Spring Deals Automotive Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on September 2, 2013
I can't say I enjoyed the bookhowever it is hard to dispute the case that Mrs. Borelli makes. I have often believed that the government is mostly responsible for the plight of African Americans and others in our society. I also agree that entitlements are akin to slavery and once your are accustomed to them it is hard to shake the addiction. I do believe the government should help those that can't help themselves but that is where it should stop. Mrs. Borelli also makes the point that those who award these entitlements do so for their own sake and that is to remain in power, they have little regard other than their own interests. I didn't realize how bad Jesse Jackson really was until I read this book, I never thought much of him but he is extorting the system and is quite barrier to the progress of African Americans. I always am amused at the main stream media when they portray the Tea Party as racist. I went to one Tea Part event and half of the speakers were African American. If you look at the cities that are the worst for minorities you will find them being run by liberals, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago etc. the liberals do not want what is best for minorities they want to remain in power. There was very little that I didn't agree with in this book, and I hope for all of our sakes that we can improve the chances of success for all Americans, the current path we are on will not provide the means.
on March 7, 2017
Deneen is a refreshing viewpoint. Though this book was very relative in the first year of being published, I find that most of the topics can still hit home today in 2017. There is no shock value left out there - we've see the craziest things happen since 2008. In this fast paced world it has never been MORE IMPORTANT to have the ability to cut through all the distraction and get to the matters. Bravo Deneen.
on February 7, 2015
This was written by someone who is active in breaking the stereo-type of all blacks must be liberal. She has been the bunt of name calling because she is conservative and speaks up. Enlightening of what Deneen has gone through and how tough she is!
on April 28, 2013
Today in the United States of America, it is good to see someone who is knowledgeable, courageous, and taking action with determination. When you put biases aside, this gal knows her stuff. She loves this country and loves the people in it. She has not held back from saying what needs to be said. Bravo Deneen Borelli ! She has not only taken it upon herself to learn but to get involved. So many of us are prone to lip service without action. We need to quit turning our heads and hoping this mess in our country will go away, or looking to government to solve all our problems. There is already a huge problem with spending that cannot support the current burden much less additional burden. We all need to get some of the "Gumption" exhibited by this author so we can avoid the government plantation.
on July 24, 2013
Deneen isn't a breath of fresh air: she is the oxygen that makes the air work again.
Not reading this book, after all these recent attempts to decimate, not just divide, our nation, is to suffocate in the pollution of intentionally poisoned airwaves.

I'm not summarizing the book: I'm trying to get everyone I know to buy it and just give intelligence a chance.

If I needed a new friend, Deneen would be it. Please don't talk her into running for office: leave her in the media and give her more air time.
on May 11, 2012
I would like to start off by saying that there is some confusion with some of the negative reviewers on this book. Now, whether it was that Deneen Borelli's message was lost in translation or you just didn't read the book, I think it needs to be clarified that - while she may be conservative - she is a black woman, which means that she is just as much aware of what her ancestors went through for her to receive the freedom she and all other minorities possess today.

In the book, she speaks of how she has been cast out by other minorities because the idea has been drilled into their heads that - if you are of minority descent - you are SUPPOSED to vote Democrat. I am a minority, and I too am of the Conservative mindset, and I shame those who think Mrs. Borelli, myself and anyone else in our position are traitors to our own race for believing in the preservation of our freedoms.

Many of you against this book are most likely operating from a liberal mindset, and that is fine, to each his own. That being said, do not assume that she is strictly pointing the finger at the Democrats and no one else. She makes it clear that it is not a matter of party politics: it is politics PERIOD that is ruining this country. What she contends - and I side with her on this - is that the minority (Blacks in particular) are receiving a raw deal as a result of the established entitlements.

I grew up in the Northeast, and naturally jumped on the Liberal bandwagon, but I was not always sure if that was the right position to take. I mean, how could I decide if I didn't know anything about opposing views. Everywhere you go, you find different interpretations of history. It makes one wonder if there is ever such a thing as an unbiased truth. Well, I learned if you read enough from all sides, eventually you pick up on what is consistent from all stories: resulting in the truth.

Well, I think I walked a similar path - albeit less arduous and emotionally challenging - to Mrs. Borelli. I too believe that everyone should be granted the opportunity to succeed. What many confuse the word "opportunity" with is a guarantee. You deserve a chance just like anyone else to get what you want, but it DOES NOT mean you will get it. I learned that many Liberals feel as though they are "entitled" to things despite not working for them. I do not blame them for possessing this mindset as it is the people appointed over them that have influenced and brainwashed them into believing that they are owed some kind of debt as compensation for something that was suffered by people from 2, 3, and 4 generations ago.

Mrs. Borelli is a dedicated activist with the most genuine of intentions: to help the same people who chastize her to remove themselves from the "government plantation" and become truly free. She does not want the minority community to settle with living in a shadow of entitlements and collecting "Obamabucks", forever keeping them in a life of servitude and to depend on Nanny State politics to save them.

Again, to those of you who openly lash out at Mrs. Borelli, remember she is working for your freedom. She is fighting for your success, as well as the millions of minorities in the future. I can tell you right now, she is so much more of a guiding light than the Sharpton, Jackson, and others COMBINED!
2020 comments| 265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 28, 2015
Love this lady with guts and honesty lacking in "media" to a large extent.
on February 5, 2016
Deneen Borelli proves to us that the government of today is the equivalent of the plantations of long ago, and that we, the American people are the voluntary slaves on this new plantation. Read this book, even years later, because you'll be amazed at how every word still rings true
on March 17, 2017
This book is so spot on in so many different areas. Deneen Borelli should be the first female President of the United States!
on November 2, 2015
Great book. Every Every Black American needs to read this book! People need to wake up and this book along with some others will focus your attention on how we are being used...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse