|Item Weight||4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.9 x 0.6 x 8.3 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||103888|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PENCILS WITH HERITAGE – First created in the 1930’s, Blackwing built a cult following that included John Steinbeck and Chuck Jones, who proudly used Blackwing pencils to create Bugs Bunny and many other Looney Tunes characters. Discontinued in the 1990’s, we revived the Blackwing brand in 2010 for a new generation of artists, writers, musicians, and others seeking a more natural existence.
- EXTRA-SMOOTH COLOR CORE – Blackwing’s colored pencil set consists of 12 different pencils, each with an extra-smooth Japanese wax color core designed specifically for coloring. The included colors are pink, red, yellow, orange, light green, green, light blue, blue, violet, brown, black, and silver. This pencil set is perfect for people seeking creative balance away from the daily grind.
- EASY-TO-SHARPEN CEDAR CASING – These colored artist pencils have a cedar casing made from genuine California incense-cedar, which sharpens evenly and easily. This casing is covered by a thick, color-matched lacquer, making it easy to find the color you need. Each colored pencil features a crisp, silver imprint and the same semi-hexagonal barrel found in our graphite pencils.
- METAL HEX CAP – Blackwing’s coloring pencils are each topped by a silver, metal hex cap that adds a bit of weight, giving the pencils a comfortable, balanced feel. This slightly-weighted end cap is important for artists who need superior control over an extended period of time.
- HOW WE GIVE BACK – A portion of the sales from all Blackwing products benefit the Blackwing Foundation, which funds and develops arts and music education at the K-12 level. Your purchase helps provide, among other things, the instruction, learning environment, and instruments children need to participate in the Little Kids’ Rock Modern Band Program.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
“Half the Pressure, Twice the Speed”
Blackwing’s coloring pencils are each topped by a silver, metal hex cap that adds a bit of weight, giving the pencils a comfortable, balanced feel. This slightly-weighted end cap is important for artists who need superior control over an extended period of time.
Although our pencils include an array of impressive features, the subtle beauty of Blackwing Colors pencils is from the fluidity that comes when using exquisite Japanese wax colored cores. Its smooth yet firm approach to writing and drawing gives its user an experience that cannot be duplicated.
Pencils should sharpen evenly and easily, and Blackwing Colors pencils set the standard of excellence in that regard. Made of the the world’s finest materials, our 12-pack of colored pencils features genuine California Incense-cedar that gives them a sharper, more refined look.
The Possibilities Are Endless
Our Blackwing colored pencils come with 12 unique colors, including pink, red, yellow, orange, light green, green, light blue, blue, violet, brown, black, and silver. Each pencil features a metal hex cap, Incense-cedar casing, silver imprint and logo, and Japanese wax-colored cores.
Blackwing pencils were originally introduced by the Eberhard Faber Company in the 1930s. Their cult following included John Steinbeck and Chuck Jones, who proudly used Blackwings to create Bugs Bunny and many other Looney Tunes characters.
Despite this following, they fell victim to cost cutting measures of the 1990s and were discontinued. But, that didn’t stop devotees from paying as much as 40 dollars per pencil to seize unused stock. In 2010, our company drew from the nearly century of experience in the pencil business to access the best materials in the world and bring Blackwing back for a new generation of writers, musicians, and others seeking a more natural existence.
Today, a portion of every Blackwing sale benefits music and arts education at the K-12 level.