- Weight: 15.84 ounces
BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 Phone, Silver (Verizon Wireless)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Also Shopped For
The BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 combines an industry-leading mobile e-mail and messaging solution with the high-speed connectivity of Verizon Wireless’ broadband network in a popular flip design (see a larger image with a schematic of all the controls).
Verizon Wireless Service
With support for the EV-DO high-speed data standard, you'll enjoy fast access to the Internet and Verizon Wireless multimedia services (additional charges applicable), with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps. (Learn more about where EV-DO coverage is offered.)
With this GPS-enabled phone, you'll be able to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service (additional charges applicable) for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, heads-up alerts, local search of nearly 14 million points of interest in the US (such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs), and detailed color maps. And the Chaperone service lets you easily locate your loved ones from your Verizon Wireless phone or PC in real time. After defining a zone, such as an area designating a school or summer camp, you'll be sent an alert via text message when the Chaperone handset enters or leaves the zone.
Enjoy easy mobile access to Facebook, MySpace and Flickr, as well as popular instant messaging services.
The Mobile Broadband Connect service (subscription required) enables you to use your smartphone as a modem for your notebook when you connect the two using a USB cable--or open a Bluetooth connection--enabling you to access the Internet or your company intranet. The tethered modem capability is ideal when you're traveling and need to use your notebook to check email, access corporate networks, or download large files like presentations and reports. And with Mobile Broadband Connect, you won't have to buy an extra PC Card or other devices.
The BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 presents a sophisticated look with a sleek design and a chrome-finished frame surrounding its smooth, luminescent face. Weighing 3.6 ounces, the Flip has two light-sensing LCD screens--an internal 2.4-inch 65K-color screen (240 x 320-pixel resolution) and an external 65K-color screen with a 128 x 160-pixel resolution. The external LCD makes it easy to preview incoming emails, text messages and phone calls without opening the handset. It can also display currently playing music track information, and the screen darkens after a pre-assigned time-out duration. The phone has an internal 128 MB memory, which can be expanded via MicroSD/MicroSDHC memory cards up to 16 GB in size.
Opening up the clamshell reveals the Pearl Flip's unique alpha-numeric keypad, which has been brough over from BlackBerry's popular Pearl models. Each button on the keypad shares two letters and the unit automatically determines which letter is the intended one based on what it predicts you are trying to spell. This unique predictive text technology, known as SureType, makes the Pearl Flip's diminutive size possible. SureType also learns the words you use most often, further enhancing your typing speed.
With BlackBerry push technology, you don't need to retrieve your e-mail. BlackBerry devices are designed to remain on and continuously connected to the wireless network, allowing you to be discreetly notified as new e-mail arrives. Support is also built-in for viewing e-mail attachments (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, and PDF formats).
You'll be able to easily access up to 10 supported personal and work email accounts, send and receive text and instant messages, and connect on popular social networking sites with friends, family and co-workers. The Pearl Flip is supported on BlackBerry Internet Service, BlackBerry Unite!, BlackBerry Professional Software and BlackBerry Enterprise Server, which provides tight integration with corporate email systems.
Surf the Internet with the BlackBerry Browser, which includes a "Page View" option that displays a full web page on the screen along with a magnifying glass that allows the user to quickly and accurately point and zoom in on a specific area of the web page. It also provides quicker access to Bookmarks and History.
Other features include Bluetooth stereo music streaming, multi-format digital audio player, and MicroSD memory expansion to 16 GB.
With an advanced media player for displaying pictures, listening to music and watching videos, the Flip is the perfect on-the-go entertainment center. Videos play smoothly on the large internal display, playlists can be managed directly on the handset, and there's an equalizer with 11 preset filters.
The 2-megapixel camera features a 5x digital zoom and flash as well as your choice of three picture sizes and qualities and white balance settings. You can also capture video clips in two formats--normal and small for sending via MMS.
Other features include:
- Support for BlackBerry App World, featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for the BlackBerry Pearl Flip. Categories include games, entertainment, social networking and sharing, news and weather, productivity and much more.
- Easy mobile access to Facebook, MySpace and Flickr, as well as popular instant messaging services (e.g. Yahoo! IM, AIM, Google Talk and Windows Live Messenger)
- BlackBerry Media Sync allows for easy syncing of music collections to the BlackBerry Pearl Flip (certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies)
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Password protection, keyboard lock and sleep mode
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4/T4
- Bluetooth version 2.0 with the following profiles: A2DP (stereo music streaming), AVRC (remote control), HFP (hands-free car kits), HSP (communication headsets), DUN (dial-up networking), PBA (transfer contacts)
The BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 weighs 3.6 ounces and measures 2.0 x 3.9 x 0.7 inches. Its 900 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3.7 hours (220 minutes) of talk time, and up to 216 hours (9 days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as Verizon's EV-DO 3G frequencies.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution (requires company IT involvement) is a flexible, IT-friendly solution that provides mobile users with secure wireless access to their enterprise email and business critical applications (including Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes or Novell GroupWise). The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution allows mobile users to access communications and information wirelessly, including:
- Messaging and Collaboration Tools: Proven BlackBerry technology makes it easy for mobile workers to stay connected with colleagues and information.
- Email: Wirelessly extends existing enterprise email using automatic BlackBerry push delivery.
- Personal Information Management: Complete wireless synchronization of calendar, address book, tasks and notes keeps mobile workers up-to-date.
- Enterprise Data: Wirelessly enables enterprise applications, intranets, data stores and back-end systems, including customer relationship management (CRM), sales force automation (SFA), field service automation (FSA), network and systems management (NSM), business intelligence and more.
- Personal Productivity Tools: With the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution, users gain seamless access to information using best-in-class wireless devices that integrate phone, web, SMS and more.
Top Customer Reviews
This is not a good phone for you if you're the type that's on the internet a lot, sending a ton of emails, etc. However, if you want a small convenient phone with all your contacts and schedule from work and still primary purpose is a phone, then this is the one for you.
Hurry though. I was told by Verizon that they're phasing these out.