Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Blendtec TB-621-25 Total Blender Classic with WildSide+ Jar, Black (Certified Refurbished)
|With Deal:||$199.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$79.96 (29%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested & certified by Blendtec to look and work like-new. The product includes 3 year manufacturer's warranty.
- Commercial-quality 1,560-watt countertop blender with 3 peak horsepower direct-drive motor
- Preprogrammed blending cycles, digital touchpad controls, auto shutoff
- BPA-free Tritan co-polyester jar with patented cold-forged wingtip blades.Marking goes upto 32oz but jar holds 64oz
- Includes Certified Refurbished Total Blender, WildSide+ Jar, Secure-fitting vented lids, user guide
This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified by the manufacturer or by a third-party refurbisher to look and work like new, with limited to no signs of wear. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, inspection, reconditioning and repackaging. The product ships with relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic white or brown box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon. See all Certified Refurbished on Amazon
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Blendtec TB-621-25 Total Blender Classic with WildSide+ Jar, Black (Certified Refurbished)
Ninja Professional Blender (BL610) B00NGV4506
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black||Gray||Black||Black - FourSide Jar|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 8 x 15 in||12 x 9.25 x 16.38 in||8.19 x 10.63 x 15.75 in||8 x 7 x 15.5 in|
|Item Weight||7 lbs||9.96 lbs||9 lbs||7.28 lbs|
|Wattage||1,560 watts||1,100||1,000||1,560 watts|
The Total Blender Classic is the all-in-one appliance that makes smoothies, fresh juice, ice cream, milk shakes, cappuccinos, margaritas, soups, sauces, bread dough, dressings, salsas and more! It replaces up to 9 other appliances with 1 fast, easy-to-use machine. This package includes the new precision "tuned 4" blade in the large, nearly 3-quart, BPA-free jar. The new large blade and large jar combination powers through tougher blending tasks and larger recipes with ease-and in less time. Blendtec machines are known for producing the best, most-consistent results in taste and texture. With the Total Blender Classic, you'll enjoy the same great results in your home! When you push a cycle button, the Total Blender Classic automatically speeds up and slows down, then shuts off when the cycle is complete, so recipes turn out perfect every time.Tired of your blender not being able to crush ice? The Total Blender Classic has so much power (1560 watts), it turns ice to snow and actually comes with an Ice-Crushing Guarantee.
Top Customer Reviews
Both are great blenders. Comparison of differences:
1) Motor - Blendtec has a more powerful motor. Noticeably more powerful - 3 HP vs 2 HP.
2) Construction - Blendtec is not as substantial in construction. Vitamix feels more heavy-duty, and is heavier. Vitamix will not rock and shake as much. Both are made in the USA with BPA-free containers.
3) Noise level - I don't notice that much difference. Maybe Blendtec is a bit louder, but it doesn't bother me.
4) Controls - There are more controls on the Blendtec - slower/faster, pulse, and preprogrammed selections. For example: Smoothies is one of the preprogrammed selections. So this means the Blendtec will alter its speed on its own in order to make sure items get blended that might otherwise stay bouncing around on top. It is optimized for each setting. You can do the same thing manually with the Vitamix with the spin dial that controls speed. Physically the Vitamix manually spin dial is easier to use. The Blendtec has a digital counter to tell you how many times you have used it.
5) Warranty - the Vitamix warranty is longer - 7 years on ALL parts that can be extended to 10 for an extra cost. Blendtec is normally only 3, not including the containers. This can be extended to 7 at no extra cost if purchased at Costco. The Vitamix had to have its motor replaced once. They were happy to do it and paid for shipping BOTH ways. Customer service was excellent. I can't evaluate this yet for the Blendtec since I haven't had it long enough, but the warranty does not cover shipping both ways.
6) Height - the Blendtec is shorter and fits easily under the cabinets in the kitchen. The Vitamix, at 20.5 inches, does not.
7) Containers - Both are BPA-free. The design of the Blendtec containers, while less substantial, is better. Wider instead of taller, they are easier to clean and easier to get food out of. Plus, this design lends itself to better performance.
8) Performance - the Blendtec will spin and pulverize thicker food even when the Vitamix will sit there and spin with nothing moving on top. The Vitamix requires a bit more work in those cases. If the liquid is thinner, the Vitamix does not do this and spins fine. The Blendtec 4 qt 4 inch blade container is better in this regard even than the 3 qt 3 inch blade container. I don't have to push the food down much at all with the Blendtec. However, with the bit of extra effort, the Vitamix will end up blending just as well as the Blendtec.
9) Splashing - the Blendtec definitely splashes food more in the container than the Vitamix. Be sure to keep that lid on the Blendtec.
10) Guarantee - The Vitamix accepts a return within 30 days and pay for your shipping back:
"You get FREE return shipping as part of the Vitamix 30-day NO-RISK trial. Call Vitamix at 1-800-848-2649 for a pre-paid return shipping label. Contact Customer Service at 1-800-848-2649 option #2 to receive a Return Authorization Number."
Blendtec says this about their return policy:
"Any item purchased on [...] that is returned within 30 days of purchase is subject to inspection prior to a refund or credit being given. Shipping fees are non-refundable and in some cases a usage or restocking fee may apply. If a return is near the end of the 30-day satisfaction guarantee period, we ask that you please call a customer service representative so we can document what product is being returned. No refunds will be given after 30 days."
I have enjoyed them both. Both are great products. I like the Blendtec a little better in terms of performance, but the Vitacost did a good job, too. Vitacost customer service was really excellent.
What I like about the blendtec more: size, it really makes a difference that it fits under my cabinets, so I keep it out all the time and use it more often. Both machines make a perfect smoothie, even a green smoothie, which is what I mostly use the machine for. However, recently I've been making sorbets and ice treats, and the blendtec really struggles without any liquid. The blades freeze up and it makes a horrible sound; which is concerning. I agree with another viewer that it does need some sort of probe tool, to work solid ingredients. At some point, I will probably order the larger 96oz container, which I understand also incorporates ingredients much quicker/easier.
Costco gave an extra four year warranty to Blendtecs standard 3 - which makes it equal to the 7 years of Vitamix, which is nice. If you're undecided about the two, just know that Vitamix really is a tank, perhaps not as pretty sitting on the counter, but it would probably outlast a Blendtec. Both perform very well, so I think it comes down to the look and longevity.
Update: The Blendtec motor died one week after I began making frozen sorbets. Returned it to Costco and bought a new Vitamix 500 from Amazon. I guess the question of longevity has been answered.
She loved it. She uses it daily to make whole juice drinks every morning. She would blend celery, grapes, apples, pineapples, tomatoes, cucumbers, peaches, and many other fruits or vegetables. And the result is simply great. You can't taste any pits or skins left in the drink; every little bit of ingredients are blended into fine juice for your enjoyment and fast digestion.
As a person grows older, the amount of enzymes in the stomach is lost. Therefore the ability to digest food is reduced dramatically. By drinking whole juice, the natural enzymes in the fruit, in the skin of the fruit, are blended and broken down for easy digestion.
Anyway, I almost forgot this review is for Blentec.
Well, after I got the Blentec (at a Sam's Club demo promotion), the price is actually about the same as being offered at Amazon.com (after tax). With that being almost the same, I just bought it on the spot and I will never regret that I did.
I have to say that the final blended results are just the same if not better than Vitamix.
But I want to point out a few significant advantages of this one.
1. The unit is smaller for storage and handling when you need to take it out to use. As for us, since we use it daily, it just sits under the countertop cabinets (snug fit), just about under 1 inch of room left when you push it in and out.
2. The recessed touch buttons are just amazing. They are much easier to clean than anything I have seen on the market, including Vitamix. If you like to keep things clean, this is the one to get. You will always drop some juice or fruits on the mixer base and if it gets between the knobs or buttons in the traditional blender, you know how hard that is to clean. With Blendtec, that problem is gone once and for all. This is actually one of the main reasons I bought the Blendtec.
3. The 6 button with different time settings. They are also great. Sometimes, you don't have a recipe and you just need to make something quick, but you don't know how long you should blend it for; well, the timer takes care of that question. This is another real deal breaker for me for the $400 damage.
4. Lightweight and easy to clean. We make it a habbit to clean right away after each use. Some reviewers said it's difficult to clean; well, because they left the thing on the counter all night after using it. Try that with any blender, it will be difficult to clean. It's not a fair review to any blender in that regard.
A note on noise: it is very loud, but not to the point where you need a ear plug. It does give out a few more dB than the Vitamix, I think by design, they can use some sound blocker inside the base enclosure, but while doing that, it would block the heat ventilation results and make the unit too hot to operate or break prematurely due to heat issues. I agree with Blendtec's design to allow maximum ventilation over sound reduction. Besides, we don't use it all the time so that it would cause your neighbors to complain.
All in all, it gets a 5-star from me because it deserves the rating.