Black Rubberized Protector Case for LG Octane VN530
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Form-fitting front and back hard plastic covers
- Soft touch rubberized finish; Protects your cell phone without adding a lot of bulk
- Snaps on to the front edges, sides and back of the phone
- Allows access to all functions.
- Compatible with LG Octane VN530
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Protect and personalize your LG Octane cell phone with this front and back rubberized Protector Case.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* Fit like a glove, easy to install. Just snaps on, then you open the phone and push the edges and they snap into place, too. Effortless. Terrific fit around the keys and screen and other access areas; doesn't look like some cheap add-on.
* Attractive. I actually like the look better with the black mat finish in place of the shiny silver.
* Haven't dropped it yet, and hope I don't, but the case looks like it would absorb a fair amount of impact and cushion the phone.
CONS (I don't consider these aren't deal breakers, more a case of personal esthetics)
* The "rubberized" coating isn't really rubberish. It feels good in your hand, but it doesn't make a different on any surface when it comes to stopping or minimizing the tendency of the phone to slide.
* The thickness of the case prevents the use of a snap-on holster, which I prefer for fast access. But I knew this from their honest product subscription, so I can't say I was surprised. But I really miss the holster.
* The added thickness makes the case slightly bulkier, which some people might like. Personally, the slimmer and thinner the better.
The case has protected my phone from a couple of drops so far. Did get a small nick on the cover and the plastic underneath is white but a little touchup with a black Sharpie took care of that.
It does appear a bit flimsy and I can see where the tabs will be the weak points. I may buy another one as a back up since they are so inexpensive. I have no complaints at this time with this. I've had it about 3 weeks now and taken it on a couple of plane trips and it kept the phone safe from drops at TSA and on the plane.
This case is made of a hard rubber, whereas the one I originally had seemed to be made of two parts. I'm not sure what the correct terminology is, but essentially the rubber form the original case was more like tire rubber; softer, more friction, some elasticity, with what felt like a firmer frame beneath it to hold the shape. That case protected my phone from many drops and bangs. THIS case however is a single piece of hard, and more importantly, BRITTLE rubber.
I was playing with my dog on the floor 2 days after receiving this case and when I rolled over, my keys in my pocket cracked the front part of the case, rendering it unable to stay on the phone. The pressure from rolling on my leg also broke the little tabs that keep the back part attached, rendering that useless as well.
I'm not a heavy person, somewhere between 160-170 pounds. I didn't fall crashing onto my pocket; I simply rolled over while playing with my dog. This is rough housing in its least violent form and this case couldn't even survive THAT. Thankfully this only cost me 2.88, but I still recommend staying away from this; I shudder to think how it would've held up to some of the drops my old case shrugged off.
-PS: if my description of my original case is familiar to you, please link me a place where I can buy that case or one similar :)
Really even if the plastic was of really good quality and actually stayed together, I still wouldn't give this case all 5 stars as some other generous reviewers have. The design of the back is not very well thought out. The back cover is too close to the hinges, preventing you from opening your phone the full 180 degrees when texting. That's a deal breaker in my opinion.
Save yourself a bad purchase and bump up your budget to around $5 at least. The case designs that you'll see on Amazon that cover a bit more of the front of the phone are much higher quality products.
BUT THE Black Rubberized Protector Case for LG Octane VN530 IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!
CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?
THANK YOU, SANDY
Most recent customer reviews