Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BlackRapid RMA-10B Brad (Black)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on July 23, 2010
I love my black rapid strap, liked it so much that I assumed all their products would be just as good. Got the brad strap and hooked it up according to instructions on black rapid web site. In order for it to work the way they said it would work I had make it so tight that it made the strap uncomfortable so I say buy the camera strap, skip the brad strap.
on September 27, 2010
A few months ago, I bought the Black Rapid RS7 Strap, and was almost very happy with it. The down side is that the strap would sometimes ride up when I swung the camera up to my eye. I bought the Arm Defense strap, and Lo! it solved my one minus point! A very comfortable, confident feel when on and adjusted. A minor downside is that it's a bit fussier to get on and in place. I wouldn't recommend it if you're going to be taking the strap on and off - especially if you're in a hurry.

All in all, it's a very worthwhile - and inexpensive - accessory. If you have an RS7 strap and like it; this is a must. If you are thinking of getting the main strap, get this along with it. Either way, you won't regret it.
on July 17, 2012
This little strap is what it is, an extra length of nylon for an already excessive camera strap. But it makes that excessive camera strap much more useful and about 2x as "tactical" from a style perspective, which is awesome.

If you bought a Black Rapid camera strap you're probably considering this for two reasons: to make your strap more useful, and to look like a bad-ass when you're wearing a camera. YMMV, but I think it does both.

I like my rs-5 way more now, even if it's little more unwieldy to put on quickly.

So I love it, but minus 1 star for being a nylon strap with plastic buckles that costs as much as I paid for Rage Against The Machine's "Evil Empire" when I bought it from the Musicland at the mall while skipping 5th period Japanese II; the nerve of them! That album changed my teenage life, but this strap just straps things together. I guess it's worth it though.
on June 28, 2011
I purchased the R4 strap and the first couple of times I used it I had no issues with the shoulder pad sliding forward. Eventually, though, I found that the shoulder strap would slip forward not only when shooting from unorthodox positions, but during normal photography as well. It may not bother someone to simply move the shoulder pad back onto your shoulder, but it's an extra step that I'm not pleased with having to do. So I tried the BRAD and do not have the shoulder pad sliding issue. Note that the addition of the BRAD does add extra strap bulk if you have a compact or limited room camera case. If you're annoyed with the shoulder pad sliding on your Black Rapid strap, then this will help.
on July 9, 2012
You will like your BlackRapid straps without this, but you wont LOVE it. Having this sort of harness was a must for me. I previously used my own DIY buckle system, which worked, but not as well as the BRAD clip. I love that there is a part of this which is elastic. Did not expect that. Very nice product, -1 star for being almost 20 bucks for such a short strap :|
on December 18, 2011
I've been using the Black Rapid system for six months and find it to be very utilitarian. It certainly helps better distribute the weight of camera and lens when walking about in search of photographic opportunities. While the BRAD is pricey, I find it necessary to "complete" the system. Using the BRAD helps keep the shoulder strap in place when sliding the camera up into position to take a photo. I would recommend this strap to anyone using the Black Rapid system.
on August 14, 2013
I love the idea behind this but it's a bit awkward for women to wear. I had a male friend of mine try it out and it works great! I didn't want to give this item a bad review just because I didn't do proper research on this item. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and if having a strap run across your breast is not going to be a bother I recommend this strap. I bought the BlackRapid camera strap made for women which is cut a little differently and curves down lower between the breast and that is why I am not able to wear the brad at a higher position on my camera strap causing it to cross at an awkward area. Still going to try and make it work, because I really like the extra support it provides.
on December 30, 2012
My Black Rapid RS-5 camera strap is awesome... BUT, it slides all over the place when i'm shooting and that can really get you into trouble if it slides the wrong way and you quickly try to pull your camera up to shoot! Once i installed the RMA-10B Brad on my strap, problem solved. The strap now doesn't budge at all. If you have trouble with the strap sliding, this is the fix.
on June 1, 2014
I was slow to try a Black Rapid strap, despite the fact that many of my photographer friends used them and swore by them. I finally bought one and really like it for event shooting. (I do not use it for landscape/nature because I use a tripod, and a strap is superfluous and one more thing to get tangled up in.) My only complaint about the Black Rapid was its tendency to slide forward, forcing me to frequently pull it back into place on my shoulder. Enter the Brad: so simple, yet so useful. It completely stabilizes the Black Rapid and keeps it firmly on my shoulder. Installs in under 2 minutes, adjustable and comfortable once in place.
on February 12, 2015
The Brad strap is great. It keeps your BR strap from rotating on your shoulder (As it does 99.9% of the time at least for me). It would get a full 5 stars if it had just one improvement that I feel would make it even easier to use. I use and own a BR double sling and disassemble it to use as single whenever the need arises. When I go back to the double I will have to remove the clip completely from one side otherwise I will have a long length of nylon hanging from my strap and that would be no bueno. If they would add a quick release to both sides, it would be super easy and quick to remove and re-install as needed. Cheap and simple change would make a big difference, to me at least. I may even modify my Brad to do this. It is also a tad spendy for what it is, but you already bought a tad spendy, though comfortable, and sweet strap to put it on.

Oh, and it does in fact work as advertised.