Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 140 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 152 reviews
on July 23, 2013
Well, since Blackhawk and 5.11 are very similar in this product and since I've tried both, I though of making a quick comparison between them.

1- Overall looks: they are very similar to each other and it would be really difficult to tell them apart except that Blackhawk looks a little bit sharper because of it's rigid fabric.
2- Fabric: While both use great fabric, 5.11 tend to be lighter and softer, while Blackhawk is a little bit heavier and tougher.
3- Size and Fit: they both run big, however, 5.11 runs a little bit bigger than the Blackhawk but not that much of a difference. (Blackhawk has a slimmer fit)
4- Colors: Both have the same exact colors.
5- Durability: Will update this after wearing them for some time.

Extra factors:-
1- I've tried XL in Blackhawk which is usually my size and it was just too too big. After trying Large, it fit me perfectly but to my surprise the sleeves are just too tight to fit my wrest! I'm a regular person but for some reason the sleeve is almost impossible to roll up so be careful of that. 5.11 doesn't have this problem because the sleeves are loose enough.
2- Blackhawk offers an extra hidden pocket which 5.11 shirt lacks.
on June 5, 2015
Very well made shirt with lots of pockets. Pockets aren't gimmicks, they're well designed and accessible easily. Sleeves have tabs to hold them when rolled up. Under the arm pits are wide panels to offer unrestricted movement - I didn't find any restrictions when backpacking or rock climbing in this. The material is a ripstop, heavier than I expected so it should last well. I haven't had it long enough to say anything about durability, but very well made with quality fabric should last great. The fabric is good in hot weather, breathing well so you don't roast - but it also has some wind stopping, sort of like a partial windbreaker - nice on cool mornings when crawling out of a sleeping bag.

All that is great - so why the 4 stars? Size. All my shirts are mediums and fit perfectly. I ordered a medium in this too, but it's significantly larger than my other shirts. I'd say it's more like a large. I was thinking about exchanging it for a Small, but the small is priced twice what I paid for the Medium, at least right now. So it's a keeper.
on February 17, 2014
This shirt is excellent. It is durable, useful, well designed and priced right.

The only downside is that if you're slim, it's going to be massive on you. I'm 5'8 and 145lbs, athletic build, and the small is still huge. It's like a jacket on me and I would look absurd going to work in it.

I ended up giving it as a Christmas gift to my friend who is 6' and 180lbs, athletic build. It fits him great! He usually wears a medium, but in Blackhawk world, a 6' male is a Small in shirt sizes. Go figure.

Alas, my search for a tactical shirt that fits a slim build continues...
on September 23, 2016
Well made of good material in Indonesia. Except for one thing: The wrists are absurdly comically small! You have to unbutton them to get your hands through! Once unbuttoned all is normal. Fit is OK. Made of cotton-poly ripstop and triple sewn. A good sturdy shirt. Cheap enough that I won't return it. Ideal for a cheap expendable cover-up while traveling. My backpack straps won't blow out the shoulder seams!
on January 28, 2015
I have other, short sleeve versions of this shirt that i really like. Like those, all the features are the same and i really like the shirt. Except one MAJOR flaw. The sleeve diameter is WAY too small, even in the 2XL size i bought. I am by no means a muscular guy, particularly in the biceps, though i am maybe somewhat larger than average in the wrists and forearms. I can just barely button the cuffs on the largest button. Can't really wear a watch under the cuff. And trying to roll up the sleeves is almost impossible. Since this is a tactical shirt, i would think their main intended audience are tactical operators, who typically are well built in the muscle department. Anyone with any defined biceps would find it impossible. After only wearing it a few times, I am looking for a tailor who can convert it to a short sleeve shirt. Too bad, because these are great, heavy duty shirts. But the long sleeve version sucks.
on June 25, 2012
Considering this is Blackhawk's "Lightweight" tactical shirt, I was expecting something a bit thinner/lighter. When the shirt arrived I was really surprised to discover how thick the material is. I think I'd get really warm in this thing really fast even though there are some vents here and there, and the cut is quite generous. In fact, I think there was actually too much room given, and so I didn't much care for the fit in the end. In the provided picture, the shirt obviously looks right at home on their model, but I am far too short to pull it off like that. The only way I could have worn it is tucked-in. I believe that's what Blackhawk intended, hence the longer length, but I'm also shorter than average so it didn't quite work for me. It's disappointing, because I like a lot of Blackhawk stuff and the shirt had some great features. Lots of pockets and hidden storage, and the sunglasses loop on the chest pocket is a nice touch. If you don't mind the extra weight of its poly/cotton ripstop material, and the shirt fits you correctly, then it'd definitely be a fine choice. I would have given it 3.5 stars if possible but I don't think it deserved to be branded with only 3, so I bumped it up to 4 stars due to its quality construction. I can't fault the shirt in that regard, nor can I blame it too much for being overly long and baggy on a smaller-than-average guy. Though according to their size chart, it should have been just right in every dimension except length (which was not listed). The neck was perfect, which does make me think that it was "maybe" supposed to be that baggy. Either way I think 4/5 stars is appropriate here.
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2014
Really nice rugged quality. Sharp, but not that military look. I am 6'3'' athletic and the M is a perfect fit, except I cannot button the last one (neck), but I don't think anyone would want to do that with that kind of shirt at all.

When it arrived, I ordered 3 more. Long and short sleeve ones are identical in sizing.

For the people worried about heat: I wear it in Costa Rica and I don't have a problem, but I am not the kind who has the AC cranked to 20C and still sweating. At the beach probably it would be on the warm side.

In the rain: I walked out in pouring raing (not miles, just entrance to car, etc) and surprisingly didn't get wet at all - pants soaked, shirt just ran everything down. That said : it is not a rain jacket, but a light rain, or a dash to the entrance from your car won't leave you looking like a wet rug in these.

Length: the M fits my arms perfectly and I am a bike riding gorilla with boxers' arms. In ther words: I have long arms even for a 6'3'' guy, and they are just the perfect fit. They are a bit tight when folding them up, but once they are up, they are OK.
on May 28, 2015
As many of the others have mentioned. The shirt size runs about one size large and if you are buying this as a year round shirt having the option to roll up the sleeves you can pretty much forget that option. The opening of the sleeve will allow maybe two turns as to being rolled up. We are talking just above your wrist before it becomes too tight on your arm to roll any higher.
Quality of the shirt appears to be very well designed and constructed and should bring a few years of use. Almost as many pockets as a pair of cargo pants.
Would I purchase another, sure. But now I know it is not a year round adaptable sleeved shirt.
on February 10, 2014
This is a mixed review because i can't fault the shirt for its intended ruggedness, just that it's not quite what i was hoping for. the shirt's ripstop material reminds me of some gym bags that i've owned. it's pretty strong and the stitching looks good. the issue is that for a 'lightweight' shirt it's a little heavy. i bought this as a travel shirt and the stiffness of the fabric is not quite to my taste. also, the cut doesn't taper like it seems to on the model (my guess is that they pinned it in the back for the photo). i'm a typical 'medium' and while the shoulders were a good fit, i felt like there were a few inches too much material in the torso. it may just be the way this stiffer material hangs compared to other shirts rather than actual cut. from a utilitarian point of view, as an over-shirt or uniform it's probably good unless you run warm in which case you may want something more breathable. i thought about sending it back since i don't think i'll use it for traveling, but i've decided to keep it as i don't have anything else that seems this rugged and it should be a good (stain resistant) work shirt.
on August 11, 2015
My favorite long sleeve shirt hands down. Though this is considered "lightweight", I run hot and have a hard time wearing it once in the mid 70s. The material, while a bit stiff initially keeps it's color well after washing. The pockets and the versatility they provide are amazing. I travel abroad and having quick access to documents, passport, cash and other essentials is a bonus. My favorite features are the sunglass loops on the pocket flaps and the shoulder pocket.

Fit runs true to size if not a little large. I'm 5' 10" and 220# with a muscular yet not lean build ( 36 " waist ) and the XL allows plenty of room. In fact it fits my shoulders and that's a rarity.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.