Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
A group of former Navy SEALS, the Alpha Pack is a top-secret team of wolf shifters with Psy powers combating the greatest dangers in the world. But this story isn't about a Navy SEAL this is about a guy from the streets coming into power and how a woman saves his life pretty much. For those who may of never had a rough life you may not relate to this story as those of us who have. This story is about a panther shifter and sorcerer named Kalen Black who lived on the streets doing whatever it took to survive so that isn't a pretty story. But he becomes a very important part of the team and the story line.

This one is all about him. Dark powers, a bad attitude pretty much tells you all about Kalen Black. AS you read about him and his life you really got to put yourself into his shoes to really enjoy this story. His abilities take him so far into the dark parts of his power that if a female had not been there, he would of never done what he does at the end of the book. I read the whole book all at one sitting and enjoy it enough to buy the whole series! The next book the series is Savage Awakening: An Alpha Pack Novel You pretty much need to read the books in the order they had been written.
on August 18, 2017
We often wonder what made the truly awful villains the way they are. Here it was just a lack of people offering a helping hand. Including someone, wishing them a happy birthday, helping someone to belong, a kind word, in this story left a dark crack in a person's soul. Evil takes root and it is a hard battle to overcome it. This is not so much a romance as a redemption of a lost, cast aside soul. Both horrifying and touching in its simplicity.
on January 2, 2015
This is book #3 of the series, and these need to probably be read in order. In any case, don't start with this one or you will likely be lost.

This is the story of MacKenzie Grant and Kalen. Their romance actually starts as a novella in the series, 1.5 I believe. I felt then and do now that it should have just been a prologue or incorporated in this book somehow. Regardless, read it close to the time of this one so you recall it. It is short and is just the scene of their relationship start, though this book does tell a little of it.

Mac is a doctor at the compound, and Kalen appears in book 1 of the series, a young (23 I believe) sorcerer and panther shifter. He helps the team in the first book and becomes part of the team yet never really feels a part of it due to his growing up years, which were traumatic, truly heartbreaking honestly. In this we find out more of his heritage, and the entire book is about that as he struggles with whether he will finally land on the side of good or evil in terms of his magic and powers, which are much stronger than most of the team based on this book. There are some surprises too.

This book lost one star from me because the back and forth on good and evil actually dragged a bit in the middle there, strange as it is to say that because really how can an intense struggle between good and evil get boring, but it did. There were also some funny and some incredibly tender and sweet moments in this one, so 4 stars overall, and love the series.
on November 6, 2014
Reading the first book I saw a good series being written. I enjoyed the characters, and some are "characters", the good mix of action, humor and sassy banter.
This story felt repetitive.
Maybe glossary could be included, like in Black Dagger Brotherhood series, to give general background of character and events.
Missing is the banter that kept other stories from being so gloomy ( I skimmed parts b/c I couldn't read it).
There were too many "huh?" moments that distracted me from truly enjoying this series.

SPOILERS:

1. Why did they leave Kalen alone if they knew Malik was contacting him?
2. I didn't feel like Kalen and Mac connected, didn't feel the love.
3. Previous books also has too many holes but I was hoping writing would've gotten better.

Not sure I want to purchase remaining books. Definitely going to read reviews beforehand. Especially for the price of each book.
on May 4, 2014
I have read the first three books in the Alpha Pack series and really enjoyed them. I love all the alpha heroes in the series. This story was a little different than the first two stories in that Mackenzie and Kalen met in earlier books. There was a novella that I did not read and I wish that had been included in this story. I did like that the book did go over what had happened in the novella but I still felt like I missed some of the relationship development. I liked both main characters and thought that Kalen and Mackenzie complimented each other. Kalen had had a hard life with very little love and Mackenzie was the woman to finally give him love. It was hard to read about Kalen being tormented by the evil Malik through mind games. The writing kept me interested not only in the main characters but in all the heroes in the Alpha Pack. I have already bought the next two books in the series and see that Nick's story will be coming out soon... I will be very interested to read his story. Great paranormal shifter series!
on December 6, 2012
We finally got Kalen's story. The premonition that we saw Nick have in the first book finally came to be. But was Kalen on the side of evil or good in the final showdown. Was his bondmate Mackenzie's love enough to save him.

This was a great addition to the Alpha Pack series. We met Kalen in the first book and never knew which side he was going to end up on. His past had planted many evil seeds in his soul. Its been a journey watching him grow with the Team and come to care for them but still feel like an outsider. The one true light in his dark world was always Mackenzie.

There were a lot of surprises in this book about Kaden and his past and where he came from.

This series needs to be read in order to understand what goes on in this book. I look forward to reading many more books in this series.
on December 28, 2012
I love this series. Kalens story didn't let me down. Others have called him a whinner and didn't like Mac. They have their opinions but I almost didn't buy it because of their reviews. I'm so glad I did. I loved Kalens struggle with the evil he had to endure and the insight into his past. Such a lonely life, with abuse in many forms. The sex was hot at times and others alittle unrealistic with the dirty talk. It didn't fit Mac but I can see why the author put it in. She loved bad boys and dirty talking during sex was her way of being bad. The action with the alaph pack is always amazing and didn't let us down this time either. Build up to the end was tense. Loved loved loved this book.
on November 5, 2013
I really like this series. Very suspenseful. This book though was so dark and ugly that it was difficult for me to get through.

Fantastic writing, the reader is right there with full sights, sounds and scents expressed and I couldn't put it down even though it was not easy to read.

The couple in this book was extremely immature, some issues between them were basically stupid, adolescent issues and it was difficult to understand how Mac is a trained psychologist but acted like a 12 year old most of the time. Ugh.

I lLOVED the last few pages, after they resolved the issues and were good
on December 27, 2012
I loved the first two books, but this one seemed to fall a little short. Kalen Black is fighting to keep the light within himself, in order to fight Malik, the Unseeligh Darkness. He falls in love with Mac, which seems to ground him from Malik, but he's always drawn toward his darkness, for good reason that is revealed.
I guess, my main problem with this book, is how easily he flip flops from one side and back again. He's bad, then easily turns good again, back and forth through the book. The end was almost too easy. It wasn't a bad story, and wraps up the quest from the other two books, so is worth reading. The group of characters are interesting, so new perils and loves are awaiting.
on August 6, 2015
SPOILERS! I'm so disappointed in this book. Kalen was such a drama queen during the whole book with his woe is me rutine and Mac was weak and stupid. What kind of mother goes traipsing in the forest when there is evil waiting while she's carrying her first baby? Is she nuts? I would've liked a female lead a little bit more tough and realistic.