BlanKid Buddy 4-In-1 Backpack, Blanket, Pillow, and Plush Animal - Makemba the Monkey
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- high quality velboa plush
- Winner of Dr. Toy's "Best Pick" and "Best Vacation Product" awards. Also voted "Best New Product" by 2011 Travel Goods Show attendees.
- Plush Blanket that will fasten into place under the child's legs and provides a generous 30" long by 15" wide amount of coverage -- more than sufficient for most children ages 3-8.
- Travel Pillow created from the animal arms that wrap around and attach behind the child's neck to offer head support while sleeping. The high lateral stabilization supports prevent the child's head from falling to the side, and the safety-tested travel pillow velcro easily releases with minimal pressure. The animal arms also attach under the animal head allowing the blanket to be used as a soft floor pillow and comfortable nap mat when flipped ove.
- 3 DIFFERENT ANIMAL BUDDIES made with extremely soft and cuddly plush fabric. Makemba the Monkey is a Bonobo Ape from South of the Zaire River in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Pailou the Panda is a Giant Panda from the Sichuan Province of China, and Lula the Ladybug is a Ladybird Beetle from Yosemite National Park, California.
- Complete Backpack with an incredible amount of space to carry most travel belongings. The backpack includes an extra outer pocket that allows for quick and easy access to smaller items, as well as an additional water-resistant bag. The separate bag attaches to the inside of the backpack and can be removed when converting into the blanket and travel pillow. This inner bag easily detaches and can be cinched for further travel convenience, keeping the child's belongings together in one manageable location.
Customers Who Bought This Brand Also Shopped For
The patented BlanKid Buddy® has multiple features that make it the most functional children's travel product available. It's amazing how many items are needed to keep children happy, comfortable, fed, and entertained, even during the simplest routine excursions. With so many items to keep track of extra baggage is added, carrying capacity becomes a real issue, and stress builds during what should be a relaxing vacation. Cabeau invented the BlanKid Buddy® with one thought in mind - Make Traveling More Comfortable For Everyone! The BlanKid Buddy® is an 4-In-1 blanket, backpack, pillow, and plush toy animal that is a space-saver and stress reliever for any lucky parent or caregiver. Imagine being able to place all of a child's "must-have" travel belongings into one bag and actually have THEM carry it!
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 6 x 4.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- ASIN: B0051C0RLE
- Item model number: TB0074
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 18, 2011
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I guess I should have read the dimensions and pulled out my tape measure to see how big it would be, because these things were tiny! The arms barely fit around my niece's neck, and she isn't a large girl! Actually, they are both somewhat small for their ages. And the blankets barely hit the knees.
We were quite sad. We ended up rolling up their favorite throws inside of the monkey (him) and ladybug (her). And then for the trip back, stuffed them in the box we were shipping so we wouldn't have to deal with them on the train again.
They are so small, I don't see how the are recommended for children up to 8 years old. I wouldn't recommend them for anyone over 3, unless its something for a little sleepover or something where there will be other blankets around.
A couple of things to consider:
1) The blanket may be short for your kiddo - our kid's is on the small side and the blanket just reached his ankles but covered his shoulders just fine (which may be a little small for most tots)
2) The velcro arms are meant to close as a neck pillow but it wasn't much help that way. We gave up on the neck pillow bit and simply tucked the arms into our CARES harness (and absolute MUST HAVE - but that's for another review).
3) The velcro will likely get tangled in your kid's hair as a neck pillow (as it did with our) - we couldn't find a good solution to that.
All in all, this was a great buy. It looks cute, is super soft and snuggly, has plenty of room inside for toys, water, snacks, crayons, etc AND has a bonus tote bag inside! It made the trip all the more pleasant for our tot!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My grandson loved this, both on the plane and in the car during our long drives in Ireland. Keep his head steady.Published 23 months ago by mccoveymays
It is way too big for my 3 years old toddler. The circumference of the neck pillow is too big and does not make a good fit around the neck of my son. Read morePublished on April 20, 2013 by Nanoparticle
I just ordered this, but realized it may be too little for my niece & nephew. I wrote the company and they suggested it would fit better for kids 8 & under. Read morePublished on December 7, 2011 by Shoptoomuch
I have been involved with children and playthings for a long time. Most kids nowadays have too many toys and very few organizers. Read morePublished on September 28, 2011 by Helen Wolff