Blink Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection, HD Video, Battery-Powered, Cloud Storage for Your Smartphone - 1 Camera Kit
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- MOTION DETECTOR: Built-in motion sensor alarm, when motion detector is triggered, WIFI cameras send an alert to your smartphone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud
- BATTERY POWERED SECURITY SYSTEM: Wireless home camera with 2-year battery life, powered by 2 AA Lithium batteries (included), data is sent from IP cameras over Wi-Fi
- SMART HOME SECURITY: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes; easy control wireless cameras with the included iOS & Android apps or via voice through our Amazon Alexa Skill!
- ADVANCED HOME SURVEILLANCE: Home and pet monitoring in real time with video camera “Live View” streaming mode
- FREE CLOUD STORAGE: Totally wire-free, with no monthly fees or service contract required. (Requires iOS 9.3 or Android 4.4 KitKat or higher)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The ultra-affordable, truly wire-free video home security & monitoring system!
So affordable and easy to setup, you will use it to protect your entire home! Blink is battery-powered and truly wire-free, so it’s simple to place and move within any indoor environment.
720p HD video capture ensures that you get a clear view of your home or business, with minimal distortion or blurring.
Blink’s feature-rich system includes a motion detector; when armed, any detected motion triggers the recording of a short video clip.
Quickly receive a push notification alert with a link to the video attached, so you can decide how to respond.
Easily access on-demand video streaming through the Blink app.
No Monthly Subscription Fee!
Peace of mind shouldn’t cost a fortune or come with a monthly price tag: Blink systems start at a price you can afford; just a fraction of the cost of other home monitoring systems, and our cloud storage service is free!
Runs on 2 AA Lithium Batteries for 2 Years!
You read that correctly. With regular use, your Blink cameras will last a very, very long time on a single set of 2 AA lithium batteries. This incredibly long battery life is made possible through a proprietary chip technology available only in Blink cameras.
Blink Now Integrates With Amazon Echo!
We are now fully integrated with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices including Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Amazon Tap. All Blink users who own these devices can now control their Blink system without lifting a finger, using voice alone.
|Item Dimensions||2.5 x 6 x 7.6 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.8 pounds|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Blink by Immedia||Blink by Immedia||Blink by Immedia||Blink by Immedia||Blink by Immedia||BOSMA USA|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 7.6 x 2.5 in||7.5 x 9.5 x 2.5 in||7.5 x 9.5 x 2.5 in||2.6 x 4.5 x 4.5 in||7.5 x 13.12 x 2.5 in||—|
|Power Source||battery powered||battery powered||battery powered||battery powered||battery powered||—|
Meet Blink, the one-of-a-kind, battery-powered remote home monitoring system that’s simple to set up and equally perfect for renters or homeowners. Its stylish, totally wire-free design houses innovative HD video technology, plus motion and temperature sensors, to deliver instant home insight through the Blink app for your iOS or Android device.
Place it Anywhere
Blink is battery-powered and truly wire-free, so it’s simple to place and move within any indoor environment. Create a system that covers your entryways and windows, monitors the garage, or keeps a watchful eye over the kids’ rooms (or even the cookie jar). Unique technology which delivers up-to 2 year battery life for extended, no-hassle peace of mind.
Blink is thoughtfully designed to make peace of mind easy and accessible. As soon as motion is detected, video starts recording and an alert is sent to your smartphone or tablet, so you can see exactly what caused the alert and decide how to respond. Simply want to check in and see what's happening at home? Live View mode lets you take a look through the Blink app.
Easy to Expand
Blink’s unique design makes it simple to create the system that’s just right for your apartment, home or business. Expand and customize quickly and easily with extra cameras.
Peace of mind shouldn’t cost a fortune: cover your entire home or apartment at a fraction of the cost of other home monitoring systems, with no monthly fees.
Built-in motion detection
Instant alerts to iOS and Android devices
Live View mode
Free Cloud storage for up to two hours of clips
No monthly fees
What's in the box
Blink Camera (x1), Sync Module (x1), Mounting Kit
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The biggest issues I found are these:
* It's overly sensitive to movement and shadows. Even at its lowest sensitivity, a passing shadow at the edge of its view, or a waving plant tendril triggered a recording (and a notification if that's set up, which gets old fast). Today alone, with it armed from 7am to 9pm, I have 116 notifications (and it's only 7pm as I write this!).
* All those notifications would seem like they'd be helpful, but they are sent only after recording done rather than at initial movement. That's not useful. I want to be notified as soon as the camera detects (real) motion, not after the fact.
* You'd think with that level of sensitivity all those notifications you'd get video of everything that happens, but no. The device starts recording a second or two after it detects movement. Worse, because it's trying to save battery power, there's a limit on the length of a recording, and a delay before it starts to record again. You can only get 60 seconds of video, and must wait a minimum of 10 seconds to get video again. Together this means you often miss the beginning of an event, and miss the end, so you often miss crucial information. For example, it will catch me coming into through the front door, but miss me going back out a minute or two later.
* The device is advertised as being able to record in the dark, but that recording requires a bright white LED light to shine. That's not "in the dark"!
I could go on and talk about the poorly designed app (hard to navigate, slow) or the limitations of watching live video (limited to 30 seconds), but you get the drift. This is a product with potential. Right now though, we're all just beta testers.
I want to love this product.
This is not just because I backed it on Kickstarter, bought four-cameras, a sync and alarm module (not delivered yet). The promise of a consumer-grade, simple security system that is cloud-enabled, was too enticing to pass up.
I've had these at home, installed and configured, since the minute I received them. After moving them around a bit, I finally found a configuration that I like and ended up permanently installing them to avoid some issues. If you manually arm it (if you remember to), it works as promised. I've found I prefer to leave the LED lights off to not alert the intruder that I'm capturing them. As a passive system to monitor and alert -- it fails drastically due to the LED (lighting the scene) and LED (indicator when recording).
What needs improved to make this a competitor in this field. These FOUR items can happen outside of the context of any hardware changes (down the wire + application upgrades).
(fixed)1. Automation for some type of workflow -- RELEASED ON JUNE 1, 2016
Right now you have to manually turn on and off (Arm/Disarm) the system in order for it to work.
There is no ability schedule turn-on, to trigger it off of events (IFFFT, loss of phone, leaving, time, whatever). What was promised in the Kickstarter to "automatically schedule arm/disarm" was not included in the application released.
(fixed) 2. Connect it to a central home automation hub -- INSTRUMENTED MYSELF INTO SMARTTHINGS
This stand-alone product is completely stand-alone. It doesn't talk to any best-in-class solutions. It can't work as a complete unit for home automation and security.
3. Ability to switch between photo and video capture.
There are no switches today to instead of recording a video to capture photos (time-based) instead of video, to extend the capture time frame.
4. Improve the notification system to include an image.
Being able to rapidly analyze without logging in and watching a video, would close the gap if I'm without a strong wifi or cellular signal. Just text me an image of the motion so I can tell if it is the dog or an intruder.
5. Give me the option to turn off any LED indicator.
I don't want an intruder (or home visitor) to know I'm recording them. This is my home, my installation, give me the ability to turn off the blue-LED indicator. It also lets me save battery. You sold this as a "Privacy Assurance" feature, however, it is my home and I dictate what is private and what is not. I can put tape on this to prevent it or hack the system to remove the LED if need be.
6. Optimize the app; improve live-view
I hate that it only shows TWO images on the screen with no choices on tiling or sizing them smaller. Your Kickstarter app shows FOUR. I have four cameras and really need five, but without seeing them all, I can't say this has value. Additionally, improve this for use on tablets, so I could use that in a live-view, all images, at the same time. Not being to see this has drawbacks.
Other problems with the hardware, that was not clear when I was backing it.
7. No true night-vision.
It requires a blinding LED light to illuminate the scene in order to capture a good picture/video.
8. The promised TEMPERATURE indicator, does not seem to be implemented
(UPDATE: This seems to have been removed from the Features List when I looked on June 30)
Adopting something like openHAB, allowing for connection to home automation systems, is key to success here. There are cameras on the market with full HD, night-vision and the items I mentioned about, at only a slightly higher price point.
I recommend you create a list of what you want to do and then do a comparison. For reference on what was promised: [...]