Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on September 2, 2014
This movie was B.A.D. I was mad that I wasted time watching it. I am always up for a good romance story and this one fell flat on every single level. I cannot come up with one redeeming quality this movie had to offer.....it was so bad Chris Pine's good looks could not even compensate. Just sayin'. Save your time~ save your money
on September 12, 2015
Chris Pine is absolutely adorable as a young blind man trying to find his way into a crazy world. He has a wonderful family, and solid friends. What he wants is a lady to call his own. The title is misleading because if you didn't know Danny was blind, it sounds like a frat brothers setting each other up for a score. Instead, it's anything but that. Chris delivers a wonderful performance, and of course, he gets the girl in the end. Sigh….. a must see for any Chris Pine fan - or for anyone who loves a sweet, charming love story.
on March 30, 2013
This was a very touching movie. Always when dealing with disabilities it helps others to be more sensitive to the plight of others trapped in an unforgiving dilemma. So pull up ones boot straps and find the path to happiness when faced with life's challenges. I had an Uncle that faced a serious physical problem but his heart was always so forgiving and found joy in the important things of life. He held a job when others couldn't get one. He gave from his pocket to others less fortunate and he loved you and cried with you when you hurt. This movie was very good I love the cast and crew that did a great job telling this story
on May 28, 2009
I saw the new Star Trek a couple weeks ago and it was awesome. I believe Chris Pine will become famous now because of it. So i went and checked out his few other movies. Princess Diaries 2 and Just My Luck were ok but im not into the Disney type. Then I bought Blind Dating and was glad i did. It is a very cute movie that has heart. Its funny, cute, and sad. I found myself laughing at parts and then tearing up later. Danny (Chris Pine) is a 22yr old blind man that goes on many blind dates to find a nice girl. Its also about how he deals with being blind. Eddie Kaye Thomas plays his brother, and Jane Seymour plays his psychiatrist. Both are believeable and great for their parts. Chris Pine is the best part of this movie and very talented in this role. I'm glad I got this movie because its a nice little movie that I will watch again and again.
on February 4, 2008
I enjoyed this romantic comedy directed by James Keach (The Long Riders) and starring Chris Pine (Smokin' Aces) and Eddie Kaye Thomas ( American Pie ). It's difficult to come across a film that not only makes you really laugh but also touches your heart on the journey. I could understand how hard it would be telling a story about a blind person and the odd humorous circumstances they may find themselves in trying to go on blind date (No pun intended) and being politically corrected as to distract one from the story. Well they did it perfectly here with this little gem. If you like Wedding Crashers and Sleepless in Seattle, you will love this story!
on April 9, 2013
This movie was funny but it was lacking something....typical romantic comedy. If you don't mind cursing and seeing half naked women prostituting themselves then this is your movie...
on September 23, 2016
i received movie in good time, but it will not play on any blu-ray player i own. I've tried it in five blu-ray players and it does nothing. I don't see any groves on the disc at all. I don't think it was ever recorded properly. or made correctly.
on February 27, 2012
If you like Chris Pine, as I do, you'll enjoy this movie. It's a comical story. A little crude at times, but overall a cute movie. It's not a blockbuster but was worth watching. I thought it was endearing how Pine's character's family rallies around him as he tries to cope and mature with his blindness. Danny's (Pine) brother Larry is hilarious! He sets him up on some blind dates that are unbelievable and just cracked me up! And it was a new appreciation for cultural differences as Danny falls in love with an Indian girl. Like I said, comical and at times laugh-out-loud funny. Pine is a far cry from James T. Kirk or FDR Foster in this one, but certainly entertaining.
on May 27, 2014
This movie is unexpectedly darling. Before I watched it, I wasn't the biggest fan of Chris Pine, having only seen him in the new Star Trek film. I somehow stumbled on this movie via a recommendation, and I am so glad I did. Although it sounds gimmicky at first, the movie is lovingly crafted, has some great supporting cast, and a very nice soundtrack. If you take a chance on this movie, you won't be disappointed, as it is far more than the sum of its parts.
on December 13, 2013
This movie was significantly better than I expected. I thought it would be light and fun although possible insensitive at times, but it had all the good without hitting any of the bad sides I expected it to go for. It touched on each subject so gently and respectfully, and was thoroughly enjoyable without the usual shallow idiocy that the genre often displays. And they still managed to make it so funny, and have the characters be so attaching and lovable, so it was a win all around.