Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Blanco Clean - Colored Sink and Surface Cleaner
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on September 27, 2010
Hi,

I bought this product before my Blanco sink was installed to be sure I had it on hand. My sink is Anthracite and seemed to have a slight white film in places after it was installed. So, I grabbed my Blanco cleaner and it really didn't seem to work well. I tried again the next day--it looked worse!
I called Blanco--they said abosolutly NOT to use colored sink and surface cleaner on DARK sinks!! (Even though I initially found the product on their web site. Cust. Serv. said they were changing the website!!

Blanco told me to use a green Scotch Brite pad and Barkeepers friend or SoftScrub! MUCH better---way less expensive as well!!
1919 comments| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon September 15, 2009
This works very well in keeping/maintaining the sheen of a Silgranit sink. I have the anthracite color sink, and it can get somewhat hazy looking from soap scum. The Blanco cleaner takes care of that very well, and returns the sink to like-new condition.

Very easy to use -- it has the same consistency as Soft Scrub, so just squirt a bit in the sink, rub it in with a scrub pad that is safe to use on nonstick pans, rinse well and dry/polish. Sink comes out so nice looking you almost hate to use it and get it dirty!

It's pretty pricy, so I don't use it as my daily cleaner. I find spray cleaners (like 409, Fantastic, etc.) work pretty well on the daily grime. I use the Blanco cleaner once or twice a month, so a bottle will last a very long time. At that use rate the price is OK.
on January 4, 2010
I have a black granite composite blanco kitchen sink which, in the five years since we installed it, has been gradually whitening (which I ignored.) However, recently I was cleaning out a peanut butter jar for recycling and left it in the sink. My only guess is the fat from the peanut butter stained my sink quite clearly white. I don't mean it looked like a bleach spot just that over the black granite was a whitish stain. I couldn't remove it with soap and water and as you know if you own this type of sink - you can't use bleach on it, or a steel scrubber. I knew this product existed, read the mixed reviews on amazon, googled for home remedies and then just decided to buy the product. All I can say is - it worked for me! It removed the stain left by the peanut butter with the first application and, after a few applications over the next week, removed the white water marks left from day to day use. I am a rule follower and did "use as directed" on the bottle. So, I do recommend it.
on March 15, 2010
Well...someone had written previously that this product is similar to soft scrub and they're right. This might have finer grit than the scrub, but virtually provides the same purpose. I don't know that this product has any real protective or polishing agents once you apply it, but it did lessen the stains from dumping out unused coffee from breakfast. My regret is thinking that the composite sink was more attractive than stainless, but I don't recommend the composite sinks..especially in a light color if you're a big coffee drinker.
on July 9, 2010
I have a Biscuit-colored Blanco Silgranite sink and the Blancoclean *Colored* Sink and Surface Cleaner does a nice job of removing most stains and hard water deposits. As another reviewer said, this cleaner is a little pricey for daily use, but I have found that I can use Blancoclean intermittently -- weeks, or months apart -- and it still does a nice job on the sink.

The cleaner's easy to apply and its viscosity causes the cleaner to adhere to the surfaces instead of flowing down the drain, so if I haven't used the cleaner for awhile (months, in my case), I can pour it on generously and leave it for several hours to do its work. I just make sure that I've wet the sink down well before applying the cleaner. That way the cleaner stays wet, ensuring that it will continue to work for as long as I leave it.

The following cleaning information came from [...]: For calcium deposits you can use Lime Away. For really tough stains you can use Bar Keepers Friend, baking soda, or vinegar. You can also use a solution of 50% water and 50% bleach, letting it sit for one hour -- but only as a last resort. [Coffee drinkers might prefer using one of these options if the sink is not to be cleaned daily, or if the coffee isn't poured directly into the drain.]

For those who've got the stainless steel sink: We made the mistake of buying the Blancoclean *Stainless Steel* cleaner also, and that doesn't work well on the Silgranite sinks.
on March 8, 2009
My Blanco sink was starting to look a little dull. Not anymore. great results!
on September 5, 2011
After reading other reviews and trying most everything that was
mentioned, I discovered that Lime Away was the answer to my hard
water stains. I have a black Blanco sink, installer suggested
dishwashing detergent or 409 but that didn't handle the hard water
residue that eventually built up. CLR helped to some extent but
when I tried Lime Away I quickly knew that was the answer for me.
on April 1, 2010
My wife has a Blanco granite sink in black. This product sort of waxes the sink, so it appears to be more than just a cleaner. It is noticable after you apply the cleaner. Our sink will be a bit dull looking until you apply the cleaner, then it will have a luster. Also, it helps to prevent water spots. A no-no with a black sink. My wife applies this about every three weeks. Not difficult to apply, sort of like waxing a car.
on September 11, 2009
Blanco composite cleaner is great...I have a black silgranite sink and hard water so it can stain white easily. I did not buy this product right away so I had about 4 months of water stain building up to clean. I used a mesh pad and cleaner and my sink looks like new.
on August 5, 2015
Perhaps if I had started using this when the sink was new it would have worked. Now it does not help to remove the mineral deposits from the surface. However, mineral oil applied after cleaning makes the sink look like new and lasts over a week between applications.