Blade Runner (Five-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition)
Ultimate Collector's Edition, Collector's Edition
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Visually spectacular, intensely action-packed and powerfully prophetic since its debut, Blade Runner returns in Ridley Scott's definitive Final Cut, including extended scenes and never-before-seen special effects. In a signature role as 21st-century detective Rick Deckard, Harrison Ford brings his masculine-yet-vulnerable presence to this stylish noir thriller. In a future of high-tech possibility soured by urban and social decay, Deckard hunts for fugitive, muderous replicants - and is drawn to a mystery woman whose secrets may undermine his soul. This spectacular 5-Disc Set includes all five version of the legendary Sci-Fi film from Director Ridley Scott - the definitive Final Cut with all new 5.1 audio, three additional versions of the film, and the rare Work Print version - in addition to the in-depth feature length documentary "Dangerous Days", and one complete disc of bonus content including over 80-minutes of never-before-seen deleted scenes. The Ultimate Collector's Edition is packaged in a limited edition, numbered "Deckard" briefcase and features rare and collectable memorabilia such as a Spinner car replica, Unicorn figurine, Illustration and Photo cards, and a lenticular Motion Film Clip in lucite. This is the ultimate collection that no fan should be without! Also available in HD-DVD and Blu-Ray Disc.
In celebration of Blade Runner's 25th anniversary, director Ridley Scott has gone back into post production to create the long-awaited definitive new version. Blade Runner: The Final Cut, spectacularly restored and remastered from original elements and scanned at 4K resolution, will contain never-before-seen added/extended scenes, added lines, new and improved special effects, director and filmmaker commentary, an all-new 5.1 Dolby® Digital audio track and more. Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Edward James Olmos, Joanna Cassidy, Sean Young, and Daryl Hannah are among some 80 stars, filmmakers and others who participate in the extensive bonus features. Among the bonus material highlights is Dangerous Days, a brand new, three-and-a-half-hour documentary by award-winning DVD producer Charles de Lauzirika, with an extensive look into every aspect of the film: its literary genesis, its challenging production and its controversial legacy. The definitive documentary to accompany the definitive film version.
The Ultimate Collector's Edition will be presented in a unique 5-disc digi-package with handle which is a stylish version of Rick Deckard's own briefcase. In addition, each briefcase will be individually numbered and in limited supply. Included is a lenticular motion film clip from the original feature, miniature origami unicorn figurine, miniature replica spinner car, and collector's photographs, as well as a signed personal letter from Sir Ridley Scott.
RIDLEY SCOTT'S ALL-NEW "FINAL CUT" VERSION OF THE FILM
Restored and remastered with added & extended scenes, added lines, new and cleaner special effects and all new 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio. Also includes:
- Commentary by Ridley Scott
- Commentary by executive producer/co-screenwriter Hampton Fancher and co-screenwriter David Peoples; producer Michael Deely and production executive Katherine Haber
- Commentary by visual futurist Syd Mead; production designer Lawrence G. Paull, art director David L. Snyder and special photographic effects supervisors Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich and David Dryer
DOCUMENTARY DANGEROUS DAYS: MAKING BLADE RUNNER
A feature-length authoritative documentary revealing all the elements that shaped this hugely influential cinema landmark. Cast, crew, critics and colleagues give a behind-the-scenes, in-depth look at the film -- from its literary roots and inception through casting, production, visuals and special effects to its controversial legacy and place in Hollywood history.
1982 THEATRICAL VERSION
This is the version that introduced U.S. movie-going audiences to a revolutionary film with a new and excitingly provocative vision of the near-future. It contains Deckard/Harrison Ford's character narration and has Deckard and Rachel's (Sean Young) "happy ending" escape scene.
1982 INTERNATIONAL VERSION
Also used on U.S. home video, laserdisc and cable releases up to 1992. This version is not rated, and contains some extended action scenes in contrast to the Theatrical Version.
1992 DIRECTOR'S CUT
The Director's Cut omits Deckard's voiceover narration and removes the "happy ending" finale. It adds the famously-controversial "unicorn" sequence, a vision that Deckard has which suggests that he, too, may be a replicant.
BONUS DISC - "Enhancement Archive": 90 minutes of deleted footage and rare or never-before-seen items in featurettes and galleries that cover the film's amazing history, production teams, special effects, impact on society, promotional trailers, TV spots, and much more.
- Featurette "The Electric Dreamer: Remembering Philip K. Dick"
- Featurette "Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. The Film"
- Philip K. Dick: The Blade Runner Interviews (audio)
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep Cover Gallery (images)
- The Art of Blade Runner (image galleries)
- Featurette "Signs of the Times: Graphic Design"
- Featurette "Fashion Forward: Wardrobe & Styling"
- Screen Tests: Rachel & Pris
- Featurette "The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth"
- Unit photography gallery
- Deleted and alternate scenes
- 1982 promotional featurettes
- Trailers and TV spots
- Featurette "Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art"
- Marketing and merchandise gallery (images)
- Featurette "Deck-A-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard"
- Featurette "--Nexus Generation: Fans & Filmmakers"
This rare version of the film is considered by some to be the most radically different of all the Blade Runner cuts. It includes an altered opening scene, no Deckard narration until the final scenes, no "unicorn" sequence, no Deckard/Rachel "happy ending," altered lines between Batty (Rutger Hauer) and his creator Tyrell (Joe Turkell), alternate music and much more. Also includes:
- Commentary by Paul M. Sammon, author of Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner
- Featurette "All Our Variant Futures: From Workprint to Final Cut"
Stills from Blade Runner (click for larger image)
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The movie is based on a novel by Philip K. Dick called, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" In this case I found I actually enjoyed the movie more than the book.
Were I to guess I would say that most people could be divided into one of two groups, those that are intrigued and repulsed and those that are only repulsed; if you've seen the movie before you probably already know which group is your group. I'll address my comments to the former group and those who have never seen the movie.
If you've never seen the movie and you're a devoted science fiction fan then you'll likely be part of the first group; if you’re not a science fiction fan then the jury is out on you.
This collection is, to the best of my knowledge, the ultimate collection for the Blade Runner fan; the collection includes Disc 1, "The Final Cut (2007), Disc 2, Original Theatrical Cut (1982), International Theatrical Cut (1982) and the Directors Cut (1991), Disc 3 includes "Workprint and Special Features"
Also included are 40 pages of assorted sketches, art work and photos of the making of the movie and scenes from the movie. I bought this version in spite of the fact I have two previous versions on Laser Disc and one on DVD; I guess that sort of marks me off as a fan of the movie.
If you're a fan of science fiction and you've never seen this movie, then you have a real treat in store; I encourage you to go ahead and get this version which has so much to offer. If you've got an earlier version, well I can say to you I'm really glad I added this one to my collection and suspect you'll be glad you did if you decide to take the plunge and buy another copy for your collection.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Cult Movies > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Ultimate Collector's Editions
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Ultimate Editions
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Futuristic
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Robots & Androids
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Horror
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Sci-Fi & Fantasy