Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price set by seller.
The Blackmailed Bride (Love Inspired Historical) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
In general, it is well written and has some funny parts. It is clean and the main character has a nice spiritual awakening. I had considered giving it three stars, but I thought that wasn't quite fair since I would hate any book with this style of plot.
Lady Olivia who shares a home with her brother Marcus is being blackmailed into marrying Lord Finley a jerk because he has some information on her mother's death that would be detrimental to her and her brother. She agrees to marry the guy for his silence. He doesn't really love her, he just wants to control her and the money that will come to the marriage. I am not saying anything that won't be found out very early on in the book.
Nick, best friend to Marcus, Olivia's brother agrees to watch over her knowing Finley is a danger. He has feelings for her and thinks she is a beauty with a good soul. However, Olivia's desire to keep her promise and marry Finley makes for a tedious read. They guy mistreats her and she is ever thinking only of how news of her mother will affect her brother's future. Forget about the fact that Finley makes her skin crawl ...how selfless of her.
The good news is that when I was getting ready to delete this book from my kindle it got better and things were coming to a head. I just wish there was an epilogue that would at least give us insight to a happy future and not turmoil that ended at the same time the storyline did.
I loved this book, it was one I had looked at several times before I actually bought it and boy was I glad I did. I love all the characters, I love the relationship between Lady Olivia and Marcus, you don't always see siblings portrayed as being so close, and of course I love Nick and his determination to win over Lady Olivia! I am so excited for Engaging the Earl to come out I can hardly wait! I look forward to many more books from Mandy!
Most recent customer reviews
The tangled tale is spun with both the fragile and strong steps building a relationship of true love..Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Historical
- Books > Romance > Regency
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Regency