Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shawn Colvin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Black Is the New White
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 4, 2015
I purchased this book for my Mom. She absolutely loved it. She's not too familiar with Paul Mooney but she knows Richard Pryor. She really enjoyed the part about the guy in the church having a heart attack and people thought he had the Holy Ghost and they walked past him saying "Amen Brother"..

It cracks me up to hear my mother tell it.

She gives it 4 out 5 stars.
on August 31, 2017
I simply love Paul Mooney. I enjoyed the writing style and the commentary of notable people who were around him.
on April 27, 2017
Loving this book. Great history of the life of Mooney.
on April 11, 2016
Love Paul but the book is surprisingly amateurish, especially for a seasoned writer. That said, it wasn't a bad read and some parts were incisive and insightful.
on February 19, 2018
Nice Read
on January 25, 2017
A nice memoir that reveals facts I did not know, regarding Mooney and Pryor's relationship. Lacking substance.
on September 26, 2017
a fun read. It was a window into the mind of a very funny man.
on February 9, 2018
Good very enlightening and very entertaining. Great friendships last forever . He is the ultimate comic and i have always loved him. Don't ever change.
on September 13, 2017
very interesting.
on February 11, 2010
This was a very interesting read, I was laughing at Paul Mooney's take on situations and racial observations. I really never knew what Paul Mooney was all about other then an angry black guy, but really this book was a great read. His relationship with Richard Pryor to his encounters with other celebs, it really taught me about comedy acts/bits/characters/jokes I found funny. It had me researching on youtube and the web on bits he wrote. I get it now. Paul Mooney is a comic legend under-rated and I respect him for what he does and how he did it.