and TPS kinda games so I'll probably sell the games someday. I bought Sonic Generations and Assasin's Creed II. Both are great.

+++ :) :) :)
- Great gaming console for serious gamers.
- A Blu-ray player.
- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon streaming.
- DLNA.
- Browser that plays flvs!
- Works with USB keyboard!

--- :( :( :(
- You'll have to shell out few extra bucks for extras if you want multi-player gaming (either the extra Controllers and/or PS Move bundle and/or Playstation Network). I've had enough fun playing single players like Assasin's Creed.
- Had to buy a cheap $2 HD cable, com'on they could've put one in!
- Had an issue with the display (nothing was coming on screen), heard it's a common issue with a simple soln (from standby, keep the power button pressed until you hear 2 beeps, a few seconds apart). Happened only once so far.
- The way your music is organized is odd. You copy all your songs onto PS3, but PS3 hides where they go, so you have no folder structure, etc; it does that by itself. Given all the mp3s I have most end up in "unsorted" or "untitled" due to missing extra info in teh file. It's a pain to even create a play-list. Unless of course you've "bought" the music, in which case you'll have all the extra info and probably the built-in organizer would work fine. Add to it the fact that you can't add songs from DLNA server to a play-list. Anyway, I just goto Pandora.com uisng the browser for my evening dose of music. :)
on December 27, 2011
(This is about the $200 holiday price point of this bundle.) It took long enough. Or maybe I'm just old school...or even plain crusty. I grew up on consoles, and up until the last couple of generations I was a faithful console maker's dream. The console wars in the last decade though haven't had the same result that they've had for the 20+ years before. The race for realism has kept price points significantly higher for the last couple of generations. *Significantly*. I'm sorry, but competition is supposed to benefit the majority of consumers, not put the majority of them out of the market. I'm just not going to pay significantly more than $200 for a console. It's just not going to happen. The price point worked fine for well over twenty years. It should continue to do so. I don't care about corporate visions of complete comprehensive entertainment devices. That's a nice bonus, but I care about consoles that play games, and I don't care to spend more for something extra glued to it that I can buy specialized hardware for instead.

So this last holiday season I went into it thinking the same thing: speak with my money. Only sales had something different to say, and for the first time this year it wasn't just in terms of price but also availability--I could actually reasonably expect to pick up a console for a decent price. So I did. I'm glad I did, too. I'm not going to gush here, because honestly this was the price point that should have happened within a couple of years of release. A console offered for around $200 with a controller and a game or two is how it should be. And that's what this is.
on November 28, 2011
I've been one of those people who have put off getting a PS3 because of it's price tag. Most games I'd play on it are also available on Xbox 360, and the Blu-Ray player isn't something I'm very worried about. But when I saw the price of this bundle in all the sales ad I was sold. I knew I had to have one.

Thanksgiving night I waited for 2 hours in a line outside toys r us, just to get inside and wait over an hour inside for there to be no PS3 bundles left.
My boyfriend and I went home and decided to hit up Kmart when it opened at 5 am. We waited outside in line for over 3 hours because we were determined to get one of these.
While waiting we were browsing the internet on my laptop and discovered this deal on Amazon. I was kicking myself for not thinking of it earlier. Luckily there were still some available, and I got one! Since we'd already waited so long at K-mart we stayed in line and bought one in store as well, so we didn't have to wait to play it. So now we've got one to sell and the one set up at home that we've already had so much fun with.

Someone else mentioned the vertical stand being pictured on the box, and I'm pretty sure it's not actually in there (unless I just passed over it in my excitement), but I wouldn't use it anyway.
The games included are both a lot of fun. I play many more serious games (this weekend I bought COD Black Ops, Rage, Arkham City, and Arkham Asylum for my new PS3), but I think it's nice to be able to sit back and play Little Big Planet for a silly break from the hardcore violent games.
The only thing that could have made this bundle any better would be if it included a second controller, but at this price I'm definitely okay with picking one up separately.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.