Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 1, 2014
I've been trying to find an alternative to the typical camera strap, so I thought I would try the Black Rapid concept. However, after reading a number of horror stories about cameras falling off the strap, I decided to get a little "insurance."

The carabiner that comes with the BR strap has a screw-sleeve that screws down over the clip end to secure it in place and prevent accidental opening of the carabiner (you know this already if you have a BR strap). Really, the likelihood of the sleeve coming completely unscrewed and then somehow doing something to open the carabiner and have your camera fall off is really unlikely. Not impossible, just highly unlikely (it's more likely your camera will come unscrewed form the attachment bolt). That being said, having several thousand dollars worth of equipment hanging from a single carabiner, this a small price to pay for another bit of piece of mind. I have no idea what the scratching issue is, but if I've cured something else by getting it, great.

The quality is good, fitting very securely over the carabiner and the sleeve when in the lock position. It's made from a tough nylon-like plastic, with a little give that enables easy but secure locking. I doubt it will break in normal use. So far in use it has done what it's advertised to do (which, admittedly, is a pretty low bar) and it actually looks nice, too.

And I have a second one for a friend or for whatever.
on September 16, 2017
Owners of the original Black Rapid straps should consider this inexpensive accessory. This is a safety lock for the carabiner that connects the strap to the camera plate lock. It adds a belt to the suspenders, and I think it makes it practically impossible for the carabiner to loosen and open. Frankly, it should be included with purchase of a BR strap, but it wasn't, so... Some have complained of BR connectors loosening, potentially resulting in a dropped camera. I have not had this happen, but I make a point of tightening all connections before each use. Any connection can loosen and it's incumbent on the user to check them.
on September 20, 2017
This is a great little addition to help you ensure that you don't have accidental drops. Not only does it keep the screw lock from coming loose, but it also ensures that you have the lock threaded completely before it will fit into place.

I am always on the run with my gear and it is nice to have this lock as an additional safety feature. I even zip-line with my camera dangling from my Black Rapid sports strap when using this lock because I know it will not come undone.
on January 15, 2015
These are a must have for anyone that uses the BlackRapid Camera Straps. I have been using the Black Rapid straps on my cameras for many years and my greatest concern with the product is the fact the clip becomes loose. I am always in a habit of checking the strap and clip to ensure they are tight but after a good friend had one of his cameras come loose from the strap when the clip opened, I immediately began a search for a solution. (I gave a set of these clips to my buddy.) I am an event/wedding/portrait photographer. :D
on July 17, 2016
I was hiking Angel's Landing in Zion National Park a few weeks ago. My Black Rapid carabiner came uncliped and my camera nearly feel 1600FT to its doom. Fortunately, I had my hand on it at the time. I purchased this (and a backup means to secure it to the strap) and it feels much more secure.
on August 5, 2016
This part works great for what it does. However, we bought it because the description of the BlackRapid RRS-1BB Sport (RS-Sport) (Black) made it sound like it wasn't included, but the strap does come with one. We now have two spares. I do like using this in conjunction with the strap's locking carabiner; extra security though it's hard to imagine the carbiner failing. Mainly it just removes sharp edges.
on September 15, 2017
Pricey as heck for a little piece of plastic, but worth it for the added safety when helping hold thousands of dollars worth of gear.
on December 2, 2016
This clip worked perfectly for added protection when using my Black Rapid strap. I definitely recommend having one. As a side note I had issues with the clip unrelated to this Lock Star. Black Rapid was amazing in working to resolve the issue. No hassles just amazing customer service! In my opinion they went above and beyond to stand behind their product. If you are looking for a new camera strap check out Black Rapid. You will not be disappointed.
on October 4, 2016
I'm pretty sure BlackRapid includes these with their straps, but I must have thrown mine away by accident. So I bought these.

They're fine. They're plastic, so they have some give in them. They're certainly not exciting or interesting, but they gave me confidence, knowing that the connector wouldn't work its way loose. It's worth the small expense to know that my camera won't come crashing down.
on January 21, 2017
Easily worth the peace of mind.