Blade Runner (Four-Disc Collector's Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
RIDLEY SCOTT'S ALL-NEW "FINAL CUT" VERSION OF THE FILM
Restored and remastered with added & extended scenes, added lines, new and cleaner special effects and all new 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio. Also includes:
- Commentary by Ridley Scott
- Commentary by executive producer/co-screenwriter Hampton Fancher and co-screenwriter David Peoples; producer Michael Deely and production executive Katherine Haber
- Commentary by visual futurist Syd Mead; production designer Lawrence G. Paull, art director David L. Snyder and special photographic effects supervisors Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich and David Dryer
DOCUMENTARY DANGEROUS DAYS: MAKING BLADE RUNNER
A feature-length authoritative documentary revealing all the elements that shaped this hugely influential cinema landmark. Cast, crew, critics and colleagues give a behind-the-scenes, in-depth look at the film -- from its literary roots and inception through casting, production, visuals and special effects to its controversial legacy and place in Hollywood history.
1982 THEATRICAL VERSION
This is the version that introduced U.S. movie-going audiences to a revolutionary film with a new and excitingly provocative vision of the near-future. It contains Deckard/Harrison Ford's character narration and has Deckard and Rachel's (Sean Young) "happy ending" escape scene.
1982 INTERNATIONAL VERSION
Also used on U.S. home video, laserdisc and cable releases up to 1992. This version is not rated, and contains some extended action scenes in contrast to the Theatrical Version.
1992 DIRECTOR'S CUT
The Director's Cut omits Deckard's voiceover narration and removes the "happy ending" finale. It adds the famously-controversial "unicorn" sequence, a vision that Deckard has which suggests that he, too, may be a replicant.
BONUS DISC - "Enhancement Archive": 90 minutes of deleted footage and rare or never-before-seen items in featurettes and galleries that cover the film's amazing history, production teams, special effects, impact on society, promotional trailers, TV spots, and much more.
- Featurette "The Electric Dreamer: Remembering Philip K. Dick"
- Featurette "Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. The Film"
- Philip K. Dick: The Blade Runner Interviews (audio)
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep Cover Gallery (images)
- The Art of Blade Runner (image galleries)
- Featurette "Signs of the Times: Graphic Design"
- Featurette "Fashion Forward: Wardrobe & Styling"
- Screen Tests: Rachel & Pris
- Featurette "The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth"
- Unit photography gallery
- Deleted and alternate scenes
- 1982 promotional featurettes
- Trailers and TV spots
- Featurette "Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art"
- Marketing and merchandise gallery (images)
- Featurette "Deck-A-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard"
- Featurette "--Nexus Generation: Fans & Filmmakers"
Stills from Blade Runner (click for larger image)
Top Customer Reviews
Disc 1 - Ridley Scott's All-New "Final Cut" Version of the film - Restored and remastered with added & extended scenes, added lines, new and cleaner special effects and all new 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio. Also included is commentary by Ridley Scott and a host of others that worked behind the camera.
Disc 2 - Documentary - Dangerous Days: Making of Blade Runner - A feature-length documentary revealing all the elements that shaped this cinema landmark. Cast, crew, critics and colleagues give a behind-the-scenes, in-depth look at the film from its literary roots and inception through casting, production, visuals and special effects to its legacy.
Disc 3 - 1982 Theatrical Version - The original that contains Deckard's narration and has Deckard and Rachel's (Sean Young) "happy ending" escape scene.
1982 International Version - Also used on U.S. home video, laserdisc and cable releases up to 1992.Read more ›
Blade Runner first and foremost, is probably the greatest film ever made, from beginning to end and in all of its variations. A bold statement when the film doesn't even rank in the top 10 in the American Film Institute or on IMDb. Spots #97 and #104 respectively (ahem). But as these kind of lists are subjective and truly under the control of mere mortals and their own strange whims, and I take no offense that so many so-called aficionados have over-looked this film for so long. Roger Ebert slammed Ridley Scott and the film during the first theatrical release by stating that `Scott cared more about the lush environment of the film than he did of the story', which as we all know - and even Ebert now, in hindsight, has stated that he was unkind and grossly unfair to both Scott and the film.Read more ›
Following this edition, there will be another entitled, "Ridley Scott's Blade Runner: The Final Cut," to be released in early 2007 to mark the 25th Annversary of the movie, which will include newly restored scenes and will be Scott's final word on the film. Then later in 2007, there will be the "Ultimate Blade Runner" which will contain all 4 versions of the film, the original U.S. theatrical cut, the expanded international theatrical cut, the 1992 Director's Cut and the 2007 Final Cut, all fully restored and in anamorphic transfers plus tonnes of extras. In addition, Blade Runner will also be released simultaneously on both Blu-ray and HD-DVD formats.
Buy this with your eyes open. It is recommended only if you're a completist or have only passing interest in the film. This edition will have a limited run of just 4 months before it is withdrawn prior to the arrival of the next edition.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Enjoy watching the VHS version from time to time. The DVD version is just as good, though it does have some additional scenes in it that were not in the VHS version. Read morePublished 3 days ago by University Doc
This is one of those movies you watch over and over. Ridley Scott nailed it and I love how this movie was filmed as the colors just pop. Very happy I bought this version.Published 8 days ago by FloydZepplin
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Cult Movies > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Futuristic
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Robots & Androids
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Horror
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Sci-Fi & Fantasy