Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Blind Allegiance to Sarah Palin: A Memoir of Our Tumultuous Years
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on June 26, 2011
While i think the author has ability to write-I hated this book due to the disgusting nature of the Palin family. I thought I would find it interesting, but I couldn't finish the book. Sarah, Todd and now Bristol are overexposed opportunists.Immoral money mongers. They will do and say anything to make a buck off the American people. Sarah is "inspired" by Bristols book- and her slutty behavior.I will not spend one more minute reading ANYTHING about this immoral family. HYPOCRITE- She will never run for president-just milk America for money. Frank was lucky to "get out" .
33 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2011
I was bored with this book, and sped read to see if I could find parts that I thought spoke to the character and ability of Gov. Palin. Relationships with Sen and Mrs McCain and daugter; study sessions for her press conferences and debates;. role as a mother to her children,and a fleshing out the children's characters and persona, as well as those of her family; more info on the Katie Couric interview; Palin's relationship with Fox during campaign, the truth about the wardrobe, hair and makeup expenditures provided by the GOP, etc. It was mildly interesting to hear about "Troopergate", but not for the greater length of this book. Mr. Bailey comes across as a "yes" man, somewhat pathetic, if not well-meaning. I found this book to be of marginal interest and utlity in understanding this truly frightening, greedy, immoral politician, Gov Palin. It was not enlightening or deserving of my time.
on November 21, 2013
I am a conservative, but not by any means a huge Palin fan. However, Frank Bailey's incessant self glorification and use of private, personal correspondence is cringe worthy. Bailey was "middle" management w/ an airline and rode the coattails of Palin into a job. His self righteous crap is nauseating. It truly was amateur hour w/ people like Bailey around. I wonder how much work he was able to get done while he was up on his own cross.

Bailey provides endless pages of self serving rambling and the most intimate betrayal of his "friend" Palin. I do not think there is ever good reason to release personal, trifling information about a former friend like details about her attire, hair and glasses. How trivial and ridiculous. I can’t imagine how anyone could be “friends” w/ Bailey knowing that he would sell ANY personal information to the highest bidder.

Bailey might have gotten a few pennies in royalties to rub together w/ his two nickels. He has no education, his experience came solely from Palin and he was completely over his head. He’s a scorned, pathetic amateur! He should be THANKFUL to her for the job and experience.
on July 31, 2011
The spine of Bailey's book is TrooperGate. The antagonist is Sarah Palin and family. The protagonist is Bailey himself. He paints himself as a naive political operator who saw Sarah Palin as the second coming of Ronald Reagan. While there are some insights into Palin; Bailey is more interested in telling his story. His story reads like Rod Blagojevich defense argument; naivete, too trusting, too much a family man and out of the league he was born into.

Blind Allegiance, is a story, about a character who made mistakes out of naivete and allegiance. The mistakes of TropperGate beseeched his reputation. This book, provides the reader, very little inside information that we don't already know about Palin. It was obviously written as a defense of his reputation and published for readers who would assume, it was a tell-all-book.

In the end, Blind Allegiance shows the duplicity of Palin, the publisher and Bailey himself.
on June 17, 2011
The author loses credibility when he attacks the right wing, yet purports to be a conservative. It is hard to take him seriously as an author because
everything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt. While a few of the stories might be interesting one needs to maintain a degree of skepticism
about its truth because the author has an ax to grind.

The parts about the early years showing the grassroots campaign were interesting reading if you want to learn about the mechanics of Alaska style campaigns. As the book progresses into the governorship era and the author becomes "more disillusioned" might reflect more about the author and his problems than Sara Palin's governing style.

Much of the author's books focuses on inconsequential details regarding the campaign and governing. While that might be interesting to someone who runs campaigns, the average reader might find the author boring because he is excessively concerned and critical of unimportant details regarding campaign signs and other campaign events.

While it can be interesting to see how the campaign was run, the book relates a fairly typical version of campaign events from the inside.

Even the one sided email exchanges were boring.

While the recent events of the past years are highlighted, one is left feeling unsatisfied reading the book because the author loses more and more credibility toward the end of the book because his version of the events appear discredited.
1515 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2011
The book was not a page turner. Sometimes I didn't read it for days. I had to push myslef to finish it.
on January 4, 2012
So let me get this straight, I can buy the hardcover of this for between $.95 to $6.58, but if I want the Kindle version it's still gonna cost me $12.99? And the publishers think this is a good way to sell books? I sure hope the publishers come to their senses soon, as I would have bought this stinker long ago at $9.99 just to see what it was about? Now what do you think I'm going to do, maybe wait for the next time I have enough to qualify for free shipping and get it for the lowest possible price?
on February 9, 2015
not for me
on August 8, 2011
FIVE STARS TO FRANK BAILEY FOR GETTING ALL US SUCKERS TO PURCHASE HIS BOOK. THIS GUY IS A LOOSER-- I'M NOT A SARAH FAN BUT AFTER READING THIS I BECAME ONE SINCE SHE GOT RID OF THIS USELESS FOLLOWER WHO HAD NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS DOING. WHAT DID HE THINK-- WORKING RIGHT NEXT TO THE GOVERNOR DURING ELECTIONS AND AFTERWARDS WAS GOING TO BE A NINE TO FIVE JOB. POLITICS IN ALASKA IS JUST AS BAD AS ELSEWARE. THIS GUY WAS LOOKING FOR A HANDOUT FROM DAY ONE AND CLEARLY GOT ONE WITH THE PUBLICATION OF THIS NOTHING BOOK. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY-- I'M SORRY I DID.
on October 8, 2012
I work hard for my money and just cannot believe that I spent a penny of it on this work. I would beg people not to waste any time, money, postage, or anything else on this. I cannot believe a tree would be cut down to print this piece.