Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on January 31, 2011
"This rack has permanent 3/4" spacers at the axle mounts to accommodate disk brakes and measures 14 1/2" from the deck to the center of the axle. The deck is 5" wide and 13" long. It comes with a mounting kit that includes a 9" long replacement skewer, adjustable hangers to connect to seat stays, and all the necessary nuts and bolts. The kit also includes 2 sets of rubber-coated tube clamps (1/2" and 9/16") for mounting to bikes without threaded bosses on the seat stays." - THAT is a product description.

While specific load capacity is not listed, It looks like it could handle 40 to 50 pounds without a problem. Like all the Blackburn racks I've seen, this one is made well enough that it will last as long as the bike it is put on. This rack does have a lifetime warranty. As the other reviewer noted, it is compatible with their co-pilot child seat. The deck on the rack is about 5" x 13" and so it works with most panniers and is long enough to slide them back some as needed. If the rack were taller and had a solid deck like the MTN racks (to block spray in wet weather), it would be ideal. Unfortunately, it does not fit my bike. That's too bad for me, because in other respects the rack is fine.

While no sizing information was given here, the manufacturers web-site says that this rack will fit "26" and 700c Frames". Since 700c is a wheels size, I read this as "Bicycle frames with 26" and 700c wheels". (A 700c denotes 622mm diameter rim made for clincher tires, originally used with skinny tires that gave a 700mm total diameter.) I have confirmed with tech support that 700c refers to road bikes only. The distance from the wheel skewer (quick release axle)to the rack is only 14 1/2", so a 700c mountain bike tire (29") will rub against the rack. A road bike with fenders may also have an issue. Why not avoid this confusion and simply give the side support bar length instead? Other racks that attach to threaded sites near to the axle drop-outs have a similar sizing issue because there is no standard location for the lower mounting sites either. It seems to me that describing a rack by rim size is just silly.

If you have an adult bike with disk brakes and tires that are less than 29" total and need an axle mount, this is a good choice. Installation should take less than 30 minutes on just about any bike. Call Blackburn for more info. Maybe if enough people bug them, they will put more detail and installation instructions on their web-site. If you have threaded rack mounting sites near your rear wheel drop-outs and up on the seat stays, you might look at the Topeak Explorer for disk. You will have to bug them too for specific sizing information, but they do have installation details on their site. If you don't have threaded sites and are having trouble fitting, or if you have a rear shock, look at Old Man Mountain racks for disc, they're more but they're nice, and they fit 29ers with room to spare.
44 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2013
My bike is a 2013 Giant Revel 1. I bought this rack specifically for a Copilot Taxi kid's seat.
The rack installs easily and feels very solid. Even when riding off-road (not with the kid, of course) the thing hasn't moved. The kid's seat slides on like it should and feels very solid once properly attached.
One concern I have is, I can't find a manufacturers website specifically stating this rack is safe for the kid's seat. Blackburn's website states it is compatible with the Copilot seats but I cannot find Copilot's website stating the same. Either way the seat feels safe enough to me to ride my child around on paved paths.
The only other thing with this rack is it sits really low compared to where my seat is. My kid is pretty much staring at my lower back when riding. This could definitely be due to my bike's geometry and nothing to do specifically with the rack, its just an observation.
on August 11, 2012
This rack is a bargain among axle-mounted panier racks. It fit up very nicely on my cyclo-cross bike with 700x35 tires, but may be a bit tight for 29ers with taller tires. Light weight and very stiff. No noticeable sway. The steel extension tabs that attach to the top seat-stay eyelets were a bit too long, so I cannibalized an old blackburn eyelet mounted rack I had that had shorter straps and it fit up a bit cleaner, although the longer straps would have still worked. The extra-long skewer that comes with it struck me as a bit cheap looking, but it seems to work fine.

For bikes that don't have drop-out eyelets, axle-mounted racks are a much better way to go than seat-post mounted racks, but you do have to remove the skewer completely in order to remove the back wheel.

5 full stars for value.
on September 6, 2015
If you don't have any special needs that this rack doesn't meet, then it is the lightest and best rack out there.
on August 20, 2013
I purchased this rack to replace my rack that was noncompitable with my mtn. bike. The rack is compatible with my co-pilot child bike seat and it was exactly what I needed. Easy to install! So glad I found it!
on February 21, 2015
Perfect for bike rides with the little one. Fits the Co-Pilot Limo seat perfectly.
on June 17, 2015
As advertised, works well, fits like a glove.
on August 27, 2014
Great product, easy to install and now I can easily switch my sons bike seat between my bikes.
on August 13, 2015
Recommend 100%
on March 29, 2013
For quick release hubs. Good basic rack, but not as versatile as the Topeak racks. No cracks or fails with about 6 months of daily loaded riding

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.