Other Sellers on Amazon
4-Year Home Security Equipment Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes Parts and Labor for Covered Repairs
- Repair or Replacement Promise on Your Covered Product
- Plan shipped via email so there is no waiting
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered
Blink Home Security Camera - Add-On Unit (No Sync Module)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ADD-On Camera for existing Blink Customers (Does not include Blink Sync Module - only works with an existing system)
- MOTION DETECTOR: Built-in motion sensor alarm, when motion detector is triggered, WIFI cameras will send an alert to your smartphone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud.Apple app - requires iOS 9.3 or higher, Android app - requires android 4.4 KitKat or higher.
- BATTERY POWERED SECURITY SYSTEM: Wireless home camera with 2-year battery life, powered by 2 AA Lithium batteries (included), data is sent from IP cameras over Wi-Fi
- SMART HOME SECURITY: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes; easy control wireless cameras with the included iOS & Android apps or via voice through our Amazon Alexa Skill!
- ADVANCED HOME SURVEILLANCE: Home and pet monitoring in real time with video camera “Live View” streaming mode
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
This is the Add On camera for users with existing Blink Remote Home Security and Video Monitoring systems. It includes the camera only. If you are new to our Blink Wireless Home Security and Video Monitoring system, please start with the purchase of one of our full system bundles consisting of 1, 2, 3 and 5 camera packages.
Blink is a 100% wireless, battery-powered and amazingly affordable remote home security camera system that sends real-time alerts to your smartphone with motion-activated video clips. Customers can watch motion-activated video clips or live video feeds right on their iOS or Android device and install it themselves without having to hire a technician. No Monthly subscription fees either!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Today they sent out an email saying they will discontinue integration with Samsung Smart Things effective immediately. For the life of me, I can’t understand how a company would shoot itself on the face! A 3rd party app and device handler developer named Rboy developed an app the Blink tech was unable to ? unwilling to ? or didn’t care to deliver. If you are going to remove a major feature because a 3rd party provided it, make sure to have your own to replace it. If you are truly incompetent and can’t, have the decency to let your customer know ahead of time before sunsetting a major feature. And what an a…hole way to roll it out, deactivating the same day they send out an email with no explanation whatsoever and their customer support not having any idea.
To add insult to injury, they send a follow up email that you can send back your blink cameras and ship it at your own expense. Surely they know that people use this to integrate with home security that is critical and there is a major inconvenience / issue and they feel they are not liable for. These folks are geniuses on how to burn down your company. It’s like buying an iPhone and apple sends out an update that disables your camera, and the reason is … just because.
It’s ill conceived, ill executed , ill communicated and a poor strategy.
I am more pissed about how this whole thing was rolled out and communicated. They are not a fly by night shady company, but thanks to this, they just joined that club. Had they given a heads up that they will no longer support Smart Things ahead of time and why, I would understand that. Looks like they just don't care about their customers. They released a recent update changing logos and color themes, as a software developer; I can't imagine how that "enhancement" made it more important than creating or fixing it's API integration with Smart Things which generated a huge number of sales for them. This just shows you the misplaced priorities of this shady company.
The product itself is OK and might work great for people who do not integrate with Samsung Smart Things. It's just Blink's business practice is so arrogant and just gave a middle finger to it's customers and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
The biggest issues I found are these:
* It's overly sensitive to movement and shadows. Even at its lowest sensitivity, a passing shadow at the edge of its view, or a waving plant tendril triggered a recording (and a notification if that's set up, which gets old fast). Today alone, with it armed from 7am to 9pm, I have 116 notifications (and it's only 7pm as I write this!).
* All those notifications would seem like they'd be helpful, but they are sent only after recording done rather than at initial movement. That's not useful. I want to be notified as soon as the camera detects (real) motion, not after the fact.
* You'd think with that level of sensitivity all those notifications you'd get video of everything that happens, but no. The device starts recording a second or two after it detects movement. Worse, because it's trying to save battery power, there's a limit on the length of a recording, and a delay before it starts to record again. You can only get 60 seconds of video, and must wait a minimum of 10 seconds to get video again. Together this means you often miss the beginning of an event, and miss the end, so you often miss crucial information. For example, it will catch me coming into through the front door, but miss me going back out a minute or two later.
* The device is advertised as being able to record in the dark, but that recording requires a bright white LED light to shine. That's not "in the dark"!
I could go on and talk about the poorly designed app (hard to navigate, slow) or the limitations of watching live video (limited to 30 seconds), but you get the drift. This is a product with potential. Right now though, we're all just beta testers.